Server time (UTC): 2022-10-07 03:21

Status report analysis and the current status of 0.53 + wipe

Mikachu

• MVP

WARNING LONG, DETAILED POST AHEAD

Its Wednesday, where is the 0.53 patch?

Short answer? Not ready yet. Long answer?

The important thing to remember to start is that 0.53 was never announced for today. Devs have said they are aiming for the end of January but they have never specified a date and delays and issues are always possible. With that said basically the current build of 0.53 needs more testing in a live environment. There are multiple significant engine and security changes involved in this patch as well as large map updates. These all effect performance and stability and need as much testing as possible. Sadly the experimental patch a week or so ago suffered from a shortage of testing time due to a hardware failure on the server itself.

Therefore they will be rolling out experimental builds and testing them on the now fixed server until there is one good enough for stable. These updates will be for the most part daily and the build can be selected and deployed at any time. We are not waiting for Wednesday anymore, we are waiting for it to be ready. It could be a Monday, a friday, or any other day. They have also stated that this process will take "a few days" so expect it next week sometime, or if we are very, very lucky, even earlier.

d4c3a54b19.png

What about the wipe?

As with the patch itself, a wipe was never confirmed except for vague "start of the year" comments. It is however now confirmed to come with the 0.53 update, but, only for public servers. DayZRP is not a public server and will not be effected by that wipe. We may yet wipe by our own choice but the official global wipe does not effect us. For clarification - when I say wipe I mean wipe. All loot, characters, vehicles, whatever. It will be like a brand new server.

So why is this status report so exciting?

There are multiple parts to this so I will break it down and give screenshots of each point I am discussing.

First off is there talk about 0.53 and its development. I have pretty much covered it already but you can see they give a short timeframe and explain about experimental builds etc.

2a6b875e01.png

Next up is the real good stuff. What exactly are we getting in 0.53? Cos trust me, it's worth waiting for. I will show you some proof here quickly

0cb5ac26f1.png

- but you can read for yourself here

Here is a list of every confirmed addition or change coming in 0.53. It's big. Be excited.

flare pistol and new bullet lighting

able to restrain with more items than just handcuffs

new plants to grow

M65 Field Jacket, quilted jacket and craftable clothing

being able to report hackers from IG

can now paint full ghillie suits

FN Trombone which you can break into parts to carry

new melee weapons (including a mace + Cleaver!)

new zombie types

new animal AI

Lots and lots of bug and crash fixes

Cooking

Armbands

Liquids independent of specific container types

Bear Traps

Admin logs

Upgrading of fireplaces all the way to the furnace

Proper consumption of fuel for fireplaces

Crafted leather clothing

Anti-duplication fixes

Anti-cheating fixes

A new island featuring the new prison complex

Changes to Skalisty Island

Vehicle Persistence

And so much more

That is pretty much it tbh. I just wanted to make a statement dispelling some rumours or misunderstandings and let everyone know what is going on. If you have a question about any of the 0.53 features listed or about the wipe/patch in any way please ask and I will do my best to answer you. If all else fails I'll moan at hicks until he posts :D

:redpanda2:

Well well well, this is looking good.

I can understand some of the sour moods towards the delay, but I'm not too upset about it. If this is all true, it's definitely worth the wait. I blows my mind how sour people get about this game where you have to click your way through a disclaimer to play the game.....

Can't have everything people, you went in knowing the status of this game.

• MVP

Curious about the bear traps. If you get caught in one and you need a tool (screwdriver, crowbar) to open it or you're stuck in it could be pretty interesting.

from devs -

We also started to prototype bear trap functionality, which if you are caught in it it will make you unable to move unless somebody freed you or you will have possibility to break free with a cost of a broken leg.

Curious about the bear traps. If you get caught in one and you need a tool (screwdriver, crowbar) to open it or you're stuck in it could be pretty interesting.

from devs -

We also started to prototype bear trap functionality, which if you are caught in it it will make you unable to move unless somebody freed you or you will have possibility to break free with a cost of a broken leg.

Thank you! Well that could lead to some very interesting situations indeed.

• MVP

"Able to report hackers from IG"

This piqued my interest, will this report be logged for our admins/staff to review, or will it be sent to Bohemia, or BattlEye?

• MVP

"Able to report hackers from IG"

This piqued my interest, will this report be logged for our admins/staff to review, or will it be sent to Bohemia, or BattlEye?

Not known sorry, It's worded like it goes straight to BIS and Valve

• Emerald

Interesting read, thanks!

One question/remark though with regards to the hive-wipe; Is it possible for the admin team to do a server wipe when for instance persistence is being re-enabled?

I for one would love to have persistence back on, but as long as it creates the good old every 15 minutes server crashes I'd rather wait till that is fixed.

• MVP

One question/remark though with regards to the hive-wipe; Is it possible for the admin team to do a server wipe when for instance persistence is being re-enabled?

I for one would love to have persistence back on, but as long as it creates the good old every 15 minutes server crashes I'd rather wait till that is fixed.

It is possible yes.

• Emerald

It is possible yes.

Excellent, thanks. Here's to hoping 0.54 fixes persistence :)

• Sapphire

Well, seeing as the wipe wouldn't affect us, could the updates be put in place without having to wipe the server? I would see no reason to wipe everything if it can be implemented with no problems in all honesty. All though I focus always heavily on role-play more than I do gear, it for some reason bothers me.

On the other note about persistence, I had never played the mod, but I do know it had the ability to allow you to make bases, camps, and everything else, but did it respawn loot? This is the only thing I would ever see a problem with persistence being enabled, as it kind of puts things out of balance in my opinion.

• MVP

Really, my top concern and #2 is a distant second:

Is BI giving the server admins the ability to see the server logs?

And if not, why not? I"m not seeing why this isn't divorced from the rest of the fixes.

Yes they are. Once patch hits we will have access to logs

No SVD :(

Soon

And if not, why not? I"m not seeing why this isn't divorced from the rest of the fixes.

Soon

Thanks for replying! But what I am getting at here is why tie logs to the patch? I was under the belief that what we did was being logged, just the admin rights to access the info was not extended to the admins. If logging is handled server side you don't need a patch for the thousands of end users, just the servers.

btw my frustration is with BI, not you guys. You are the reason I still play.

• MVP

Soon

Thanks for replying! But what I am getting at here is why tie logs to the patch? I was under the belief that what we did was being logged, just the admin rights to access the info was not extended to the admins. If logging is handled server side you don't need a patch for the thousands of end users, just the servers.

btw my frustration is with BI, not you guys. You are the reason I still play.

Ah!

The logs we will get are different, new logs which currently dont exist is why :)

sounds like a big update! cannot wait, dayz will be so much more fun now!

• MVP

Glad you made this. There seemed to be so many rumours and ideas going on around what the logs are and how big the delay is that some clarification was necessary.

• MVP

Do any news exist on the 12 hour timeout when a character dies and if it´s possible to alter for each servers own specific needs?

it's entirely optional. We won't be using it most likely

Do any news exist on the 12 hour timeout when a character dies and if it´s possible to alter for each servers own specific needs?

it's entirely optional. We won't be using it most likely

How low can you set the timer?