Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 17:58

More US Servers?

Im fairly new to the Dayz RP community, but are there plans for another RP server for the US? Ive only been able to get in 2 different times and that's like an hour before server restart. It would be really awesome if we had another server!

Well, S3 is hardly ever full, so I doubt we'll be seeing a new server any time soon. But I do encourage people to go on S3 as, at least in my experience, there's a lot more good RP and a lot less bullshit, despite, and perhaps because of the low number of people dedicated to playing on a server where the 1st person aspect brings so much immersion.

• Sapphire

Hello friend, I have a quote for you from the man upstairs.

More servers means more players, means more reports, means more staff work and we're not yet ready to take that step, not without server logs.

Search function

I think providing a little help is better than just leading him towards the search bar.

• Sapphire

Server 3 is amazing. You will never get as much emersion and roleplay enjoyment as on the 1st Person Experience, there is nothing more satisfying than having a first person look around as you walk with your badass group over a large open field and just soak in the environment and enjoyment of being with your friends and actually feeling the immersion and roleplay reach peek height.

I love the 1st person server and I'm quite confused why people aren't filling that server up more than S1.

• Emerald

Well, S3 is hardly ever full, so I doubt we'll be seeing a new server any time soon. But I do encourage people to go on S3 as, at least in my experience, there's a lot more good RP and a lot less bullshit, despite, and perhaps because of the low number of people dedicated to playing on a server where the 1st person aspect brings so much immersion.

immersion is an opinion to me 1st/3rd person is the same (one with more bob) s3 is not popular because of the forced 1st person not lack of players. But servers cost money and Rolled is not getting as much recently because of a lack in incentives to donate.

Hello friend, I have a quote for you from the man upstairs.

More servers means more players, means more reports, means more staff work and we're not yet ready to take that step, not without server logs.

Search function

I think providing a little help is better than just leading him towards the search bar.

I think the search bar can help find all the threads a lot quicker then me posting a link to each of them, but thanks for your concern

immersion is an opinion to me 1st/3rd person is the same (one with more bob) s3 is not popular because of the forced 1st person not lack of players. But servers cost money and Rolled is not getting as much recently because of a lack in incentives to donate.

Well, you kind of contradict yourself, saying "it's not popular because of a lack of players", I mean, that's what popularity is. If it has a lack of players, it is by definition not popular. I am for all servers using first person, as I am sure most people wouldn't mind playing on a server with 1st person, they just prefer the unrealistic advantage of being able to look over walls and such. I have found that with most people who I know that started playing on first person, they might not have liked it in the beginning because it felt restricting, but over time, when you get used to it, you love it.

Similarly, I am sure that people would dislike forced first person on all servers at first, but would grow to be just fine with it and feel more immersed, and to be honest, the quality of RP there is much higher, and the number of hackers and KOSers is lower. I of course understand that people value being able to look over walls and at their character more than this, however, as you do spend more time running between locations than RPing normally.

• Emerald

immersion is an opinion to me 1st/3rd person is the same (one with more bob) s3 is not popular because of the forced 1st person not lack of players. But servers cost money and Rolle is not getting as much recently because of a lack in incentives to donate.

Well, you kind of contradict yourself, saying "it's not popular because of a lack of players", I mean, that's what popularity is. If it has a lack of players, it is by definition not popular. I am for all servers using first person, as I am sure most people wouldn't mind playing on a server with 1st person, they just prefer the unrealistic advantage of being able to look over walls and such. I have found that with most people who I know that started playing on first person, they might not have liked it in the beginning because it felt restricting, but over time, when you get used to it, you love it.

Similarly, I am sure that people would dislike forced first person on all servers at first, but would grow to be just fine with it and feel more immersed, and to be honest, the quality of RP there is much higher, and the number of hackers and KOSers is lower. I of course understand that people value being able to look over walls and at their character more than this, however, as you do spend more time running between locations than RPing normally.

I tried what you suggested, I played first person for a week straight. It never got any better for me :(

also I get sick easy xD

immersion is an opinion to me 1st/3rd person is the same (one with more bob) s3 is not popular because of the forced 1st person not lack of players. But servers cost money and Rolle is not getting as much recently because of a lack in incentives to donate.

I tried what you suggested, I played first person for a week straight. It never got any better for me :(

also I get sick easy xD

Oh, wow. I guess they keyword is "most people". Haha.

• Sapphire

More servers=more awesomeness

• Emerald

also I get sick easy xD

Turn head bob off. And follow the guides to increase your FPS.

Either that, or I'm the only person that doesn't get sick from 1PP.

I did and I still got ill xD

I think there are plenty of people that get sick from 1st person as a matter of fact. It's pretty common. I personally only seem to really get sick from a mixture of movement in third person, and excessive contrast of color. Such as from Kayne and Lynch.

• Titanium

/moved to Suggestions

that's a great suggestion, but my ping to s3 is `289 and the s2 is less than 50

well...server 3 is first person...so no crap its hardly ever full.....