Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 01:05

H1Z1 better than DayZ Sa???

• Sapphire

I've saw some gameplay, some stuff, I don't really have an opinion on it. But like DeadKiller said,"P2W" I've heard that a lot. A lot.

• Sapphire

It's really not pay2win at the current moment.

you can call in airdrops and crates, but airdrops call in insane attention and if you are alone, you're barely going to make it out alive. Crates, okay those aren't fair because I don't even know what comes inside of one but for the rest, it's just loot to win. I spent 20 minutes scavenging, got myself full militairy gear (backpack, combat knife, motorcycle helmet, belt pouch, ar15 with rounds and hunting rifle with rounds). It's just skill and knowing where to go and where not to go.

• Sapphire

If you cant say which one is better than neither is better to you.

Its your own opinion none of us can tell you which is better we can just give our own opinions I personally prefer Day SA because I just do i like the clunky feel it has its an acquired taste though i will admit its not the best game when looking at it but servers like such make it more enjoyable I can easily admit I wouldnt play it if not for servers liek this because it is kinda bad at the moment.

H1Z1 to me looks like another cash cow game that is already confirmed pay to win and considering its by sony who could really use some extra money right now I dont have high hopes for that changing anytime soon its nothing new looks almost exactly the same as the WarZ and Miscreated.

also with any free to play game of this type I have always fear its also going to be rife with hackers too since they have nothing to lose other than access to a free to play.

Guest Generic Name

Right after the launch of the early access, they added in pay-to-win supply drops to H1Z1 with weapons and backpacks, something they had told many times they would never do. The only content that was supposed to be available for purchase was cosmetic changes, many who bought to get in then feel betrayed and I understand why. I won't support a game developer who lies to his fanbase and backstabs them like that.

[video=youtube]

Right after the launch of the early access, they added in pay-to-win supply drops to H1Z1 with weapons and backpacks, something they had told many times they would never do. The only content that was supposed to be available for purchase was cosmetic changes, many who bought to get in the feel betrayed and I understand why. I won't support a game developer who lies to his fanbase and backstabs them like that.

[video=youtube]

Thats true But it still has some Really nice stuff like the crafting system

In H1Z1 you can craft many stuff and you can built yourself a base in the Woods. But ye its pay2win. Dayz is currently a Center of Hackers in my opinion atleast in full public Servers. One of the reasons Why I want to join DayzRP. But Im Really sure that when Dayz is finished its gonna be just Really awesome.

H1Z1 definitely has WAY better gunplay, but I personally don't think you can compare the two. They're completely different games of a relatively similar genre.

It's like trying to compare Command and Conquer games to Homeworld and ask which is better

it doesnt have way better gunplay bro, what are you talking about ?

Yes...the gun play is better. You really can't argue with that IMO.

You can PREFER the DayZ gun play, but let's be honest. DayZ's gun mechanics are clunky and feel cumbersome. It adds a definite unique style to it which I love, I mean come on. I wouldn't be playing this game for over 500 hours if I didn't love the gun play. But at the end of the day, H1Z1's gun mechanics and gun play feels much smoother. If I had to make a scale and rate the two from 0 to x, that number being how many refrigerators I feel like are attached to my character, DayZ would get a 6.4, (all of them non energy efficient with NO ICE MACHINE) and H1Z1 would get a .3 (mini-beer fridge?)

Again, I'm sure we'll disagree, but I think this subject matter of gun mechanics/weapon mechanics can be looked at rather objectively in favor of H1Z1.

• Sapphire

You can PREFER the DayZ gun play, but let's be honest. DayZ's gun mechanics are clunky and feel cumbersome. It adds a definite unique style to it which I love, I mean come on. I wouldn't be playing this game for over 500 hours if I didn't love the gun play. But at the end of the day, H1Z1's gun mechanics and gun play feels much smoother. If I had to make a scale and rate the two from 0 to x, that number being how many refrigerators I feel like are attached to my character, DayZ would get a 6.4, (all of them non energy efficient with NO ICE MACHINE) and H1Z1 would get a .3 (mini-beer fridge?)

Again, I'm sure we'll disagree, but I think this subject matter of gun mechanics/weapon mechanics can be looked at rather objectively in favor of H1Z1.

