Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 19:02

This seems a bit unfair....

Ltcoolio1

Im normally not a complainer, but...

SO I just Got my Whitelist Application back and this is what it said:

Your application has been rejected because of the following reason:

"This sentence from your whitelist is incorrect "Additionally if you are within 500m of the Initiation OR are involved with one of the parties" its not either or, both criteria have to be met to allow group/shared KOS"

I feel a bit cheated knowing that One word caused my ENTIRE application to be disregarded. I mean maybe rather than declining it over something simple, and making me wait 24 hours AND in the queue to retry (and this IS my last try), There should be someway for me and others to fix simple, tiny little mistakes like these.

I know a lot of people are gonna argue that If I were to get accepted with that mistake, I would be running into a lot of robberies and probably KOSing a lot of people w/o realizing my mistake.

I'm not saying I deserve a whitelist, but maybe a (slightly) more lenient system for things like this could possibly be introduced, but again, I don't really expect that because I'm just one guy and It doesn't seem like a lot of other people have had this happen to them

If anybody wants to See the NLR/KOS section of my application, Ill have it below.

NLR is an acronym for New Life Rule. Basically if you get killed in combat, by zombies, or by anything in general. When you die you are forbidden to return to your place of death to loot your body, or do anything that relates to something prior to your death. You must maintain a 1 kilometer from the death site, and have to wait 90 minutes to go back to the body site. Also you cannot tamper anybody else who was involved body within that time period as well. All grudges, and memory of people you met (with the exception of clan mates) are lost and you cannot revert to them unless you re-meet them. For example, if you get killed by somebody for shooting at them, or something like that, you cannot use your past life information and immediately call out that player for what he did to you.

KOS is an acronym for Killing On Sight. Unlike traditional DayZ, you cannot run around and shoot everybody you see like crazy. You need a valid Reason to kill people in DayzRP. When you’re robbing or stealing equipment from another player it is NOT a valid reason to kill them. After you rob somebody you have to leave them with items that are essential for living, such as food and a drink, and you have to keep them safe from zombies. The goal is to give them a realistic chance of survival. You or your group are only allowed to kill or harm them if they do not comply with your demands or they pose a threat to you. Furthermore, If you happen to get robbed and live through it, you have a 2 hour period which a revenge action may be taken against your robbers. anything more than two hours is not permitted. An example of a proper robbing situation is in game would be making contact with the player(s) you’re going to rob, verifying they are aware of what is going on, proceeding to give them instructions like “put your hands up, put down your weapons, and your backpacks”, and then taking what you wish. At this time if they pose a threat such as going for their weapon, you are allowed to injure them. But if the situation gets too out of hand (they break free and charge you as an example) that is the only valid time you are permitted to kill them. Additionally if you are within 500m of the Initiation OR are involved with one of the parties, you are allowed to KoS, but these are the only exceptions to Kos Rule.

• Emerald

Im normally not a complainer, but...

SO I just Got my Whitelist Application back and this is what it said:

Your application has been rejected because of the following reason:

"This sentence from your whitelist is incorrect "Additionally if you are within 500m of the Initiation OR are involved with one of the parties" its not either or, both criteria have to be met to allow group/shared KOS"

I feel a bit cheated knowing that One word caused my ENTIRE application to be disregarded. I mean maybe rather than declining it over something simple, and making me wait 24 hours AND in the queue to retry (and this IS my last try), There should be someway for me and others to fix simple, tiny little mistakes like these.

I know a lot of people are gonna argue that If I were to get accepted with that mistake, I would be running into a lot of robberies and probably KOSing a lot of people w/o realizing my mistake.

I'm not saying I deserve a whitelist, but maybe a (slightly) more lenient system for things like this could possibly be introduced, but again, I don't really expect that because I'm just one guy and It doesn't seem like a lot of other people have had this happen to them

If anybody wants to See the NLR/KOS section of my application, Ill have it below.

NLR is an acronym for New Life Rule. Basically if you get killed in combat, by zombies, or by anything in general. When you die you are forbidden to return to your place of death to loot your body, or do anything that relates to something prior to your death. You must maintain a 1 kilometer from the death site, and have to wait 90 minutes to go back to the body site. Also you cannot tamper anybody else who was involved body within that time period as well. All grudges, and memory of people you met (with the exception of clan mates) are lost and you cannot revert to them unless you re-meet them. For example, if you get killed by somebody for shooting at them, or something like that, you cannot use your past life information and immediately call out that player for what he did to you.

KOS is an acronym for Killing On Sight. Unlike traditional DayZ, you cannot run around and shoot everybody you see like crazy. You need a valid Reason to kill people in DayzRP. When you’re robbing or stealing equipment from another player it is NOT a valid reason to kill them. After you rob somebody you have to leave them with items that are essential for living, such as food and a drink, and you have to keep them safe from zombies. The goal is to give them a realistic chance of survival. You or your group are only allowed to kill or harm them if they do not comply with your demands or they pose a threat to you. Furthermore, If you happen to get robbed and live through it, you have a 2 hour period which a revenge action may be taken against your robbers. anything more than two hours is not permitted. An example of a proper robbing situation is in game would be making contact with the player(s) you’re going to rob, verifying they are aware of what is going on, proceeding to give them instructions like “put your hands up, put down your weapons, and your backpacks”, and then taking what you wish. At this time if they pose a threat such as going for their weapon, you are allowed to injure them. But if the situation gets too out of hand (they break free and charge you as an example) that is the only valid time you are permitted to kill them. Additionally if you are within 500m of the Initiation OR are involved with one of the parties, you are allowed to KoS, but these are the only exceptions to Kos Rule.

If that is the only reason you got rejected just make the neccessary changes and be done with it. Yes its only one word, but most people can see that and the rule will have a completely different meaning then what it actually means. The goal when reviewing whitelist applications is to see if you have a COMPLETE understanding of our rules, and that there is no chance that any of them our misunderstood...hope everything works out for you and good luck:)

• Legend

Well, to be fair, this little word changes the whole rule and is therefore incorrect. I would have rejected you aswell.

• Emerald

The above statements are sufficient enough to answer your questions...

/solving

My first app was rejected on something similar, I wasn't specific enough with one part of a rule. I changed it and was accepted shortly after. I know it is frustrating to have to wait longer, and a little nerve wrecking to know this will be your last attempt to apply. You have 24 hours before you can apply again, so use this time to make sure every single part of the rules are covered in your application. Don't rush it, to avoid letting a typo keep you out of such a great community. If this is where you want to be, then take the time to make sure all of your bases are covered in this last app.

Good Luck! I hope it all works out for you in the end.