Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 17:27

What DayZ SA mods are you looking forward to upon full release?

Really looking forward to DayZ Life a la Altis Life for A3 and .

Obviously the standard King of the Hill, Gun Game, Epoch etc mods will be great too.

More off-the-beaten track a friend of mine talked to me about how he'd be interested in some form of medieval mod with chain-mail armour, horses, swords bows etc. That would be pretty awesome. DayZ just offers itself to mods much more than ARMA just based solely on the level of customisation already available.

What about you?

• Sapphire

I like to play my games vanilla. So, no mods for me.

Well, i for one would like that buildings could be destroyed, and also more destructive weapons like explosives, mines, RPG's etc of the older type of course.

Image if you were driving a truck and you could ram it through the wall of a wooden house like you can irl, would bring another dimension to RP when a group is holding hostages and the other group is going to rescue.

But! the things that's a mod or the developers add to the game must have a valid reason to be located in the area of the world where this is taking place, so hi-tech weapons or gear that most likely only the bigger countries in the world have access should not appear here.

Cheers

Besides comestics mods and building mods (private base ect ect) I don't see what could be done for the RP.

An advanced character creator would be great, with features like scars/tatoo/earings and the essentials hairstyles and hair color (love me some nice looking hair cuts :3)

• MVP

The ones I make :D

The ones I make :D

I will second that! +1

I'm mostly looking for character modification and new skins, thats about it. I mean new guns would be nice, including new towns.

I would love to turn this into a Wild West server, that limits the weapons, equipment, and adds new clothing.

I would like to see some of the great vehicle packs that we have seen for Arma 3 like the brilliant jet mods and RHS Escalation mod.

Other than that, Day Z Life would be amazing just because of the amount of clothing that is available!

• Sapphire

Beard customisation mod.

And I don't mean a selection of stock beards, I mean the ability to shave, grow, style and shape your characters facial gatherings over time.

Battle royal. New to dayz, joined last October so never played the arma mod but from the videos the battle royal mod looks pretty fun.

A3 has a decent battle royale if you manage to catch it in a steam sale.

Beard customisation mod.

And I don't mean a selection of stock beards, I mean the ability to shave, grow, style and shape your characters facial gatherings over time.

This man knows what's up, but I never shave my beard so I don't really need all that, just give me a lot of beards to choose from.

Maybe a few more faces...to put beards on!

Beard customisation mod.

This man knows what's up, but I never shave my beard so I don't really need all that, just give me a lot of beards to choose from.

Maybe a few more faces...to put beards on!

Have heard some ideas from vanilla players who talk about how your beard grows the longer you survive, so if you come across a mountain man, you know he knows what's up!

• Sapphire

XMLs would be nice

But. But...

armbands

Ohhhh this is +1 material right there

I like to play my games vanilla. So, no mods for me.

you dont like chocolate? :troll:

• MVP

Character customization if possible, such as hair style or color, and possibly even limited body shape modification.

Also, some sort of base building type stuff would be nice.

Hair styles/colour are integrated to faces and we could model + add more of those once able.

Body shape simply isn't worth the effort though sorry. It would require remodelling every single piece of clothing in the game multiple times

• Sapphire

Hair styles/colour are integrated to faces and we could model + add more of those once able.

Body shape simply isn't worth the effort though sorry. It would require remodelling every single piece of clothing in the game multiple times

I was thinking about that, and depending on how the engine works, that might not be true.

Assuming DayZ uses rigged skeletal meshes, the clothing is rigged to respond to the animations as well in order to stay in synch. If it's possible to "morph" the 3D model, say by changing the scale on the vertical axis and horizontal axes to produce shorter, thicker characters or taller, thinner ones, then applying the same scaling to the clothing should retain the synchronization, and it shouldn't look silly as long as said scaling was kept within reason, say a maximum of +/- 10%.

The big challenge there would be if DayZ supported model scaling. The engine probably doesn't...at least, not dynamically.

• MVP

I was thinking about that, and depending on how the engine works, that might not be true.

Assuming DayZ uses rigged skeletal meshes, the clothing is rigged to respond to the animations as well in order to stay in synch. If it's possible to "morph" the 3D model, say by changing the scale on the vertical axis and horizontal axes to produce shorter, thicker characters or taller, thinner ones, then applying the same scaling to the clothing should retain the synchronization, and it shouldn't look silly as long as said scaling was kept within reason, say a maximum of +/- 10%.

The big challenge there would be if DayZ supported model scaling. The engine probably doesn't...at least, not dynamically.

Correct - DayZ doesn't support scaling for characters or baked mesh clothes.

Basically at all times you are playing a naked character and the game then dynamically bakes the meshes of the clothes over your player. It's why some hairs stick through hats and stuff, they have a set mesh to bake over and customizing it introduces clipping