Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 17:34

Blackwood Milita 89.5

Mamba

Siris rotates the radio in between his hands and switches it on. He pauses and looks at it for a moment before speaking.

"This is Siris Valentine of the Blackwood Militia. Our enemies would have you believe that we are nothing more than petty criminals. That we thrive off of those that have nothing.[static follows]

"These cowards would rob the innocent, and claim it be to find us, but we are not hidden. [More Static follows]

"As I speak more and more people train to be our militia men. More and more flock to our cause.[The radio crackles and cuts out for a second]

"Do not attempt to seek us out. You will not like what you find."

"End transmission"

This is for IC interaction ONLY. No exceptions.

*After hearing Siris's broadcast over the radio Donny slides his radio from his front pocket and begins speaking*

Hearing ya loud and clear Siris it's good to see you got that busted up radio to work....

*A long static ensues*

God fucking dammit Siris don't tell me you just switched my radio for your one how in gods name am i supposed to use this piece of shit.... When i get back from scouting out this town of survivors i expect that radio to be on my sleepin..g bag you fucking hear me?

*An even longer static ensues*

*Donny switches off the radio and contemplates chucking the radio away*

I guess i will have to deal with this for a while longer

*Donny slides the radio back into his front pocket and grabs his binoculars to continue scouting the town*

*radio crackles to life*

Hello there. It seems that you've made quite the handful of enemies. I've heard some pretty nasty things about you, even some physical evidence. I didn't know you guys did tattoos.

Anyways, there's a group on the prowl hunting for you guys. Can't say I'm not a little pissed or curious from what I've been hearing about your group.

Over and out.

*radio dies down to sleep*

*Donny begins laughing after hearing the transmission from the unknown man and picks up the radio that he took back from Siris and begins talking*

Look friend i don't know who you are and frankly i couldn't give a fuck but i thought i would respond seeing as you're an observer of my friend Yuri's work, are you with him right now because i would oh so like to chat with him? I sure hope his wounds have healed up and that he remembers that him and his friends should not fuck with us.

*Donny lets go of the switch on the radio but then remembers the man talking about a group that is hunting him and his group*

Now before i forget, this group you speak of do they have a fucking death wish or are they just in search of an autograph because i think Yuri would like to practice his branding skills a little more if you catch my drift.

Let this be a warning to them and any motherfuckers that are listening to this right now, do not fuck with us and we sure as hell wont fuck with you... Hell we could even be friends

*Donny begins laughing to himself and then lets go of the radio switch and slowly places it to the side of his boot*

Beats the radio until it works "Fucking thing" he mutters underneath his breath.

Finally it crackles and Siris speaks into it slowly and clearly.

"Listening to rumors is what gets people marked in the first place, throwing around accusations because we refuse to be walked on, or stepped over. I'm going to tell you in a polite way, don't believe everything you hear.

[static follows]

"Just remember, 2 sides of every coin, and if you come with the intentions of burying us. I'll cut you the fuck up and feed you to the cannibals." [Laughter can be heard in the background, followed by more static]

[Radio cuts out and the transmission ends.]

• Emerald

*After hearing the transmission from one of his friends about Blackwood, Luka picks up his scratched old shortwave and pressed the transmit button*

'Greetings Blackwood. It has recently come to my attention that one of your men straight up robbed one of the men under my command, calling us 'CDF Scum' like an old Chedaki insurgent. I am a fair man, and I could understand rash acts done in acts of desperation, but considering your man, one Yuri Draganov, straight up robbed my man whose name I will withhold over an empty AKM, because my man needed it to continue his mission of going around and providing protection and supplies. My man was a victim of a robbery not ten minutes earlier, and was lucky enough to procure the AKM mere minutes before your man robbed him.

I expect that the man in question, Yuri Draganov be brought to justice with a fair hearing and all. Consider this as a chance to redeem your group and it's current activities that are coming close towards banditry. You yourselves claim that you are not petty criminals, but given your recent actions, do not expect any form of support from us in the future.'

• Emerald

** As Alin was checking out multiple frequencies on his shortwave radio, he stumbles upon this one, hearing the ongoing conversation. Afther the last transmission ended, he decided to reply **

Hello? Does this work correctly? Hello?

*Alin pauses briefly*

This should be working. Yes... Yes it does...

I am Alin Stoica. A civilian nurse, just wandering around. I had the luck I met the people of Blackwood 2 days ago. Yes, yes you do hear me clearly: Luck. They have treated me well, offered me shelter, offered me food and water.

I was so thankfull I found them. Or maybe... They found me. I helped some of their men with medical threatment. They all seemed to be nice. I am sure they do not have any bad intentions... Or at least they did not show them towards me!

