Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 18:11

No Wipe for Private Shards

Personally. I'd rather be executed or freeze to death along out in the forest and then create a new character. Arbitrary death or removal really frustrates me. I like having a realistic and linear story for my character. I hope DayZRP doesn't ever have hive wipes, to be completel honest.

I'm actually quite disappointed by this. I was planning to use this wipe to create a new character.

Then...wipe yourself?

^This guy gets it.

In RP, hive wipes are completel unnecessary. Gear is meh, that's not what the roleplay is about. Though some people still play with no goal in mind but that bloody M4A1 or some fancy Smersh Vest.

Roleplay is about player interaction.

Hive Wipes are for public servers so everyone is put back to squar one gear-wise.

• Emerald

Personally, when the time persistence comes around, a wipe of the server should happen anyhow.

Personally, when the time persistence comes around, a wipe of the server should happen anyhow.

I fully agree with this!

Also I am sick of seeing people loaded to the teeth in great gear. All it is when I meet SOME people is "Do you have this mag or that vest?" Seriously, no hello, no are you okay out here? Nothing but ask for gear!

It's getting on my nerves but not much I can do about it but play along and say "nope". Even if I have what the person asked for, just because that's all they asked before even a small Hello what's your name, I won't give it to them, and I would've !!

If persistence is back on and working, there should be a wipe and get everyone finding stuff the legit RP way again. Not just camp a good loot spot and wait for server restarts or some innocent guy to get robbed by them while they wait. Meh.

• Sapphire

I agree that the RP is much more important than the gear, but not all the time is it 100%. Gear is often what causes or sparks the good RP and is clearly shown with the traders who wouldn't be as popular without the gear they hold. Gearing has to be some what of an important role or everyone would just be talking and walking naked.

Dayz is a game based around gear; otherwise, we would all be playing SimCityRP lol

I think that gear is PART of RP. Not a huge part of it but part of it. It is needed to play or represent a certain role. Everyone having the total-ultra-gear can bug yeha but I never had the problem that people seemed over geared.

Would not wipe and turn on persistence because trying to find stuff is hard enogh and picking apples/berries is -> NOT <- fun. It is not. Really. Hate it to pick apples/berries and to die after or make it. Just no RP, No acual gameplay fun.

• Emerald

I'm actually quite disappointed by this. I was planning to use this wipe to create a new character.

Then...wipe yourself?

Yeah, planning on it. Just thought it was perfect timing.

A wipe of the server when we get the logs will be a good thing. It´s been enough hacks and rubbish to over-gear the server several times over + a lot of duping and what not. A fresh start is the best thing to do, and the gear can always be re acquired.

I could care less about a wipe, really. If you feel compelled to start from zero just stick your toon in the ocean before you eat. He will be dead before you come back and you can begin your existential character build again. Truly, I do not care about a wipe at all.

I care about logs. Don't tell me they have been delayed as well because that really would suck.

• Sapphire

I could care less about a wipe, really. If you feel compelled to start from zero just stick your toon in the ocean before you eat. He will be dead before you come back and you can begin your existential character build again. Truly, I do not care about a wipe at all.

I care about logs. Don't tell me they have been delayed as well because that really would suck.

They're part of 0.53, so yes, unfortunately, they were delayed as well.

• Sapphire

ehh if you want a wipe just commit Sudoku

• Sapphire

A another wait, I am fine with that. I don't really care about losing my character.

• MVP

As others have mentioned, I think we should wipe the server anyway. We've had too many hackers and dupers exploiting things, so the new patch would be an opportune moment to start over.

Also, the "delay" of 0.53 is minimal. The logs are coming and they'll be here very very soon. Thank god for that.

• Sapphire

I think that gear is PART of RP. Not a huge part of it but part of it. It is needed to play or represent a certain role. Everyone having the total-ultra-gear can bug yeha but I never had the problem that people seemed over geared.

Would not wipe and turn on persistence because trying to find stuff is hard enogh and picking apples/berries is -> NOT <- fun. It is not. Really. Hate it to pick apples/berries and to die after or make it. Just no RP, No acual gameplay fun.

Finally, someone gets it, kudos to the other guy who realized that you can just wipe yourself as well.

My opinion on gear : It's part of the rp element, I don't want my guy to look like a soldier, so I have to go out of my way most of the time to find the things to give off that survivor feel. (For some reason, EVERYONE else can find everything easily, but I can never even find a bloody can of beans half the time.)

I don't really care much about gear really, but at the same time I do. What was that old saying? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." d:

• Sapphire

As others have mentioned, I think we should wipe the server anyway. We've had too many hackers and dupers exploiting things, so the new patch would be an opportune moment to start over.

Also, the "delay" of 0.53 is minimal. The logs are coming and they'll be here very very soon. Thank god for that.

I agree with Tomeran.

A wipe will probably be the best thing to do with the arrival of 0.53. The patch adresses duping and logs so why not have a fresh start on that matter. Also, from the recent posts on the wipe topic, most people even want to have a wipe, because they want a fresh start.

• Sapphire

I fully agree with this!

Also I am sick of seeing people loaded to the teeth in great gear. All it is when I meet SOME people is "Do you have this mag or that vest?" Seriously, no hello, no are you okay out here? Nothing but ask for gear!

It's getting on my nerves but not much I can do about it but play along and say "nope". Even if I have what the person asked for, just because that's all they asked before even a small Hello what's your name, I won't give it to them, and I would've !!

If persistence is back on and working, there should be a wipe and get everyone finding stuff the legit RP way again. Not just camp a good loot spot and wait for server restarts or some innocent guy to get robbed by them while they wait. Meh.

Wait, how will wiping the server keep people from camping loot spawns again? Eh.. This would just most likely cause a LARGER influx of people camping the spawns. Not to mention, there will probably be the entire community running around the coast for 1-2 weeks. I probably won't even attempt to log in for that time frame because of this.

St. Louis Blues Fan, 1985: "The Stanley Cup will be ours shortly!"

I kid, I kid.

Sad to hear about the duping. I haven't come across the big piles of evidence I used to on public 3 months ago, so I thought it was fixed. If people here have found the endless mags as well... then yes, wipe with extreme prejudice. Get all of those filthy little dingle-cheats with some good old fashioned fiber infused resets.