Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 18:02

Is DayZ SA Always Offline On Wednesdays (Beta)?

So I just got whitelisted for DayZ SA a few hours ago. I was able to play for around 5 mins a few hours ago, then the server rebooted. Now, a few hours laters, I can't help but notice that the servers have been offline for quite awhile. And then I noticed that no public servers are showing up in my server list, since it's Wednesday and that is maintenance day. So the question I'm asking is, is DayZRP SA offline all day on Wednesdays?

Thanks in advance!

• Sapphire

Not all day. Just for a few hours.

Morning survivors. Please be advised, Stable branch servers will be down due to 3 hour maintenance every wednesday at 08:00 (GMT + 01:00).

• MVP

Not all day no, usually only 2-4 hours. However today is possibly patch day, if it is then expect them to be offline for a long time, but come back up with a shiny new patch :)

Wow, thanks for the lightning fast reponse time. Do I need to update to the Unstable branch to play on Wednesdays? I usually do, but that is for other public servers that don't require whitelisting. I keep 2 copies of the DayZ folder in my SteamApps folder, one for stable, the other for unstable, so I dont constantly have to download on Wednesdays, instead just rename both folders. I'm on a limited bandwidth connection.

• Titanium

/moved to Questions

Wow, thanks for the lightning fast reponse time. Do I need to update to the Unstable branch to play on Wednesdays? I usually do, but that is for other public servers that don't require whitelisting. I keep 2 copies of the DayZ folder in my SteamApps folder, one for stable, the other for unstable, so I dont constantly have to download on Wednesdays, instead just rename both folders. I'm on a limited bandwidth connection.

I guess you can do that, if you have 2 copies ;)

• Legend

I believe Experimental servers are not public, they are hosted by devs/BiS or whatever so DayZRP cannot have those servers.

@ Gina: If experimental are not public then why am I always able to play on them every Wednesday? I have no password, no invite, no whitelisting, yet I can consistently connecting to them. To me, a server that doesn't have any of that is in my definition public, albeit still highly experimental.

• Legend

With 'public' I meant that they are not rentable. Of course everyone who has installed Experimental patch are able to play there :)

• MVP

@ b0byx: Yes, I know, I can't play on other public hives on Wednesday unless I'm using the Unstable branch. What I'm really asking is, does DayZRP's SA only use the Stable branch, or do they jump to Unstable on Wednesdays like all the other servers?

We only use stable branch - private servers don't have access to experimental :)