Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 19:03

1 1st Person Only Server

Should at least one server be hardcore?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i would like to create a thread that has 4 poll options to see which or if hardcore is wanted in any of the current servers. Third person does not increase your peripheral except for behind you otherwise it is just for viewing your character. I myself play mainly on regular but do like to play hardcore when I want real immersion. For example I do all the boring running in regular then switch to hardcore when I am entering a city, base, or areas where players may be present; just to get that immersive experience. Also no first person gets rid of cheaters finding you over a wall, around a corner, etc. Please vote! We need this matter addressed and we must try to get as many people as possible so we may put this common topic to bed. Thank You!

• Titanium

We have a 1st person only server.

S3

• Sapphire

S3... I thought that was 'Hardcore'? Hardcore is first person right?

• MVP

Hate to break it to you, but S3 is currently set to first-person only already. If you have support for first-person servers just go and play on S3.

• Titanium

A majority of the player base enjoy having the option of both 1st/3rd person. I don't think we'll be getting another 1st person server anytime soon.

/moving to Suggestions

Not a fan of 1PP forced, personally.

I feel survivor-y looking at my character. I switch between the two a lot when talking to people or for panning shots for my YouTube Channel etc.

Because there are very few gun battles (at least in my experience), it's not like the idea of corner-looking can be used as a valid reason, so I was just wondering why you want to force it? Just go in 1PP in the 1PP/3PP servers...

I feel survivor-y looking at my character. I switch between the two a lot when talking to people or for panning shots for my YouTube Channel etc.

Because there are very few gun battles (at least in my experience), it's not like the idea of corner-looking can be used as a valid reason, so I was just wondering why you want to force it? Just go in 1PP in the 1PP/3PP servers...

As someone who plays almost exclusively on S3, I can tell you that I have never felt more immersed. If anything, first person males you feel as if you ARE your character. And S3, while it has a low population, has the better RP of an ny of the three servers. Although this may just be because of its low population.

I feel as if forcing it would create more immersion, better role play and also bring more people to S3.

As someone who plays almost exclusively on S3, I can tell you that I have never felt more immersed. If anything, first person males you feel as if you ARE your character. And S3, while it has a low population, has the better RP of an ny of the three servers. Although this may just be because of its low population.

I feel as if forcing it would create more immersion, better role play and also bring more people to S3.

But you're saying YOU feel more immersed - there's nothing stopping you from hitting that enter button when spawning in and not touching it again.

Sorry, I'm reading this back and it's comming off aggressive which really isn't intended, I'm just saying if you like being in 1PP, then you can be on servers that offer the choice of both - other people in 3PP shouldn't be noticeable really. Again, there is very little PVP advantage to have.

Edit: No wait, I get you - you think it would put people more in the mood. Okay, fair enough; that certainly wouldn't be the case for me as stated above, so I think forced is just...yeah I'm still not convinced.

That would take DayZ RP to another level. No more third-personing others over walls. You would have to put your character out there a lot more. I think that would change the style of play in DayZ RP.

• Emerald

Well, if you look at S3, it's the least populated one of all the servers.

This is an old thread, created before server 3 became a third person server.

The discussion in this thread is outdated already.

For the current discussion go here:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-eu-s3-1st-person-only-poll

• 2 weeks later...