Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 17:58

Char Wipe

Guest Cracked Wiener

We don't control character wipes. It will be wiped eventually, that is out of our control. This is a roleplay community, not a gear competition. I wouldn't get overly attached to it. You will die, or it will be wiped. Better to just accept that now, before your heart gets broken.

dispite how wordy that all was i think i agree. I am happy with my character and having to make a new story would kill me since i spent so long on the story i have for mine. Or do you mean wipe as in gear wipe and spawn us all on the coast? if so im against that too because i hate having to run miles just to meet up with my wife.

oh he meant gear wise ya im against that unless persistence is off

• Legend

Moved to question as I believe you understand things not clearly. In here you will get some clarifications.

• Sapphire

dispite how wordy that all was i think i agree. I am happy with my character and having to make a new story would kill me since i spent so long on the story i have for mine. Or do you mean wipe as in gear wipe and spawn us all on the coast? if so im against that too because i hate having to run miles just to meet up with my wife.

oh he meant gear wise ya im against that unless persistence is off

What on earth do you mean by having to make a new story? So what if a wipe comes and you get spawned back on the coast with nothing, RP it out. I'm sure you're capable of doing it. It's not like your whole account will be deleted from the DayZ database. And why "unless persistence is off"? It is currently off on DayZRP servers.

And as Echo mentioned the global wipes are not controlled by the server admins. It WILL come soon enough. Sorry to hear for your loss of the perfected Navy SEAL gear

EDIT: Just come to my attention the private shards won't be affected. Disappointment really..

• MVP

If I understand correctly -

You are saying you don't want us to wipe the server?

• Emerald

I was just reading the dev blog, the .53 wipe is only going to be on the public servers hive. Private hives are in affected!!! :)

Here is the link: http://dayz.com/blog/status-report-week-of-19-jan-15

skeetsi i was confused some people have been calling for a complete new rp i thought the thread was that at first. second i dont like persistance on and some people want it on so om saying if persistence changes i would like to keep our stuff so we can at least get a bag of rice and a vest eithout having to search an hour for a bag to fill with apples that we spend an hour picking

• MVP

Ominous posted something that should help you understand the situation a bit more. The wipe is only for the public hive, so all public servers will be wiped with .53. Private shards won't be affected by the wipe unless we were to actually do it ourselves.

Here is a direct screenshot from the link posted above by Ominous:

04b90e7821.png

For further clarification just because there is a character wipe doesn't mean there is any lore wipe or forcing you to have to make a new character backstory. Feel free to use the same characters, group affiliations, etc. We aren't touching any of that as of right now and I honestly don't expect that to change because of the new patch.

Does this address the questions in this thread?

Listen to the Cid, the Cid is quite right in this case.

Also, Saracen, as far as the Apple Mining Survival Expeditions, I know your pain all too well, but keep in mind, Persistence is the only way that you can really leave notes, caches of stuff to go to when things go bad, set up tent-towns, and many other things that add greatly to the role-playing experience.

As far as character wiping, all you do is lose your stuff. Stuff can be replaced, and will ended up getting ruined some how anyways, so all you are doing is taking a long trip to stock back up on stuff, so it's not the worst. Its much better than say, losing everyones backstory and the lore, which would pretty much screw most of us over.

• Emerald

This answer right here should be sufficient enough to answer the question at hand, if you have any more question don't be afraid to hop into teamspeak and consult with staff:)

Ominous posted something that should help you understand the situation a bit more. The wipe is only for the public hive, so all public servers will be wiped with .53. Private shards won't be affected by the wipe unless we were to actually do it ourselves.

Here is a direct screenshot from the link posted above by Ominous:

04b90e7821.png

For further clarification just because there is a character wipe doesn't mean there is any lore wipe or forcing you to have to make a new character backstory. Feel free to use the same characters, group affiliations, etc. We aren't touching any of that as of right now and I honestly don't expect that to change because of the new patch.

Does this address the questions in this thread?

/solving