Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 02:38

Alcohol and Intoxication

• Sapphire

I know we cannot currently add anything to the game, and that editing tools aren't slated until near the end of the year, but this is a discussion thread, so that's why I'm discussing it! :P

So! Alcohol...older than time itself, consumed by every culture in history, and simultaneously the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems, according to Homer Simpson.

Alcoholic drinks would range from low content (Beer) to high content (Vodka). Characters have an intoxication level, and just like other counters, as that goes up, players get more drunk, and suffer increasing inebriation. Lower cpntent alcohols, such as beer, could be used as a limited method of hydration provided they were consumed in very limited quantity, since alcohol is a diuretic.

Also, the higher content stuff, like vodka, could double as antiseptic, and be used the same way alcohol tinctures are used now.

It could work something like this:

Buzzed - No harmful health effects. Scope sway increased slightly.

Drunk - Dehydration rate increased by 10%, Scope sway increased considerably, increased heat loss.

Drunk - Dehydration rate increased by 15%, scope sway increased severely, random chance to fall down, increased heat loss.

Hammered - Dehydration rate increased by 25%, scopes practically unusable, random chance to fall down, random chance to fall unconscious for 5-10 seconds, random chance to vomit, increased heat loss.

Alcohol Poisoning - Dehydration rate increased by 200%, frequent vomiting until stomach is empty, frequent unconsciousness, unable to stand or walk.

Alcohol poisoning, because of the unconsciousness and vomiting, would almost surely result in severe dehydration, and because of the inability to drink anything, a saline IV would probably be needed to keep someone alive, just like in real life.

Anyway, this is mostly just for people to discuss the concept and idea, their views on it, how it might impact RP (alcohol trade!), and that sort of thing.

As someone who consumes about two bottles of alcohol tincture a day, I agree that this is an awesome and realistic idea that should be implemented. Perhaps, if possible, make your character able to build up a tolerance? I wouldn't know if that's actually possible, though.

• Sapphire

I love this. Good suggestion. Now I can get drunk in game and not have worry about a hangover tomorrow. The best of two worlds!

+1

• Emerald

This could add so much more dimensions.

Think of the posibilities...

Great idea

• Sapphire

I think that would be good for dayzrp but I don't see much use in non rp servers

That's why I posit it as a suggestion for our community. I don't see it being very fleshed out in vanilla DayZSA.

Obviously, we need to wait until dev tools come out so we know how granular our modifications can be.

I think the levels idea would be awesome. Kinda like the stages in gta when your walking gets more wobbly and you can pass out that would be awesome and would make for some amazing rp.

+1

Yeah, I'm a fan.

I also think, going on from the mention of vodka, one should be able to craft molotov cocktails (recipe: matches/lighter, vodka bottle (50%) and rags. Would love to give some zeds a Viking funeral! Or burn out some bandidos out of their hidey-hole!

I am so looking forward to mods for DayZ. I envisage DayZ RP to be similar to Altis Life - traders and drugs and - OMG helicopters....damn I can't wait for full release (in a decade lol)

• Sapphire

Yeah, I'm a fan.

I also think, going on from the mention of vodka, one should be able to craft molotov cocktails (recipe: matches/lighter, vodka bottle (50%) and rags. Would love to give some zeds a Viking funeral! Or burn out some bandidos out of their hidey-hole!

I am so looking forward to mods for DayZ. I envisage DayZ RP to be similar to Altis Life - traders and drugs and - OMG helicopters....damn I can't wait for full release (in a decade lol)

Better to use an empty bottle and fill it with gasoline. Vodka would make a lousy fuel for a molotov.

Yeah, I'm a fan.

Better to use an empty bottle and fill it with gasoline. Vodka would make a lousy fuel for a molotov.

In baltic states...ya gotta use what you got! haha

• El Presidente

Nice suggestion, I'd love to get smashed not only in RL, but also in game, so my blurred speech makes sense! :D

• MVP

This would be badass. Again, with the ideas, Lucia. <3

100% agree with Rolle's comment. ;)

I would love to see this implemented if possible when they get to that point. It would be an excellent thing to use to roleplay. Now if only we could stage zombie fights as well.

• Legend

B7-Z4tkIgAAElVE.jpg:large

The bottles are ready im guessing they are just waiting till they can add the side effects of drinking.

Only issue I see: someone can play mr.russia and just be able to down vodka with no issues, and then people play as 15-16 year olds who will get drunk in one can of beer.