Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 17:31

Flashbang

Me and my friend "Naz" are having a dispute on how to properly use my flashbang grenade in the case of a robbery, on either side, if we were to be a part of one. Could an experienced DayZRP member please clarify how one should go about using the flashbang grenade in an encounter of this sort?

• Emerald

If you are initiated on, use it as you see fit. If you are going to start the hostilities, I'd initiate first, and then throw it.

• Emerald

Yeah.

To act with hostility upon ANY character you must first initiate. If there isn't an initiation, it'll become a invalid initiation and any additional penalties will stick after that. So if you kill someone in the process, you'll also get tacked with KoS/RDM.

• Sapphire

From what I've heard. There is a 50 meter radius when it detonates. So it might not be ideal in a robbery situation. It also depends where you are also. So there might be people around the area who aren't involved etc.

• Legend

I asked the same question not to long ago. You have to initiate or be initiated on before you can use it. for example lets say you decided to rob a group of people on the first floor of a fire station. You would have to initiate and then wait to see if they have complied before throwing the grenade. If your the one being robbed however you would be able to use it whenever you feel like you could escape from said situation. Are you happy with the answers you have received?

• Emerald

To add to Archy above. One of the other reason's this was decided is that there has been cases of flashbangs if close enough actually killing players rather than just stunning their character

• Sapphire

To add to Archy above. One of the other reason's this was decided is that there has been cases of flashbangs if close enough actually killing players rather than just stunning their character

Pretty sure that's a glitch. Have the DayZ devs been informed/have they mentioned or responded to it?

Anyways, if it no longer can kill, I'd think we could change it to be a valid 'surprise' tactic to stun your targets and initiate while rushing in, very much like IRL. Up to the staff to decide, though.

As far as if you have KoS rights on a group and want to take them out quick and clean, use it. They can't do shit when stunned, far as I know, except spray blindly and that'd be bad for them more than you.

• Legend

Answer: You have to initiate or be initiated on before you can use a flashbang.

If you have anymore questions feel free to go to the help desk, make another thread or pm a member of staff.

/Solved