Server time (UTC): 2022-09-26 13:45

So what brought you here?

Hello DayZRP community

I'm very curious what got all of you into the roleplaying scene, not only for DayZ. If you have or had any previous experiences in roleplaying please share! Any fun stories are welcome aswell.

When I was in college, I lived in a house with several other people, one of them had the 3.5 Dungeon and Dragons books. Almost every night after classes we would get ourselves immersed in our tabletop game. We were also involved in a club at our university that had it's own LARP which we attended every Friday night.

I was watching MadMorph's stream on twitch so I found out about you all from there.

• Sapphire

I always liked roleplaying. Mr.moon was the reason I found this place. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have had the chance to be a part of a growing and very well established community!

I liked to roleplay for a long time but i only found dayzrp through youtube that my friend showed me. He said "these guys take it way too seriously" I got so defensive about rp and have been trying to do dayzrp ever since

Really ? To each one his opinions but did he not see the fun they had ?

For me it was a friend that linked a youtube video by a certain someone called mr.moon.

I was thinking of buying the game before but heard of the current situation on public servers and I used to play the mod, so I knew what to expect. Decided to finally buy it a couple days ago to play with this friend when I remembered that this server existed, decided to check out some more mr.moon videos on the server to see what I could have if I applied.

Checked the forums, immediatly started working on the whitelist application.

psisyndicate wave v.1

Wasn't that mid 2013?

v.2? >->'

IDK, I spent like a month watching all of his series's back in December of 2013, then I finally joined in Feb. b/c I was like "huh, seems cool"

• Titanium

psisyndicate wave v.1

Wasn't that mid 2013?

Think so

V1 one was May 2013. I also found out because of that guy. Before DayZRP i had no RP experience at all.

I am not too sure if any of you older members remember this guy, but I was introduced through VulcanHDGaming's videos on the server back in January (I believe) of 2013. I had just purchased Arma 2: CO that Christmas to play DayZ, and soon got caught up in attempting to join the server.

I used to play vanilla Dayz every day with my friend Bubbles, my brother and some of his friends.

We played on a server where we had paid for our own base on skalitsky Island or some shit like that :P then suddenly one day Psi uploads a DayzRP video and Bubbles joins, it is safe to say he never played vanilla dayz with us again. A month later or so i joined aswell, but I played at weird times so I barely met anyone all I did was loot. So one day I decided, fuckit whoever I meet im gonna talk to them. With my M14 ACOG i walked into the stary red barn and met some folks, they told me there was some bandits nearby so we tried to rob them and as soon as we initiated I was killed lol. After that I stopped playing and my account got deleted. Then I re applied a little bit before the servers lagged out to shit and everyone stopped playing. Then there was Epoch.

• Sapphire

Psi wave v.1 like allot of people. Not a fan of his anymore but I'm glad I watched his stuff back when I did.

Other than some D&D dickery with a few friends I had no RP experience prior.

I used to RP with friends on Halo Reach and also Arma 3 (until they moved on to the new CoD ;-; ). After a while of binge watching Youtube videos, I saw a few people promoting this site and playing in the server. I decided I had had enough of playing alone and dealing with hackers all day so I signed up and applied (was accepted during the weekend while I was out of state). Still have yet to be on the servers though, since my street suffered a power outage in the wake of the Blizzard in New England and I literally JUST got power back.

I bought Arma 2 only for DayZ mod. As I was playing Dayz, I didn't look at Arma like at a game. It was just something that I needed to play the "proper" game - DayZ. Soon after I saw a youtuber (I don't remember' who was It) playing Arma 2 City Life. I found It really entertaining to watch and decided to play. Robbing banks, races, ambushing people, holding hostages - I loved those things. Time passed and It started to bore me. DayZ SA was released, so I spent next few months on playing SA. Then came the overpoch (great fun at start but It gets boring quickly) One day I heard my friends talking about DayZRP. The phrase 'RP' moved something inside of me and I decided to write an application. And that's why I am here now, waiting for my application to get acceped :D

I used to RP with friends on Halo Reach and also Arma 3 (until they moved on to the new CoD ;-; ). After a while of binge watching Youtube videos, I saw a few people promoting this site and playing in the server. I decided I had had enough of playing alone and dealing with hackers all day so I signed up and applied (was accepted during the weekend while I was out of state). Still have yet to be on the servers though, since my street suffered a power outage in the wake of the Blizzard in New England and I literally JUST got power back.

That snow storm has been all over the news. Almost record breaking if I remember right. Scary stuff, hope you're alright. I have family on the east coast.

Guest Doug Quade

I have been a tabletop role player for almost 28 years so when I got tired of PUB servers, I came across a DayzRP video on youtube, and then researched the community and applied :)

So long ago I can't even remember. Probably I was interested if such thing exists as there was this RPG on arma 2 and googled. One thing led to another and I am here...! No regrets! :)

• Emerald

I stumbled on someones video (can't remember the video itself) of a hostage taking at Lake Prud on the mod. It's what made me think to myself : "Wow, this is how DayZ is meant to be played".

I had always been curious about RP, but never had a real chance to try it out, after seeing that and playing the mod, I decided to give it a chance. I was probably a very bad RPer for a long while (typical heli crash brought me to chernarus), but I'm slowly starting to feel confident in my RP and try new things.

I never played on regular DayZ again, and abandonded most of the other games that I play(ed).

Now the only game I could view myself playing besides DayZRP (and the random other games for the lolz) would be Star Citizen, but in a RP group.

• Sapphire

Love the game, hate the KoS mentality (+ rampaging hackers). RP mode adds a whole new perspective to the game, making it more immersive.

Was always curious if I could RP. Turns out I'm getting better and better each playtime and quite frankly, enjoying this a lot. Plus this improves one's skills in English aswell if it's not the native language. Also was very skeptic what me lady would say to this but turns out she's okay with it and likes to listen to me playing :)