Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 18:08

Past RP's

Rocktalon

• Sapphire

I started role playing when I was a kid, you know playing outside and pretending to be whatever you can imagine.

I really like 'acting' it's been something that I've been doing for a while. Role playing and acting are pretty much the same thing. I like playing someone else, I love to see how the story unfolds, and where it takes me mentally. Role playing makes me think 'out of the box'. I try to be imaginative when I do do a role play.

To be honest this is the first RP community that I've ever joined. I feel honored to play with so many amazing people that are very talented and brilliant role players. I am happy that I was given the chance here with this community to show that I can play a role, I can be a creative thinker, I am original.

I started with, funnily enough, Star Wars: Battlefront 2 on PC. Some pretty good memories as a young lad playing all day long. Then, around 4 years ago, I began RPing on some forums, playing in writing-based games. I've done that on and off since then, and (as you can see) I joined this community almost 2 years ago. Been playing on and off here, as well. Hopefully here to stay with Standalone :D

Oh man, let me just tell you...

But my first experience with role-playing came from MSN chat back in the late 90's, when I was like twelve or thirteen, which helped my typing speed and spelling, let me tell you. Following that I got into Dungeons and Dragons in Middle School, after meeting other people of like minds. That led to message board rp's, only to be followed by endless amounts of message board rp's as I had become hooked, and then every tabletop game I could get my hands on.

In all honesty, this is my first foray into the land of online role-playing, aside from a short stint of time in the early 2000's when I played a bit of Evercrack, and role-played in that.

I started with, funnily enough, Star Wars: Battlefront 2 on PC. Some pretty good memories as a young lad playing all day long. Then, around 4 years ago, I began RPing on some forums, playing in writing-based games. I've done that on and off since then, and (as you can see) I joined this community almost 2 years ago. Been playing on and off here, as well. Hopefully here to stay with Standalone :D

Battlefront 2? How so?

• Sapphire

DayZRP took my RP virginity and wasn't very gentle.

It's as if you want Othuyeg to reply to you! :troll:

Haha, I just edited that to sound less rapey.

• Legend

I Roleplay about 18 years now. Started with pen&paper (and still doing it)

My favorite: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadowrun and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_Eye

• MVP

Lets see.

Been doing pen'n'paper RPGs since I was a wee lad.(Mostly a swedish RPG called EON)

Started roleplaying in mmorpgs when I was about 19 years old, starting out with Lineage 2.

Then I started playing WoW (from day one when it was released), roleplayed on the Earthen Ring server as "Coragon the tavernkeeper" for probably 7 years straight. Most of my mmorpg rp experience is from that game fo'sho. Eventually got bored and tried SWTOR a bit, liked it for a while and left.

Otherwise I've also been roleplaying in games like minecraft, arma2 and 3 and Life is feudal.

All in all I've been roleplaying for perhaps..18 years. Give or take.

Guest bobman235

my fist time roleplaying was in Garry's mod and I lived it. I just wanted to find a more closely monitored community for rp because of how open ended the rp was in Garry's mod. and when I found dayz I thought that I would love to rp in the game.

My first experience at role playing was most likely when i was a child and larped Pokemon, teen titans and other hyped things during that time. When i turned into a teen i role played on giai and tinier me which are just chat and forum based roleplays. If i am accepted this will be my first experience at role playing within a game like dayz.

Wow, that question...

Pen&Paper:

1. D&D
  2. Shadowrun/Cyberpunk
  3. MechWarrior
  4. Vampire: The Masquerade (My all-time favourite)
  5. Werewolf: The Apocolypse
  6. Mage: The Ascension
  7. Call of Cthulu

BTabletop Miniatures:

1. Bloodbowl
  2. Warhammer Fantasy
  3. Mechwarrior
  4. Warhammer 40K
  5. A lot of dungeon based ones

LaRP:

1. Vampire: The Masquerade

There are probably more I can put in each list, but can not remember, like some really old MUD's and such...

ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!

