Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 16:37

Ekberg Bartering [Archive me]

• Emerald

s8zcZGI.png

Bartering is an ingenious method of exchange; A system where goods or services are exchanged directly for other goods or services, negotiable in terms of mutually perceived value. And with the lack of cash moving around Chernarus as of this moment, bartering is the main method of exchange. Then it just makes sense that we, too, should trade what we don't need for things we do need.

Just another of the many ways to attempt outliving this thing, right?

DghKmlv.png

Daniel and Mark Ekberg- To the average person, just two siblings. Extraordinarily close, even for family, but that made sense to most who knew them. Their father disappeared when they were young, leaving them to be raised by a single mother. The mother was sickly and died when they were nearing their teenage years.

Much to everyone's surprise, Daniel and Mark turned out to be fine people. Exemplary, even, that even with a very negative past it didn't mean they have to be negative too! But they never knew the whole picture. They had neither fame nor infamy, so it was to be expected. They tried to keep their two sides separate.

They were gun smugglers. They allowed for various weaponry, from small caliber WWII pistols all the way to last-gen military hardware to get into the country and sold them to the highest bidder.

High risk, higher reward when sold to the right person. Sometimes it was a criminal who wants a firearm, but cannot get one. Occasionally a retailer might want to go outside the system to get hardware he can't get otherwise. Regardless, the Ekberg brothers never used any products themselves. No, this was just their way to make end's meet.

Yeah, they were under investigation a few times, not enough for any large fines or hefty sentences. They'd been good enough to leave little that would connect them to their little operation. It also helped that it was such a lucrative business, you didn't have to put your neck on the line every day to get enough to live by. Oh, and a little extra. You know, for a large house and a few cars or so..

But one day, they screwed up. They knew they did. The Swedish police were going to connect them to the smuggling that was going on. They didn't like the idea of that, and their biggest provider, based in Russia, if he were to be believed, offered to house and hide them for a while. So, early summer, they fled for Chernarus, where their offered housing had been. It turns out the provider lived somewhere nearby, as he came by in person on occasion.

They forked over money for the favour and were allowed to stay a few months. During this time, they were trying to decide what to do. They couldn't go back to Sweden. They might have to forge a new identity. Perhaps pick up an accent and pretend to be fugitives or something like that. Move to the UK, perhaps, or the US.

Every month they forked over another large wad of cash, and then they decided that they should pack their bags and leave. Not only had they decided what to do and where to go, the stay was becoming increasingly expensive. Much to the provider's dismay, of course, he seemed to enjoy the money.

This plan went down the drain too, when it all started- The provider was, of course, well protected. Plenty of guns around and plenty of people willing to use them, so he saw no need to leave just yet. But one day, something changed, as if he had learned something important. He no longer talked to the brothers and advised that they stay in the home.

A bit suspicious that maybe their provider had tipped the local police off since they were trying to leave, the brothers decided to try and look for him.

The one man that was keeping an eye on them didn't like that, he'd been told to keep them under lock and key for the moment, and forced them to go into the basement at gunpoint, and then locked the door. When the brothers finally managed to break the door down, the guard was gone.

It turned out that their provider and most of his men had fled the region, just a few hours before the blockades came up. The Ekberg brothers were left to die, as evidence to be burnt away.

Oh well. They'd do what they could, of course, to stay afloat. They didn't need to smuggle items, it seemed firearms were going to be in high demand regardless. Maybe they could swap into a legal trade, then? Trade various firearms for other necessities.. Lord knew people would need the protection.

Maybe it was high time indeed to pick up marksmanship, too, practice with their own merchandise. It seemed like it would be a highly useful skill.

---------------------

It's been a while. Mark and Daniel have had plenty of time to scurry through Chernarus, picking up what little they could from here and there. They know some of the terrain. They know where one can find hidden items. And, most important of all, they know some good people. People that thus far have been very helpful. They've kept company. Helped keep them safe. Taught them new things. Shared news and rumours. And the Ekberg brothers had done what they could to return these favors.

Now it seemed that even with such a sketchy past, their future looked like a commonplace one. They were survivors. Still alive, somehow. That's got to count for something, right? In a world where the only thing left to do is to live, what else could be better than having succeeded in living?

At the very least, they've picked a home spot. A place to stay and hunker down for a while. Seemed as cozy as any other place. It wasn't exactly safe but it was better than being nomads that never settle. They had a few friends that seemed as willing to help and friendly as they come.

Good things all around. For once.

The only question is.. How long will it last?

FDKYxcx.png

Daniel Ekberg [asaguda]

Mark Ekberg [ArmaNerd]

Jack Martin [iceinfly]

Elijah Hansen [Pingu]

Aaron Lachlan [Noms]

UKbBDlv.png

• Survival, by any means necessary
  • To become independent in terms of survival, e.g. learn how to hunt, farm and fish
  • To provide the means for self defense by trading firearms and ammunition
  • To maintain relations with any and all they meet to further their trading
  • To found a stable hideaway or small community for mutual protection and survival

q53n4Jk.png

If we play our cards right, we may at times have a place to call home. We'll keep it clear of infected, and hopefully house people that can help, in the interests of mutual protection and survival. Depending on how things work out, we may require things of those who choose to stay with us. We may ask that they help with chores or provide for the community, or just ask that they donate items that could be of use to someone else.

