Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 01:55

KoS rule

Marusuzyk

Hello community,

I have a question about one part of the KoS rules. The KoS right sharing.

"You may only share KoS rights when you meet both of the following conditions:

You are within 500 meters of the hostile situation at the time of occurrence

You were recently apart of the involved parties group."

So am I allowed to shoot the hostage-taker when I see the hostage-situation (because I want to rescue the hostage for example)?

Is it important that the hostage is someone I know or a stranger?

greetings and have a nice day

• Emerald

That would be the good samaritin rule, and it no longer exists.

You need to be in a group, or at least consider yourself a group with your buddy.

If you want to save a stranger being held up, you have to initiate on the robbers.

No you do not share KoS rights in this situation.

"You were recently apart of the involved parties group."

If you are not currently or were "recently" a part of the victim's group then you do not share the KoS rights. If you wanted to engage the hostage taker you would have to initiate on them first.

So if you approached and then ordered the hostage taker to drop their weapon and puts their hands up or you would shoot would be a form of initiating your intent. From there if the hostage taker did not comply or became hostile towards you then you would gain your own KoS rights.

okay, to get it right

If the hostage is a friend of mine or someone from my group for example, I am allowed to KoS.

If the hostage isn't someone I know, I have to engage the hostage taker and tell him to drop his weapon for example. If he doesn't cooperate, I have the right to kill him.

When the hostage taker is someone, i grouped with recently, what is then?

sry for this questions and for bothering you

thank you both for answer so fast

Sort of..

If the hostage is your friend that may not be enough. You have to have "recently" been grouped with that person. So let's say you and the hostage were paired up running together town to town searching for supplies. You are grouped with them. Then you guys decide to part ways in Elektro... you continue to scavenge and a few minutes later you are leaving town when you see your friend (who you were recently grouped with) being taken hostage. You are both still in the same town so you meet the 500m rule and you were recently grouped with him, so you share KoS rights in this instance.

Let's say you log on in Elektro and start off in a building. As you exit the building you hear a conversation and it sounds like a hostage situation or robbery. You see it from around the corner. You are not grouped or were not recently grouped with that hostage (friend or not). You do NOT have shared KoS rights. You were within 500m of the occurrence but NOT recently a part of the hostages group.

If the hostage taker was recently a part of your group doesn't change your KoS rights towards him. If you wanted to attack him you would still have to initiate on him.

• Legend

Hello community,

"You may only share KoS rights when you meet both of the following conditions:

You are within 500 meters of the hostile situation at the time of occurrence

You were recently apart of the involved parties group."

If you do not meet those requirements or you were not initiated on then you do not have kos rights. If you wish to save the person you must first initiate on the hostage taker if he/she dose not comply then you have kos rights. If you are with the victim and decided to split up to cover more ground while looting in a town and you saw him/her being taken hostage then you would have kos right as you meet the criteria above.

have the community and I answered your question?

You have to be apart of that group at the time. For example you and your buddy have been traveling together. You go to start to loot up. You both decide to split up to check houses your friend gets robbed. Since you are within 500 meters you can kill the robber. This is how it works.

Example of incorrect use.

You are n TS with your best bud. You are in guglovo and your buddy is in Stary. He gets robbed. He tells you over ts that he is being robbed and you run to Stary and see your friend still being held up. YOU MUST initiate on the robber, you have no KOS rights.

• Legend

Its good to see you have found your answer. If you need help with anything else feel free to post another question, pm a member of staff or join the help desk in team speak.

/Solved