Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 16:46

The Gunman With A Skull Face

• Emerald

[mp3]http://puu.sh/f7YHz/1362c7d140.mp3[/mp3]

*Blowing across the long abandoned roads of Chernarus is a newspaper printed in Russian on one side, and English on the next. On the back of the page is a picture of a young man, dirty-blonde curly surfer hair and blue eyes who looks to be between the age of 17-20.*

DANGEROUS: Tate Hollows, 19

05/24/14 - The alleged "Witherbark High School Shooter", Tate Hollows, was discovered to be missing from his room Sunday night at Crawford Sanitarium, one of California's most secure Mental Institutions used to house some of the most criminally insane people within the Golden State. His cell door was left ajar, and went unnoticed during the late night patrol. He had used the stuffing in his mattress to stuff the locking mechanism while it was open, to prevent the 4-inch steel and padded door from closing completely. At approximately 12:03 A.M., he is seen from security cameras opening his cell door and creeping out and down a long, narrow hallway where he waited in the corner for the right opportunity to sneak around patrolling Security personnel. He took a stair case down 5 flight of stairs to the ground level, where at 12:35 A.M. he was seen pouncing on an unsuspecting nurse and beating her to a pulp while she gurgled for help. 12:56 A.M. was the last encounter with the cameras he had before completely disappearing off the Sanitarium's grounds.

According to Dr. Smith, Mr. Hollows's personal psychiatrist, it is believed that he scaled the walls on the garden grounds to escape onto a busy road, where he may have hailed a taxi. Dr. Smith states that," Tate is in a completely delusional state of mind. He thinks the victims of Witherbark High School are following him, to and I quote from Tate's own words,' Seek revenge for having their lives cut short.' He is extremely dangerous, and will more than likely not hesitate to kill again. It is urged that everyone lock their doors at night, and for anyone who can provide information on Mr. Hollows's whereabouts to step forward and dial 9-1-1."  

*On Wednesday, January 16th of 2013, a 9-1-1 call was made from the receptionists' desk at Witherbark High School, located just outside San Diego, CA. The receptionist, whom name will not be released on the family's request, sounded frantic as she spoke to the emergency call operator.*

The Call

Receptionist: "OH MY GOD, OH MY *bzzt*! *Censure* a gunman here! There's a GUNMAN HERE! Please, help! There is a lot of shots coming from the cafeteria, and som---"

9-1-1 Operator: "Ma'am... Ma--Ma'am, I'm going to need you to take a deep breath. I have officers on the way, so please calm down. I need you to go and take cover somewhere, and take anyone you can find with you. Do not open the doors to any room you may lock yourself into until an officer kicks it in. Do you understand me, ma'am? We have officers en--."

Receptionist: ".... Oh my god, please, no baby! Pleas--".

Hollows: "Peak-a-boo, bitch." *A loud BANG echoes through the phone, one that is loud enough to leave a persistent ringing in the emergency call operator's ear. There is a moment of silence before his voice is picked up again.*

Hollows: "There's many more where that came from..." *On the school survalence camera, Tate is seen muting the phone and turning on the school's PA system.* "Mhmm... Ladies and gentlemen... This is Officer Deryick of the Witherbark Police Department. The suspect has been apprehended. Please gather around the commons for an emergency medical evaluation and evacuation." *Tate is seen giving the camera a devilish grin following the bird before ducking underneath the receptionist desk, opening up the little black duffle bag he had carried with him.*

*After a few minutes, a majority of the student and faculty population was present in the commons. Most were in tears and huddled with their friends, but there were the few whom started to fight among themselves out of fear. The chatter suddenly cut out completely as one of the audio-wires to the cameras were cut. Tate is then seen emerging from underneath the receptionist's desk, wearing a charcoal trench coat and skeletal face-paint. In each of his hands are KGP-9 sub-machine guns with extended clips jammed in the butts of the weapons. He is seen shouting at the people in the commons before leveling out his aim and opening fire, laughing as people dropped dead while trying to flee. Once he was out of ammunition, he threw both weapons down and pulled a flash-bang out from his pocket, lobbing it into the crowd rushing out of the emergency exit before taking his leave out an unoccupied side door, only to be approached by members of the San Diego SWAT Team. The outside camera shows Tate being carried away to the SWAT vehicle in cuffs by six men before the footage cuts out.*

Mr. Hollows was found innocent for the murder of 22 of his classmates and teachers by reason of insanity, and sentenced to life imprisonment at Crawford Sanitarium six months later, where he remained for two solid years until his Sunday night escape feat. His current location is unknown; however, he does have relatives in Aspen -Colorado, Berlin -Germany, Moscow -Russia and Stary Sobor -Chernarus.