*Alin messes around with the radio a bit, as he is quite clumsy when it comes to technical stuff*

zzzz- moved to -zzzzzzzz- ogrosk a few days ago. They we're patroll -zzzzz- secure the town. I have moved out yesterday, but I don't th -zzzzzzzz- anymore. -zzzzzzz---

*The radio transmission dies out, clearly Alin messed too much with the portable shortwave radio*

*listens intently to radio transmission while trying to not laugh, then decides to respond*

'Ha ha ha ha ha thank you for that, I needed a good laugh. Don't worry, your message has been received I will make sure yuri receives the commendation he requires. Oh, and your more than welcome to come look for us but don't expect a happy ending"

*jack drops the radio before fiddling through his pockets, as he pulls up to yuri he takes out a sheet of stickers and sticks a big yellow star sticker on his chest rig and tells him "well done" before going about his business*

*After listening to the previous broadcasts Donny pulls his radio out from the pocket on his backpack and begins talking*

Alin was it? it is good to see you're safe and that the boys didn't give you any harm, we aren't all out to harm others only those that threaten us.

*Donny pauses and takes a sip of water from his canteen*

Hmmm... where was i... oh yeah... you say you helped out members of the Blackwood and for that i thank you, if you are ever in need of help or want somewhere to stay for a while contact us over this frequency and we will send some guys to your aid.

*Donny cancels the broadcast and looks over to some members of Blackwood*

You think that was a little nice? damn that felt weird.

The radio on his belt crackles, and he listens to the previous transmissions.

"CDF you say? I do not recognize the authority of the CDF. If you want to try my comrade for crimes, come get him. Harming or attempting to harm one of us will be met with force.

"Radio crackles and buzzes can be heard"

Ever considered your man was disrespectful? Maybe that got him robbed. I don't know. We punish a lot of people.

My grandfather worked his whole life, went to church and was a pilar of the community. On the day my grandma died he got into an accident from dui and a woman died. Guess which part of his legacy people remember?

[radio buzzes and pops]

We are not looking for enemies, but we will not shy away. Please tread carefully

*As he is walking along the Vybor roads, he is clicking through radio channels and hears a man of the Blackwood Militia*

"Hello! I met Blackwood a while back and didn't realize you guys had a radio frequency that was common among you. You are good men. Better than the CDF who are the skiddish and figidty ones, who will get others killed easily. I would like to meet up with you Blackwood again, if that is acceptable? My name is Frank Thompson, if you remember me from the military base.

• Emerald

*Hearing the transmission, Luka picked up his scratched old shortwave and pressed the transmit button*

'I really do not care if you recognise the authority or not, it doesn't really matter anymore. I also did not say that we were coming to get revenge, no - enough human blood has already been spilled these past few months and there is no real point of throwing our own lives at each other for the sake of some petty personal vendetta.

All that I was expecting is that your man would be talked to and was given a fair trial to account for his actions. I cannot see why he had to take from him, when there are plenty other guns, food and equipment laying around. Your man called us 'CDF scum', and from what I've been told with such venom in his voice that he sounded like an old Chedaki insurgent - you see why I am worried about such things? You people, claiming to not be criminals - yet siding with the men who committed acts of genocide and mass slaughter of innocents. The things I have heard, and my man experienced are anything but glowing reports of your activities. And it seems like you are either an unwilling scapegoat, or the very people committing these atrocities - and given that you had one man laughing at my words - you can tell which one it sounds like you are.

I also would be worried if my man was disrespectful to yours - and even if so - it seems like one hell of a poor reason to strip him of almost everything he owned. We won't fight you, no - but we will not assist you if you would need it, consider this - that one man has caused you to be left without another group of people willing to assist you. Think about that.'

*hears radio transmission from backpack*

Hello Frank! This is Yuri Dragunov, I do recall meeting up with you at the military base sorry we didn't get to speak much longer..I would have loved to talk about the piece of shit CDF scum. If you would like to create a meeting I will have to speak with my Glorious Kapitán..althouh...

*radio begins to cut out mid sentence*

• Sapphire

*Richard rolls over from his sleeping spot and reaches for his radio and proceeds to transmit*

'Firstly mate who the fuck needs the help of the weak?'

'Secondly if i remember your man correctly we left him with clothing, food, water and medical supplies. he should consider himself lucky he left with his life.'

*Richard lets go of the transmission button and throws the radio back into his bag*

'Fucking Chernarussian's... i don't think I've ever met a dumber bunch'

*Finally feeling re leaved he presses down the button transmitting to Blackwood.*

"Alright then, talk to your higher ups. I have ran back from Zelengorsk, I am hanging near Vybor for the time being. I am glad you remember me, you seem to run into a lot of people. I would also like to learn of your relations, possibly even hang with you guys for a while, good people are hard to come by now a days. Thank you, I'll be in contact. Frank, out

*Andrei hears a lot of talking over the radio, he listens in to thr talks between the CDF and BM then after hearing Frank he responds*

Bonjour there.. I just wanted to speak my mind here.. The CDF in my opinion are not Fidgity as you say.. Honestly they aren't many in numbers due to the scattered military personnel on the ground..

