Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 02:20

Hacker KoS

JustinTime

• Emerald

I was killed last night at green mountain compound by posabley a hacker, at very least it was a KoS. I don't know who it was, just letting every one know to be careful around there. It happen around 2am EST just before the restart.

• Emerald

Yes, no gun shot. Just black screen and you are dead.

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I'm new here, and I was just curious how prominent these "hackers" are in these servers. I prefer the term "script kiddies" because they aren't really hacking, just running scripts which change how the server views their character, but that's not important. I was hoping in a community such as this that hackers weren't going to be a problem, but seeing your post made me question it. So, I guess my question is how often do you see hackers in game, and also how does it affect the RP of the characters affected?

• Titanium

If you have names and evidence feel free to make a report discussion.

There is definitely something fishy going on here. It happened to my friend three times last night and me once a few days ago (

for those who haven't seen it) Not kills but broken legs.

At first I thought it was was the 2nd floor glitch as it happened to me on a raised platform but the times it happened to my friend he was on solid ground. As you will see in my video I am sat still for a good 10 seconds before it happens which for me rules out a glitch (from experience it's usually quite immediate). Call me paranoid and maybe I am but my theory is whoever doing it has moved from kills to cripples in anticipation of logs being implemented. I hope the logs record damage also!

There is definitely something fishy going on here. It happened to my friend three times last night and me once a few days ago (

At first I thought it was was the 2nd floor glitch as it happened to me on a raised platform but the times it happened to my friend he was on solid ground. As you will see in my video I am sat still for a good 10 seconds before it happens which for me rules out a glitch (from experience it's usually quite immediate). Call me paranoid and maybe I am but my theory is whoever doing it has moved from kills to cripples in anticipation of logs being implemented. I hope the logs record damage also!

Yup .53 logs to include

•Player X (w/Steam 64 ID) damaged Player Y (w/Steam 64 ID)

does anyone know what hackers get out of ruining the game for the rest of us? it's like they just don't want people to have fun :/ i have all but given up playing on the normal servers now because of there blatent disrespect for others! The dayz dev team should really work on that before making more items in game! anyone else's thoughts

• Emerald

Yes I can not wait for that to be up and running.

No, its a glitch. I am sure (okay...to 90%) its a Glitch. It happend to me too when I started eating/drinking. I does not happen instantly but happens when you sit down and/or eat/drink.

I dont think it was a hacker in that video

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I'm new here, and I was just curious how prominent these "hackers" are in these servers. I prefer the term "script kiddies" because they aren't really hacking, just running scripts which change how the server views their character, but that's not important. I was hoping in a community such as this that hackers weren't going to be a problem, but seeing your post made me question it. So, I guess my question is how often do you see hackers in game, and also how does it affect the RP of the characters affected?

Cheaters were never really a problem when it comes to scripting on this server, sure there has been people to do it but they often and swiftly get caught. DayZ SA has issues at the moment since there is no logs or real tools to track these things down so there is bound to be a few douche bags out there roaming, don't let it discourage you.

It could be that your boots became ruined, if they do they can(or always will?) explode, ruining your pants, break your legs, and ruin everything in your pants. It looks like that is what happened as rubber boots seem to wear out really fast, and your items got all ruined.

What happened to your pants and items within being completely ruined happened exactly like what happened to me, since then I have paid close attention to my footwear and it hasn't happened again since.