Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 02:35

Favourite RP time? Night or Day?

I really love the feel of a night server where I won't be KOS'd.

Going through a town, using a pistol w/flashlight, carefully searching every corner for zombies...so damn immersive for me.

What about you guys?

• Emerald

Day until they fix/implement a better lighting system.

For a better explanation before i get false accusations that I hate the developers.

I want this

mBziYT5.jpg

not this

lEBOG.jpg

• Sapphire

I jump on any time. I find that it is more busy and people are more energetic in the morning. At night they seem more mellow and relaxed. So, travel and adventures in the morning and trading and story telling at night.

I jump on any time. I find that it is more busy and people are more energetic in the morning. At night they seem more mellow and relaxed. So, travel and adventures in the morning and trading and story telling at night.

Are there set times for day/night?

I thought it was at the admin's will. Usually it seems to be daytime, but I've had night at the same time as that before now.

For a better explanation before i get false accusations that I hate the developers.

I want this

mBziYT5.jpg

not this

lEBOG.jpg

Where did you get the first screenshot ? If this is a mod I want that !

I want this

mBziYT5.jpg

not this

lEBOG.jpg

Where did you get the first screenshot ? If this is a mod I want that !

That would be photoshop wizardry - no mods for DayZ until full release, I believe.

Those photoshops wizards...Damn them and they're photoshopping skills !

Made me think of this:

Qy4pbsO.jpg

Ahahah been a while since I last saw this one !

Wait a sec...I have the exact same hoodie...

I feel so proud :D

Hehehe. I derailed my own thread and I think it was worth it.

Those photoshops wizards...Damn them and they're photoshopping skills !

Made me think of this:

Qy4pbsO.jpg

Ahahah been a while since I last saw this one !

Wait a sec...I have the exact same hoodie...

I feel so proud :D

Hehehe. I derailed my own thread and I think it was worth it.

Let's keep things straight from now on then.

I made a discovery about myself, It's enough for one thread !

But on topic : RP at night seems great to build tension, makes the char more aware of his surroundings and add to the feeling of being helpless if alone.

Let's keep things straight from now on then.

I made a discovery about myself, It's enough for one thread !

But on topic : RP at night seems great to build tension, makes the char more aware of his surroundings and add to the feeling of being helpless if alone.

And the use of a limited light source...I mean, I'm sure we all mostly just turn up brightness and gamma on vanilla servers to avoid detection, but playing with a torch or lighting up a town with chemlights is just awesome for immersion :D

The more immersive the better for me.

Emotions come naturally when the set is right :)

I got jumpscared a couple of times lol.

I was recording at the time actually...might incorporate that into some form of a trailer or something (I know I'm well late for the competition, but I just like to push myself to try doing new things editing-wise occasionally).

If you ever make it, send it to me via PM !

I'm also learning editing, I've learned a very important thing about that : ALWAYS organize a folder for the clips you're using. I've spent 30m searching for the clip of From Dusk Till Dawn where Tarantino is licking feets.

• Sapphire

I thought it was at the admin's will. Usually it seems to be daytime, but I've had night at the same time as that before now.

I misunderstood you. I was thinking in real life.

I enjoy day and night in the servers, it's just some times when playing we get more night than day. Either way I get to play with people and kill zombies, survive.

If you ever make it, send it to me via PM !

I'm also learning editing, I've learned a very important thing about that : ALWAYS organize a folder for the clips you're using. I've spent 30m searching for the clip of From Dusk Till Dawn where Tarantino is licking feets.

Hahaha god that film got weird...awesome hiest film, then...vampire strippers...hmm.

What an odd scene to need to find...lol just what are you editing up?

I misunderstood you. I was thinking in real life.

I enjoy day and night in the servers, it's just some times when playing we get more night than day. Either way I get to play with people and kill zombies, survive.

Ahhh, I understand now - no worries.

I play early morning-afternoon Australian time so evening/night your time I'd wager. Difficult to find a spot on the server, but I get there within 10mins or so ususally.

Sorry guys who lag out lol

Stupid bullshit would be a good name for it !

But in all seriousness I'm working on an light hearted analysis of Tarantino's work for personnal revenge over what some people on FB told me about his movies.

I struggle to keep focus between the humor and the analysis segments but I think i'm doing ok at the moment.

I'll be glad to show it to the forums but this will be in French, I might add some subtitles if people are really interested, but I am no cinema expert, I just love movies in general. So my opinion doesn't matter that much, I just want to shut some people up. :3

But in all seriousness I'm working on an light hearted analysis of Tarantino's work for personnal revenge over what some people on FB told me about his movies.

I struggle to keep focus between the humor and the analysis segments but I think i'm doing ok at the moment.

I'll be glad to show it to the forums but this will be in French, I might add some subtitles if people are really interested, but I am no cinema expert, I just love movies in general. So my opinion doesn't matter that much, I just want to shut some people up. :3

That sounds really interesting - I'd like to see that with the subs if it's not too much work :)

That sounds really interesting - I'd like to see that with the subs if it's not too much work :)

Might be finished before the end of next month, I dunno, still have to get more clips from 3 other movies and have some tweaks with the script here and there, for now I've discovered the joys of writing chars, and as always when I have a new point of interest, I can't stop from doing it 'till it disgust me :D

• Sapphire

Guy's can you get back on topic. Take your conversation to PM's.

• Sapphire

I prefer to RP when the sun is setting

#Romantic

I prefer to RP when the sun is setting

#Romantic

You know nothing Jon Snow! (get it?)

OnT: I never really tried playing in darkness because I can't ever see anything lol. Could be fun though. I prefer daylight anyway!