We should thanks these people and not insult them because without them... We would be in the same scenario that Crimea is in.. I am obviously not saying you shoudl thank him like a god and savior but they got shit pay to save the country.. I also am not saying all CDF might be friendly.. Wome are surely hostile like any other bandit out there..

Let's remember who the real enemy is and that's the infection.. It's THE Common enemy, we've all lost family members, hole families, friends and we're all stuck here because of this pandemic.. We should redirect this anger and unstrust towards the infected.. Then handle the little fights..

*Static*

I understand robbing is a must nowadays.. I have been robbed and I gladdly complied knowing the man infront of me was desperate and really needed it compared to me.. That doesn't mean tobbing guns off random civilians is OK.. We need to keep order... That's the end goal for all of us.. Why must people try and break it with pure acts of violence..

Look I have gone on enough of a rant already and infected anf starting to pounf on my door.. I don't know either groups but I suggest the 2 representatives mert and settle on a cease fire.. Or something.. We need to focus on the main problem.. The infected.. If we all turn on eachother we will surely fail at bringing back order to our country, continent or even planet.. We will have less active men, less meds, less food and drinks and less guns and ammo.. I might be a complete stranger but we must acknowledge the enemy here and attempt to eradicate it..

Militia men.. I assume you guys are highly trained in the woods and just general sneaking? Maybe you can help the CDF if they need help in that.. In return CDF could attempt to contact other CDF cells and start getting a larger force in the entire Chernarus to partake in this.. Maybe yiu can get a hand from their engineers or something..

Fuck.. I think the infected got in.. I must go but pleas consider what I have said..

*Andrei turns off the radio and attempts to sneak out of his building*

• Emerald

*Hearing the two other transmissions, Luka pressed the transmit button on his shortwave*

'And with an attitude like those two, you will make more enemies than you can count. I have been nothing but fair to you while transmitting, and you have thrown that kindness back at myself and replaced it with hostility. Hell, here I was sitting an hour ago, thinking you were either doing these acts out of desperation, or you were scapegoats. I was offering a hand, giving you the benefit of the doubt and these words alone have outright proven my case.

I do not care what you think of us, what you want with us or what stupid motive drives you to rob and harm innocents and be outright hostile to those offering fairness. I cannot see why people like yourselves, would resort to these actions. What the hell happened to you to drive you that far away from humanity? There are people out there, good people, just like you - trying to make it from day to day - and there are others, like myself and my men - trying to unite us to fight the real enemy here. The infected bastards that took it all from us.

There is still time for redemption, a chance to build a better world from the ashes of the old one. Do you want the world to stay like this? Forcing you to commit evil in the hope that good will come from it? I have no doubt that there are people out there that you have helped, accounting for the evil that you commit in some way. So why commit the evil in the first place? Why not unite and pool everything together? Why not share and have a beautiful world be built where fear and horror don't grip anyone any longer?

I pray that you see the reason behind my words. And I pray that you still have an ounce of honesty and decency left within you to at least acknowledge my words.'

*Hearing the two other transmissions, Luka pressed the transmit button on his shortwave*

'And with an attitude like those two, you will make more enemies than you can count. I have been nothing but fair to you while transmitting, and you have thrown that kindness back at myself and replaced it with hostility. Hell, here I was sitting an hour ago, thinking you were either doing these acts out of desperation, or you were scapegoats. I was offering a hand, giving you the benefit of the doubt and these words alone have outright proven my case.

I do not care what you think of us, what you want with us or what stupid motive drives you to rob and harm innocents and be outright hostile to those offering fairness. I cannot see why people like yourselves, would resort to these actions. What the hell happened to you to drive you that far away from humanity? There are people out there, good people, just like you - trying to make it from day to day - and there are others, like myself and my men - trying to unite us to fight the real enemy here. The infected bastards that took it all from us.

There is still time for redemption, a chance to build a better world from the ashes of the old one. Do you want the world to stay like this? Forcing you to commit evil in the hope that good will come from it? I have no doubt that there are people out there that you have helped, accounting for the evil that you commit in some way. So why commit the evil in the first place? Why not unite and pool everything together? Why not share and have a beautiful world be built where fear and horror don't grip anyone any longer?

I pray that you see the reason behind my words. And I pray that you still have an ounce of honesty and decency left within you to at least acknowledge my words.'

Siris picks up the radio angrily

"Do not presume to have us figured out. We never asked you for your help. That is the difference between us. We never asked anyone for help. That is why we are not weak. You did not radio us talking about peace, you radio us speaking about rumors and he said she said shit. You expect us to what? Beg to be friends? You seemed to have made up your mind, before radioing us.

