Server time (UTC): 2022-10-07 04:01

0.53 when?

Guest Roach

So I noticed again today, no 0.53 patch for DayZ. So no Logs today!

I understand it might simply be because it's not stable enough yet. But that means another week without logs or the other changes (Items/Fixes etc.). It's been 2 weeks that I expect "waking up" on the beach hehe but alas it does not come.

I feel like it really kills Tuesday nights real bad, lack of players (cause they think a wipe is coming) or the players that are on are all just about the gear. (Reference to my visit to Green Mountain last night. As soon as a persons enters the compound, no hello, how are you, just do you have this or that. All about the gear. Totally ruined it for me last night).

Anyone have any insight about when this patch might actually get released?

I know there's no news right now, but when you do get some, stop on by and let us know please!

Not sure, sadly. It only says it has been postponed. It is frustrating, but I prefer them not releasing it to them releasing it loaded with more bugs.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

How many times are they gonna keep delaying it?

They really need to pick up the pace with this development.

And before people start posting about how they spend their entire time developing clothes and new hats for the game, you can't expect the art team AKA the people that do the clothing and all that to do all the gritty coding to implement new game mechanics. They're the art team after all.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

If my sources are right, then BattleEye is currently turned off on all servers, which in turn is the result of the rampant hacking. I heard they were gonna turn BattleEye on in 0.53, but it seems like we need to wait for that once more

• Emerald

People who always complain : could we not complain every time a patch or something is delayed ?

It's DayZ, we all know now that nothing is certain, why debate on it so much ? Let the devs do there job, if they judge it was not the time to release 0.53, then there are very good reasons too it.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

People who always complain : could we not complain every time a patch or something is delayed ?

It's DayZ, we all know now that nothing is certain, why debate on it so much ? Let the devs do there job, if they judge it was not the time to release 0.53, then there are very good reasons too it.

True, after all we did click on I agree the thing on the main menu saying that this game is on alpha and nothing is set in stone.

If my sources are right, then BattleEye is currently turned off on all servers, which in turn is the result of the rampant hacking. I heard they were gonna turn BattleEye on in 0.53, but it seems like we need to wait for that once more

Why would they turn off Battleye if they're having hacker problems? If that really is true then that's stupid.

Not a complaint, a remark and observation ;) Also I'm asking when people think it might come out (it's what this is about really)

EDIT: I understand that might not be pointed at me. But just in case hehe ;)

I honestly think we have every reason to complain. They have sold sooooo many copies and the updates always gets delayed. We have all invested money in this game and I think we kind of have the right to complain.

It turned in to us never believing them when they announce a release date.

Well we better keep the hopes up, probably the best thing we can do.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

Why would they turn off Battleye if they're having hacker problems? If that really is true then that's stupid.

I told you I got from certain sources, idk if it's true or not, but I haven't seen battle eye kick or ban anybody yet except for losing connection and all that

• Emerald

Not a complaint, a remark and observation ;) Also I'm asking when people think it might come out (it's what this is about really)

EDIT: I understand that might not be pointed at me. But just in case hehe ;)

It was not ;)

I told you I got from certain sources, idk if it's true or not, but I haven't seen battle eye kick or ban anybody yet except for losing connection and all that

It isn't because Battleye is broke, it's because they haven't kept up with the new(?) hacking methods. Once they manage to detect them kinds of scripts many people will get banned.

Guest Doug Quade

I hear ya. I somehow stumbled across NWAF and ran into two groups, one of 4 people, on of 2. Got some help from one group, but they definitely were all about the gear. Wipe or not doesn't matter to me, Yushin will wake up on the beach, and continue his journey again :)

• Sapphire

It isn't because Battleye is broke, it's because they haven't kept up with the new(?) hacking methods. Once they manage to detect them kinds of scripts many people will get banned.

I believe it hasnt been updated like you said I think the plan is to keep inserting all the hacking methods they find into its code and once the update rolls out with the up to date battleye client it will just clean out all the hackers in one go before they get a chance to update their programs.

I believe it hasnt been updated like you said I think the plan is to keep inserting all the hacking methods they find into its code and once the update rolls out with the up to date battleye client it will just clean out all the hackers in one go before they get a chance to update their programs.

That is not a bad idea at all :) and I sure hope they do!

I don't understand why an hacker want to play in a private server like DayzRP. They also "waste" time to make an application, think about a background/lore etc to play as a hacker here....I don't get it O.o

I don't understand why an hacker want to play in a private server like DayzRP. They also "waste" time to make an application, think about a background/lore etc to play as a hacker here....I don't get it O.o

Yeah aside from wasting money for paid hacks and hack subscription and new CD keys, it appears they come waste hours of their time making up an application, perhaps even get rejected 2 times before coming in and get banned not too late after (some were caught).

• Sapphire

I personally do not understand why someone would go through all the trouble of getting whitelisted only to pull that kind of crap ?

They probably have too much free time haha :P

i am looking forward to this update i'm hoping they are gonna be working on vehicles abit more in the coming updates too so there is a more dynamic system (i.e: shoot out someones tyre and they have to find either a new wheel or use duct tape as a temporary fix on it) i think this kind of thing will give a more immersion