Article written by Vladimir Kashakov (Chern) and James F. Johnson (USA).

((Disclaimer: The name of the high-school and Tate are of pure fiction. Any individuals or locations with these name(s) are purely coincidental.

Some OOC information about Tate, he arrived to Chernarus by boat from China after stowawaying on several boats that traveled through the Pacific from California. I am ICly developing him as I RP, and can't wait to see where he ends up in 6 months. I can hope it isn't the ground!

Thanks for taking the time to read, also. I'd like some feedback, if possible!))

• Emerald

If he has a clown mask then how can the camera pick up on him grinning at it xD jk man gr8 story i rate 8/8 gr8 b8.

• MVP

Heh, this is pure gold. I love it. <3

• Legend

Yay, more batshit crazy people. Fun, fun, fun.

Seriously though, Chernarus is like some kind of crazy magnet these days. Everybody wants to do it. You strike me as a cut above though. I post this due to my faith that a word to the wise is enough. If you can bring this off, please do it. Could be gold. If you're uncertain though, please think twice.

A boat from China? What did it traverse the China Sea, Indian Ocean, Red Sea, through the Suez Canal, up the Mediterranean, through the Aegean and Sea of Marmara past Istanbul, into the Black Sea and finally into the Green Sea?

That's frankly an unbelievable journey, considering he took a boat from California to China in the first place.

I'd also like to reiterate what Sin said. Be VERY careful about how you RP someone who murdered 22 innocent kids. For perspective, do background reading not only on the Columbine and Sandy Hook shooters, but also on the victims. RP of this type can quickly become extremely unsettling for even people of normal constitution. You need to think long and hard about this before you take it in game.

• Legend

Specifically, the way I envision this being something interesting, is that the character is now, if not remorseful, terrified of the 'ghosts' haunting him, and reluctant to kill again for fear of adding to their numbers. Serve with a thick gravy of paranoia and either youthful hostility or child-like repentance (or both at various times) and you've got a winner.

We've all seen the legions of stone-cold, badass mass murderers. Boring, boring, BORING. Oh, and stupid and unimaginative. And terrible to role play with. Please be original. Please.

• Emerald

What I'm working on. Also, probably didn't clarify as good as I should have. He took several boats before landing in Chern. Cali to Hawaii, Hawaii to IndoIndonesia, Indonesia to China, China cross country to Russia through busses, and finally another boat from Russia to Cherno. Not as unrealistic as it seems, and he avoided major cities and towns to slip by auauthorities.

What I'm working on. Also, probably didn't clarify as good as I should have. He took several boats before landing in Chern. Cali to Hawaii, Hawaii to IndoIndonesia, Indonesia to China, China cross country to Russia through busses, and finally another boat from Russia to Cherno. Not as unrealistic as it seems, and he avoided major cities and towns to slip by auauthorities.

The first draft of China to Chernarus by boat was unrealistic, your revised overland travel story is still extremely unlikely. You actually don't need to take a boat from Russia to Chernarus, they share a border. Also plan this trip to take upwards of a year if not longer, as you're literally crossing all of Asia while avoiding major cities and towns.

Making your way as a fugitive across two gigantic nations unfriendly towards Americans without speaking the languages, without money for bribes, without a passport, and while being insane seems implausible. He'd stick out like a sore thumb everywhere he goes. It's literally possible, but you're in the realm of super soldiers or the extremely lucky now. Assuming you stick with this story, your character's journey to Chernarus would be an epic rivaling the Iliad. And if you do stay with this story, I think you should write about the journey in detail.

• Sapphire

In a world where Tate Hallows and Morde Harlequin team up to make the greatest duo in all of DayZRP history...

• Sapphire

Y'all need Muhammad.

• MVP

I suddenly remember Season 1 of American Horror Story.

If that was your inspiration, you rock.

If not? You still rock. :P

• Emerald

The name," Tate," was borrowed from the Tate in AHS, yes. But the school shooter was something I was into trying out long before I knew of AHS. Either way, I'l flattered you enjoy the story. I'm eager to wright more about Tate's history and adventures as I go along. Just have some writer's block ATM.

• MVP

Just have some writer's block ATM.

God, me too.