Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 16:39

Question

Rolayt

Today, someone try to rob me with no microphone, he just type in the game "Drop ur gun" i didn't know where he was, so i ran behind a wall and go prone to drop my weapon until he start shooting at me, but he miss his 2 shot (was a blaze) so i took out my gun and kill him.

For me, typing in game to rob someone is not rp.

So my question is that : Can you rob someone by typing in the chat ?

Thanks

Rolayt

• Titanium

/moved to Questions

• MVP

Yes you can text initiate but, just 'saying' drop your gun is not a valid initiation. Some people only use text in game which is allowed. When initiating on a vehicle (in the mod) you had to do an in game text initiation. Sounds like the initiation itself was poor rather than the fact that they used text.

• Sapphire

Yeah it is common for people to use only text RP, I have done it before in the past. Sometimes for female characters because of lack of a decent morphvox app, sometimes when it's late at night and I don't want to disturb anybody sleeping.

That initiation was invalid, but not because he used text to do it.

So in answer to your question, yes you can rob/be robbed via text initiation.

/solving

ok, not really agree with that, because it is not fair, because you don't know where he is, because when you talk in game you know where it come, but not with the text, But if it's not against the rule

Thanks for the answer

• Sapphire

It has happened to me at a player base called the Ravens Nest, was talking to the guy in voice, but he initiated in text. I told him to get inside and take cover thinking the initiation was coming from outside. While I dive behind a scrapped car I take shots, realising too late that it was the guy I was talking to all along.

• Sapphire

You're allowed to initiate in text, because you're allowed to use text. A mic is not a requirement, and a lot of people don't use them for a variety of reasons. Some people just don't have headsets, others have family or roommates and can't be talking to their computer all the time, and some (like me) aren't remotely articulate enough verbally to get in-character vocally.