Objectively sure, H1Z1 might feel easier and simpler because of the click button and take out weapon instantly, but there's no way to either make your gun (if even a little) distinguished from the others. It's just there to be there and you find them all over the place. In DayZ sure you can find weapons easy as well but that doesnt make you the king of the whole world, In H1Z1 having a gun is like getting a rocket launcher to fight a small jeep. Let alone that the switching to guns sometimes glitches your system and always makes you pull out a melee weapon (Had that like 2 times and had to log out because of it)

And in H1Z1 there's really no 'mechanic' to the weapons. You find bullets and you don't even need a magazine you just randomly ft them into the weapon. It might be smoother but it's not better imo. But that's subjectively speaking ofcourse.

Objectively sure, H1Z1 might feel easier and simpler because of the click button and take out weapon instantly, but there's no way to either make your gun (if even a little) distinguished from the others. It's just there to be there and you find them all over the place. In DayZ sure you can find weapons easy as well but that doesnt make you the king of the whole world, In H1Z1 having a gun is like getting a rocket launcher to fight a small jeep. Let alone that the switching to guns sometimes glitches your system and always makes you pull out a melee weapon (Had that like 2 times and had to log out because of it)

And in H1Z1 there's really no 'mechanic' to the weapons. You find bullets and you don't even need a magazine you just randomly ft them into the weapon. It might be smoother but it's not better imo. But that's subjectively speaking ofcourse.

Since when does the uniquity of your weapon have ANYTHING to do with the mechanics of gun play? Or how bullets do or do not fit into certain guns.

I think you misunderstand what I am talking about. I am not referring to odds and ends FEATURES of each game, I am merely denoting the fact that the action of turning, moving, shooting, aiming, etc, in H1Z1, is definitely more fluid and better functioning than DayZ.

Those are mechanics. Not how a gun looks, not what different kind of ammo you can put in a gun, etc.

And don't you think the ability to take your weapon out when you need it is, I don't know, like THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER IN A FPS? lol xD come on my good man!

H1Z1 is not that kind of P2W as people say. Sure, you can buy a crate, but

The items are random

The crate is random

The drop location is random

The loot is open to everyone

That means even if you buy a crate, it can drop anywhere and be taken by anyone that has a key. You cannot go online and buy a gun and have it forever.

H1Z1 is very empty and it has no real content for the moment. Comparing it to DayZ is like comparing Super Mario to Crysis. It´s been out what..a week..in early Alpha. DayZ is also in Alpha, but they are both on different engines. H1Z1 however has the upper hand in handling 150-200 players / server without crashing thanks to just that.

What both games are suffering from is a lack of everyday content. It´s gear and then what the gamers make of it. These games need a bit of a boost in the terms of more AI and hostile environment. H1Z1 has wildlife with bears and wolfs etc, but sure they are not working as they should right now. Still, it´s a bit in the right direction at least.

From what I've seen the Zombies are "just there" during the day, they react only at night so during the day you're pretty much safe from them.

IMO the fact that it's a SONY game makes me unneasy, I saw how they treated their f2p games and it's not glorious. Also the fact that it's f2p makes it easier to access, thus increasing the number of annoying people.

• Legend

Anything Sony touches is forever tainted. No thank you.

I honestly don't see how this is even a question, in my opinion H1Z1 looks like shit and feels like shit, they charge people for an alpha of a game that's going to be free, they prided them selfs for not being p2w but they are.

If this wasn't Sony everyone would agree that this is that WarZ bullshit all over again, just because it's a major studio behind it doesn't mean that people should eat the shit they dish out.

• Emerald

Can't really compare Dayz with H1Z1. Maybe H1Z1 and 7 days to die but still rather play 7 days until H1Z1 gets more content down the road.

Ye dayz has better graphics and its not pay2win But seriously What about the bloody Hackers. This is the only Problem i have with dayz in the moment which pisses me off.

H1Z1 is built on the same engine as Planetside, and the amount of cheaters compared to DayZ is said to be very different. I saw one in a FrankieonPC video, but he messed up by trolling Frankie and glitched himself in the server just at his side.

Every game will have cheaters, but it depends on the programming and what software you run it on. Planetside is said to be very clean considering the amount of players on the server, so we just have to wait and see if it stays true on this as well.