It might also be wise not to grow too attached to any single place. The presence of a small community is surely not going to be unnoticed, and the wrong kind of attention might be aimed towards it. Therefore, we may on occasion change locale, to keep would be bandits guessing.

rTrY1Eq.png

-None-

Friends

-None-

Neutral

Everyone else

Troublemakers

-None-

Blacklisted

-None-

qrsiW63.png

Our procedure is a little bit different when it comes to new members. Send a PM to asaguda stating your interest to join or just hop onto teamspeak with us. Rather than writing an application, we'll talk over teamspeak. To us, it feels a bit more personal, and it's easier to get a feel for who everyone is.

Once we're done talking, if you are still interested, we can proceed. Even if we have decided out of character that you are with us, matters still need to be dealt with in character. Either you can find us on your own or we can arrange a meet as natural as possible, by choosing a location that works for all parties involved and then dropping communications. If things go well in character, consider yourself official!

• Emerald

This sounds much like our group with the addition to arms trade. It is good to see civilian survival groups. Does your definition of seriousRP correlate to heavy RP?

+1

Yup. As when I created the Kinship for the mod an age or two ago, we're trying to portray realistic characters, and thus we have a focus on heavy RP. We walk unless we're in a hurry, we're not trying to get into firefights every ten minutes, major injuries stick with the character for a while and similar things.

This sounds much like our group with the addition to arms trade. It is good to see civilian survival groups. Does your definition of seriousRP correlate to heavy RP?

+1

Yup. As when I created the Kinship for the mod an age or two ago, we're trying to portray realistic characters, and thus we have a focus on heavy RP. We walk unless we're in a hurry, we're not trying to get into firefights every ten minutes, major injuries stick with the character for a while and similar things.

Yeah, we do the same exact thing. It I'll be great to see another heavyRP group out there.

• MVP
  • Emerald

This is just great.

Very nice work Dicey and Nerd!

Looking forward to rp with you.

About the backstory, I think it does sound decent enough to fit the lore. What would be great if that if the group grows, some people might portray the supplier and his guards. They would be somewhere, hiking around as well, and make it your goal to find them, strictly IC.

Sorta like the inmates are doing with their doctor!

-snip-

major injuries stick with the character for a while and similar things.

This is just what I have been doing for the past weeks. Love to see you go official and compete with those guntraders in Zele!

Good luck!

This is just great.

Very nice work Dicey and Nerd!

Looking forward to rp with you.

About the backstory, I think it does sound decent enough to fit the lore. What would be great if that if the group grows, some people might portray the supplier and his guards. They would be somewhere, hiking around as well, and make it your goal to find them, strictly IC.

Sorta like the inmates are doing with their doctor!

-snip-

major injuries stick with the character for a while and similar things.

This is just what I have been doing for the past weeks. Love to see you go official and compete with those guntraders in Zele!

Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback! You should be praising Dicey though. I did not really help with a lot of stuff in this group. All praise Dicey!

• Emerald

The hype is real. Great looking group so far.

Will post more elegant and read out feedback soon enough.

Just a heads up though - you guys have some competition.

• MVP

Just read the whole thread I am here to leave feedback. *dons evaluation glasses*

Now! The thread was amazing. The backstory was neat and the author used a humorous/sarcastic attitude while writing which was great. The way you transitioned from place to place was awesome as well. The thread design was simply flawless. It was simple and to the point. That in combination with the excellent backstory makes the thread about a 9.999999999/10 in my opinion.

Is your attitude going to be somewhat swindler-backstabby-tradesman or an honest businessman?

HYPE!

Just read the whole thread I am here to leave feedback. *dons evaluation glasses*

Now! The thread was amazing. The backstory was neat and the author used a humorous/sarcastic attitude while writing which was great. The way you transitioned from place to place was awesome as well. The thread design was simply flawless. It was simple and to the point. That in combination with the excellent backstory makes the thread about a 9.999999999/10 in my opinion.

Is your attitude going to be somewhat swindler-backstabby-tradesman or an honest businessman?

HYPE!

Thanks for the feedback! Now, Dicey can correct me if im wrong but I believe that we are going to be very different depending on peoples attitude towards us. If someone is a straight up dickhead during a deal we might just backstab them. If someone is very nice to us and isnt trying to start trouble during a deal we are going to be completely fine.

• MVP

HYPE!

Thanks for the feedback! Now, Dicey can correct me if im wrong but I believe that we are going to be very different depending on peoples attitude towards us. If someone is a straight up dickhead during a deal we might just backstab them. If someone is very nice to us and isnt trying to start trouble during a deal we are going to be completely fine.

Ah. Doctor Lector would approve. If they are rude, he eats them, if they are polite and 'respond to courtesy' then he shows them artwork of their dead family members....

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

This sounds a lot like double tap

Only thing that I see is that we are both gun dealers. Trust me, Its not going to be anything like Double Tap :)

Tbh I'm quite excited how you guys are gonna work this out.

Good luck you guys

• Emerald

HYPE!

Thanks for the words, much appreciated.

ArmaNerd is correct, as you'd expect we aren't going to be stone-cold business-makers all of the time, and neither will we be total pushovers. It depends a lot on who it is and how they behave.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the latest happenings with this group?

• Emerald

What's the latest happenings with this group?

Well, we've been travelling about, trying to peddle wares. With persistance off most people aren't interested but we do it for the RP so nyeh. We might have chosen a place to settle down at and might start hanging out there if we think it's a good place.

At all other fronts, it has been quiet.

I guess what I am asking is, do you guys meet the requirements player wise?

• Emerald

I guess what I am asking is, do you guys meet the requirements player wise?

Considering I can't find any minimum player requirements and haven't seen any since the creation of this thread, I have no idea. It's why the active tag is there. There's 3 of us.

Common sense would indicate it might be 5 players, as with the mod, but I don't actually know since in the mod groups had many more advantages IIRC.