You didn't answer your own question, let's hear it!

Alright, the first time I did RP was on Lego Star Wars II with my sister. We created characters and RP'd as them. After that it was Roblox, then G-mod then Fallen Earth. Back to G-mod then onto Unturned. Recently I tried to play the Star Wars Pen and Paper, but the people I was playing with just wanted to quit the whole time.

• Sapphire

Jeeeeeesus, you'd get a shorter response out of me asking for my employment history...

Okay, let's see...

I started roleplaying in the Red Dragon Inn as well as Yserbius on the ImagiNation Network in 1991, which was known as The Sierra Network at the time. That was pretty steady until 1996 when it shut down.

Then, I started roleplaying in some chat rooms in Diablo, which occasionally bled into limited RP within the game itself. Around that time, I also started using IRC chat rooms, and from there, much of my roleplay was text-based, and included some MUD programs as well.

I began experimenting with roleplay in a more graphical environment in the late 90s with Ultima Online, and even moreso around 1999 when EverQuest came out. Games like Asheron's Call and Star Wars Galaxies gave me even more roleplay fodder and allowed me to expand more into graphical environments, though the entire time I was still using text-based places as well, one of the more prominent ones being Belariath (NSFW warning if you search for that one), which is a more adult-oriented roleplaying environment backed by a sort of pen-and-paper RPG system for tracking character advancement.

Second Life basically revolutionized my roleplaying experience due to the ludicrous amount of customization possible not only within the world but also to individual characters, and I've been RPing there for close to a decade now, in places like Tenebra, Kingdom of Sand, Transarcadia, City of Lost Angels, Mystara, and a host of other locations. Second Life is also where I met Mel Drake, who used to frequent DayZRP, and is as much an avid and experienced roleplayer as I am.

DayZ wasn't my first experience at trying RP in an action-based game, either. I actually took part in a short Doom-based RP, where myself and three other RPers actually treated the game like it was real, playing on Ultra-Violence difficulty, reacting to wounds and being injured, and trying to survive. It even involved permadeath, and dying meant the rest had to mourn and then go on without you.

I tried some of the Garry's Mod RP maps, but while those certainly had a fun idea, most of the "roleplaying" that went on there was only in the loosest sense, and I quickly lost interest.

DayZRP is the first time I've seen any true attempt at adapting an action-oriented game to suit roleplay, and I think Rolle's done a really good job so far. It's the first action game I've roleplayed in that I really enjoyed.

• Emerald

Started on dayzrp back in July 2013 first thing I have ever properly Roleplayed on over time I learnt to be more confident when rp'ing with others and here I am now I do not shut up ingame. :D

I started role playing when I was a kid, you know playing outside and pretending to be whatever you can imagine.

I really like 'acting' it's been something that I've been doing for a while. Role playing and acting are pretty much the same thing. I like playing someone else, I love to see how the story unfolds, and where it takes me mentally. Role playing makes me think 'out of the box'. I try to be imaginative when I do do a role play.

To be honest this is the first RP community that I've ever joined. I feel honored to play with so many amazing people that are very talented and brilliant role players. I am happy that I was given the chance here with this community to show that I can play a role, I can be a creative thinker, I am original.

100% me, daym i thought me and my best friend are the only one...

First timer. Never played any tabletop stuff before, DayZRP took my RP virginity and didn't hug me after.

Yeup...

I'm not really a gamer so I haven't really had friends that are gamers so I haven't had the options to roleplay.

But I have a new friend that have offered me to do some tabletop RP I think it's called, like text rp.

I think I'm gonna try it.

Started with Swedish Drakar och Demoner ( D&D basically ) around 91 and during that time i was trying out other games along side of it as well. Got into Larps ( live action roleplaying games ) a bit later on and hosted my first one at the age of...15 i think.

Since that i have been playing countless versions of fantasy, sci fi, PA, Vampire etc and also all different versions of larps. Now me and some friends have our own company and we work with Cosplay for game developers and host our Post Apocalyptic horror larps.