Server time (UTC): 2022-09-26 12:59

Armbands are confirmed...

• Sapphire

Sounds cool. Represent!

• Emerald

Squads 4 lyfe now we can look fashionable together

Wait, what? Armbands? For what? Is this some type of group designation device? If so, I thought this was a survival game, not a "squad based" game.

probably to identify people better.

there are so many few things that can signify groups in this game(red berets was one).

so like, if the "purple armband people" are robbing everyone, we know who to look out for.

idk, makes sense to me. especially if you are a huge survivor group, can wear armbands incase you're lootin' and see someone else with the same band, you can identify them.

Wait, what? Armbands? For what? Is this some type of group designation device? If so, I thought this was a survival game, not a "squad based" game.

A big part of surviving the zombie apocalypse is to band to together. armband together. squaaaad

• Sapphire

It is a survival game. Do you really think that you can survive all alone? Having something like this will help those in groups identify members of their group! So cool!

Guest killsumbud

Wait, what? Armbands? For what? Is this some time a group designation device? If so, I thought this was a survival game, not a "squad based" game.

pretty sure you can tuck a Rasputin kvass under it, so not a terrible thing. Plus you know, we can represent.

♪ colors, colors, colors ♪

06_icet.jpg?enlarge=false&matte=true&matteColor=black&quality=0.85

It is a survival game. Do you really think that you can survive all alone? Having something like this will help those in groups identify members of their group! So cool!

Probably alot more work, but better customization of faces would be more realistic. I recognize his face, not he has a certain color armband.

Yeah, I can recognize all my members without a silly armbands. Sight and sound go a long way. I guess it is because my members aren't full decked out in straw suits, they all look unique.

• Sapphire

Yeah, I can recognize all my members without a silly armbands. Sight and sound go a long way. I guess it is because my members aren't full decked out in straw suits, they all look unique.

Probably be like UN type armbands. Im pretty sure they wear that stuff irl.

Probably be like UN type armbands. Im pretty sure they wear that stuff irl.

I mean if an armband provides an extra inventory space, i'll take it

• Sapphire

Good, maybe the squads can stop claiming all the hats in game. It is only safe to wear a construction hat or bike helmet these days right? Without being confused with "One of them!" :)

Seriously though, It will be a good addition.

I know... Especially the berets.

• Emerald

A big part of surviving the zombie apocalypse is to band to together. armband together. squaaaad

awww-yeah.jpg

This is exciting! I'm glad we will have a better way to identify other players, and groups. Hopefully they will have a plethora of colors and styles, especially the Russian Red star! I'm curious to see the spawn rates of these items and how well we will be able to see them while scouting.

Oh great, the "survival game doesn't need squads" people are here. Seriously, this game is 100 times better with friends, you should try it one time.

Overall, I personally won't use an armband on RP servers, but on public it would be useful

• MVP

Im not sure I get it. Armbands as a means to identify people and groups? What makes the armbands any different from the countless different clothing and uniform variations that are possible? Have I missed something here? Do they work like the arma2 XML's or something?

I suppose there's nothing practicly wrong with adding them, the more stuff the better, but im not sure I see it as some great revolution to identifying people.

• Sapphire

I think they are supposed to be ID bands, yes, and they were around before Nazis started using them.

I like the idea, myself. Yeah, there are outfit variations, but there are only so many you can have. Uniforms aren't enough to ID people, really, unless BI releases a lot more patterns...not that they couldn't do that, of course. There are at least a few hundred different camouflage patterns in the world, after all.

My big question at this point is are they going to be craftable or pre made…I'm sorta hoping they are craftable. I'm always up for new clothing options but yeah….there are plenty of ways currently to ID people in game.

Does anyone know whether the devs ever mentioned their wallet/ID idea again? I'd like that much more then an armband ever though its less of a visual ID.

• MVP

Am I the only person who word associates "armband" with "Nazi"?

Yes you are.

Also the idea is that they come in different colours and you and your friends can wear the same colour to at a glance know if someone is your group or not.

It also provides great opportunities for infiltrating a goup. You could wear their armband colour and pretend to be a member whilst gathering information.

As yes, as someone said - they have other RP purposes too, black bands for fallen friends, white bands for surrendering etc