Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 17:24

Creating a New Character

No, you do not have to get that specific character whitelisted. Your Steam account and DayZ GUID are the only things that will be specifically whitelisted. To create a new character, you simply have to change your name to an RP-acceptable (first name, last name) name and roleplay as a different character, if you wish! It is all up to you, at least according to my understanding. Anyone correct me if I am wrong!

• Emerald

No, you do not have to get that specific character whitelisted. Your Steam account and DayZ GUID are the only things that will be specifically whitelisted. To create a new character, you simply have to change your name to an RP-acceptable (first name, last name) name and roleplay as a different character, if you wish! It is all up to you, at least according to my understanding. Anyone correct me if I am wrong!

You are correct. It's as simple as changing your name (and it's probably best if you start a new life without any gear imo). Just started a new character myself actually.

• Titanium

/moved to Questions

• Sapphire

One big drawback to DayZRP and DayZ in general is the inability to have multiple characters. Changing your name does just that, without altering your gear, location, or anything else about your character.

It would be nice to be able to run two separate characters concurrently, but I can see that being abused by some of the less experienced roleplayers, as well as being abused on purpose by griefers and trolls.

You can technically play different personas in-game, but they're all linked to the same avatar.

• Emerald

As stated above, all you have to do is change your name on the main menu and start roleplaying as that character. Although you will keep the same gear and spawn in the same area you logged since Standalone does not support multiple character. Going to mark this as solved and if you have any more questions don't be afraid to hop onto teamspeak and consult with staff:)

/solving