[Radio cuts out for a moment and the zzzsk of static takes place] We are fair to everyone. Unless threatened,or disrespected. You come here and spend rumors as if it is useful currency? Then expect us to smile and be your friend. Perhaps it is you who owes apology?

• Emerald

*Luka sighs and pressed the transmit button*

'Why would I lie? What possible gain would it give myself and my men by lying to you now? I do not spread lies and rumours, I have told you nothing but the truth. I do however apologise if my tone came across as offensive, threatening or in any other ways disrespectful - but you must understand the nature of these alleged actions prompted my response.

Also this is not a matter of weakness, it is a matter of unity and the willingness to accept help even if it makes you appear weak. Strength is not the strength of yourself or your group, it is the strength of mind, the willingness to accept that we have a common enemy here, and unity if the first step to getting rid of them.'

*Sits down and accidentally turns on radio*

Siris don't waste your breath on these pigs, they wont be alive for much longer.

*realize he has radio activated and laughs*

*Laughs at the stupid "Captain" as he picks up his radio*

"Look at you CDF, "trying to help." You are begging for a friendship that obviously won't happen so that yourselves cannot get killed. You are too attached to the civilians at "The Resort", or more like the "CDF Cowaring FOB." You use those civilians to distract people from hurting you or trying to get you. You go out on a run and, what was it I heard, your sister got shot or injured or screwed up? Or did you? Ah probably both. As you spend your time "recovering" from your "wounds" and trying to make peace over a radio frequency, you should probably go to your men and get more organized if you want to deal with a common enemy that some how defeated your whole country when your army was plentiful and with extra support from the UN and such."

*After listening to the previous broadcasts Donny starts getting irritated with the bickering between people*

Right lads less of this bickering between everyone frankly i am getting tired of all of you, now whoever the guy is that is insulting the CDF take it to their frequency.

You seem to have a major issue with them and frankly that is your issue and nothing to do with us.

*Donny cuts off the broadcast and chucks his radio onto his sleeping bag*

*Picking up his radio while the rest of the Blackwood are conversing privately, he pushes the button to transmit*

"Of course, I haven't been with many of your men long, but I am led to believe they share the same hate *whispers, revenge...* that I have for the CDF. They, especially Yuri, have called the CDF scum and seem to hate them well more than me even. I just happened to hear Krachovil's *whispers, kill them....* shitty voice while I was on this transmission, trying to link up with some of your men, which I have. I would like to meet you personally as well, I do not know your... erhh... rank, shall I say, in the Militia. Your fellow Blackwood are good and they... we... are all working for the right cause.

• Emerald

*Laughs at the stupid "Captain" as he picks up his radio*

"Look at you CDF, "trying to help." You are begging for a friendship that obviously won't happen so that yourselves cannot get killed. You are too attached to the civilians at "The Resort", or more like the "CDF Cowaring FOB." You use those civilians to distract people from hurting you or trying to get you. You go out on a run and, what was it I heard, your sister got shot or injured or screwed up? Or did you? Ah probably both. As you spend your time "recovering" from your "wounds" and trying to make peace over a radio frequency, you should probably go to your men and get more organized if you want to deal with a common enemy that some how defeated your whole country when your army was plentiful and with extra support from the UN and such."

*Alexander thumbs the transmit key on his radio lightly before speaking, his tone is low, quiet... a menace about it hidden in the softly spoken words*

This is coming from a man who has deserted his nation back in two thousand and nine... what was it you said, you were a Marine, you deployed here behind the lines of combat and were left behind as MIA... or perhaps it was AWOL, who can tell with someone like you.

You have already betrayed your oath and your family, anyone who ever cared about you back home. What kind of a man, what kind of a human being can do that and still expect to be trusted.

What kind of man beats women and blames it on PTSD...

I ask you Blackwood, is this the kind of man you want to work with? A man who easily betrayed everything once before.

Oh and i will remind those out there calling us weak that we have fought for our nation, we still fight but now its for humanity. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness, it takes more strength to admit the need for help than to merely sit and waste away.

You may call us cowards, but we have seen more combat than many of you could dream of. We fought in two thousand and nine, against our own countrymen who killed entire villages of women and children, against the Russians who supported them. We recovered from that disaster, and in its wake comes this infection. Again we fought, we still fight and we have seen all we ever cared about taken before our eyes.

You men are not from this nation, and yet you seem to have formed an opinion of us from grounds that are completely unknown..

If anyone higher up in the Blackwood chain would like a word i offer my ear, beyond that i shall turn my head towards all the petty insults thrown towards us.

Oh and Deserter... we told you not to return and you did, be glad we spared you then, for next time our paths cross they will never cross again. By Jarilo i swear this to you.

*Alexanders thumb slowly slides off the transmit key as he finishes speaking*