Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 17:36

15 vehicle spawns confirmed in .53

Vehicle spawns increasing from 5 to 15 has been confirmed by Hicks.

https://twitter.com/Hicks_206/status/560511664458838016

With 15 vehicles per server, it would be possible for over half of the people in a server to be in a vehicle. 30/50. That's crazy. I look forward to it increasing the ability for people to get around and visit further away places on the map though. I think it'll be more fun.

Now, once we can have more than 2 people in one, we will really be getting somewhere.

I also wouldn't mind if they lowered the truck volume. It's crazy loud to drive.

• Sapphire

More vehicles! Sweet! Vroom, vroom!

This awesome stuff to hear.

I also heard vehicle persistency is coming next patch

Yea, but since we have persistence off, I guess it won't matter to us for a while.

Yeah, I've been on persistent servers...lots of loot but damn that rubber banding is REAL!

• Emerald

does anyone know when the next update will come?

Most probably next week. However, thats just an assumption...

About the vehicles, 15 spawns... That's quite allot to be honest. I wonder how it will affect the servers stability.

does anyone know when the next update will come?

About the vehicles, 15 spawns... That's quite allot to be honest. I wonder how it will affect the servers stability.

Yeah must be crazy unstable.. Expect glitches.

Will get quite tedious seeing the same vehicle everywhere tbh, would prefer they skipped that in this patch and work on at least 3 different vehicles for next patch!

Since servers have troubles with a full server and "only" 5 V3S running around, adding more will do no good to stability, if they don't increase it on the 0.53 of course.

• Emerald

Will get quite tedious seeing the same vehicle everywhere tbh, would prefer they skipped that in this patch and work on at least 3 different vehicles for next patch!

What about fixing stuff first instead of implenting new stuff.. that would be great.

I know, I know,... Implenting and fixing... Those are two different teams.

But I rather have one vehicle working and a stable server then 4 different vehicles on a not working server. If you get what I mean.

What about fixing stuff first instead of implenting new stuff.. that would be great.

But I rather have one vehicle working and a stable server then 4 different vehicles on a not working server. If you get what I mean.

I totally agree with you, but I must say: It is in alpha and is way more stable than I would expect. Can't say that I am dissatisfied with how it is.

The "alpha" part could also be an excuse now that I think of it.

Guest DMHemmi1

All the same vehicle tho :(

I would rather the count be lower if they would just add more of them...

They are adding varieties of v3s a covered one with covered back and one with a open back with a bed

All the same vehicle tho :(

I would rather the count be lower if they would just add more of them...

They are adding varieties of v3s a covered one with covered back and one with a open back with a bed

Still can only fit two people...

Guest DeadPlaya

After 32 million flame comments on reddit and twitter I'll have to remind you it's ALPHA where they add tje features (let's sell a skeleton of a game and add stuff monthly hurr durr) ans BETA is for bug-fixing.

Major bugs that pop up then are fixed in alpha but the rest are in beta,because THAT makes sense.

Very cool, but I feel that with the majority of vehicle spawns on the west side of the map, adding more will do nothing to encourage people to move around the map. There's no reason that vehicles shouldn't spawn along the coast and in the northeast.

I am glad they are adding more vehicles. Though it would be better if they had vehicles that held more passengers. I miss the Ural.