Server time (UTC): 2021-10-18 09:53

Someone got ACRE mod to work on dayz?

Posted 23 December 2012 - 04:22 AM

I have been running ACRE on my server for the past few days now, implementing it was a pain in the ass, but I have radios spawning in chopper crashes, and it works flawlessly

People have been raving about how great the experience is with radios

Currently players spawn with a 343. [i may have them spawn in residential areas if I can add a spawn without editing the mod)

148's 117's and 152's are in the chopper crash spawns with a probability of 0.8

Also, some vehicles such as choppers and military transport vehicles have radio racks, each rack carries a 117, which seem to be getting quite a bit of use.

here is some info on the server if anyone is interested: (link removed by ScarFace7454)

currently these are the mods that we have chosen to use: @CBA_OA;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE;@DayZ;@stmovement;@st_acre_volume;@rMod;@JSRS

We recently started working on implementing ACE, I've also set a road map for including ACE wounds and intertwining the blood system into it. [it's going be interesting with stamina, and the ability to overdose on morphine and epi, although repacking a version of the DayZ mod to support ace may not be completely worth while.]

As far as I can tell having ACRE has greatly increased teamwork, people now make it a point to make contact with others, they end up forming groups as opposed to foolishly killing each other. What is also quite interesting is the meta game that is now involved, people can spy on radios if they catch chatter on a frequency this makes ComSec almost crucial.[@st_acre_volume, is nice as it allows you to whisper when in close quarters situations, and allows you to shout if you need to yell to someone across the road] I will be implementing ACRE's auto join teamspeak script [which is experimental] but I feel it may not be too important to focus on.

This may also help out anyone who is interested in doing the same:

http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/wiki/Class_Names_and_API

Edited by crashtheface, 23 December 2012 - 04:34 AM.

(resource: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23-acre-support/page__st__100#entry1069124)

I also found a youtube video of acre in action but its advertises another server so go find it!

wasnt sure if anyone would find this relevant....

• MVP

We had ACRE working pretty much the first day we implemented it. We decided not to include it however for a few reasons:

1. Everybody on the server would have to be in the same TS Server (It doesn't support cross-server comms).

2. We would have to require everybody who was playing to be on the TS Server.

3. We'd have to remove anybody who wasn't playing on the TS Server. They can still communicate to people who are in the game (and help others that don't have the proper radios/are too far away).

4. We'd have to make a very extensive manual detailing how to install ACRE properly on TS (which is a huge pain and is different for many people).

5. The ACRE plugin has issues at times and will randomly crash players if there is another player in the server that doesn't have ACRE installed.

6. Everybody would have to be in the same TS channel in order for it to work. I've heard it would work with different TS channels, but we were never able to get it to work reliably.

7. Our TS currently wouldn't support the amount of players that would be playing on the server at once.

8. People who are playing but don't have ACRE installed wouldn't be able to hear others who do, and vice-versa.

It is a really cool mod, and I wish we could actually support it, but it just isn't feasible to do.

The fact that we didn't add it in wasn't because we couldn't get it to work. It just isn't possible with what we have and how large the community is.