Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 17:59

help with Bandits rules

Tarazan

Bandits have a duty of care to their victim(s) unless execution is justified and role-played, when needed you are expected to:

Leave the victim(s) with a realistic chance of survival.

Providing sufficient food and drinks to allow the victim(s) to survive while in your care and for a reasonable time after.

what if i was sick and i got robbed and i made it clear to the bandits that i will die if i didnt get the medicine from my backbag but after they robbed me and took all my food and water they stole my medicine and now im stucked in the middel of no where and i will die if i didnt get any medicine :D

is that considered a break of the rules

Providing sufficient food and drinks to allow the victim(s) to survive while in your care and for a reasonable time after.

As the rules say:

"Bandits have a duty of care to their victim(s) unless execution is justified and role-played, when needed you are expected to:

Leave the victim(s) with a realistic chance of survival."

They can't just leave you to death. They have to give you a realistic chance of surviving the encounter

As the rules say:

"Bandits have a duty of care to their victim(s) unless execution is justified and role-played, when needed you are expected to:

Leave the victim(s) with a realistic chance of survival."

They can't just leave you to death. They have to give you a realistic chance of surviving the encounter

they didnt and i was making a guide for sickness ig and the sad part they came and took all my stuff :D

Well, Being sick prior to the engage mean they don't need to take care of you, considering they would have no way of protecting you form the sickness in the first place. You still have a realistic chance to live IF you find medicine.

But Still, it sucks that they robbed you even though you were making a guide.

• Sapphire

This is where the 'common sense' clause in the rules comes into play.

The bandits are not required to ensure you survive conditions that were in place before they met you. If you were dying of starvation, for example, and had no food when the bandits encountered you, they would be under no obligation to give you food when they left, but they would be under an obligation to either feed you (since their actions are delaying you from finding food on your own) or release you quickly so you can find food.

So, in a way, yes, they're required to help you somewhat. At the very least, if you're dying of sickness and they don't have a way of treating you, they're required to release you within a reasonable amount of time. If you inform them that you're sick and they ignore that, and you die because their capture of you prevented you from receiving treatment, then they could potentially be guilty of failing to protect a hostage.

Of course, it could be argued that if you were that close to death anyway, their delay didn't change much.

Well, Being sick prior to the engage mean they don't need to take care of you, considering they would have no way of protecting you form the sickness in the first place. You still have a realistic chance to live IF you find medicine.

lool tbh at the start i was laughing xD but after they told me count to 10 till we leave i came back to see my stuff and when i saw that they took all the food and my medicinal stuff i was like

It was at this moment, i knew That i f*cked up :D

This is where the 'common sense' clause in the rules comes into play.

The bandits are not required to ensure you survive conditions that were in place before they met you. If you were dying of starvation, for example, and had no food when the bandits encountered you, they would be under no obligation to give you food when they left, but they would be under an obligation to either feed you (since their actions are delaying you from finding food on your own) or release you quickly so you can find food.

So, in a way, yes, they're required to help you somewhat. At the very least, if you're dying of sickness and they don't have a way of treating you, they're required to release you within a reasonable amount of time. If you inform them that you're sick and they ignore that, and you die because their capture of you prevented you from receiving treatment, then they could potentially be guilty of failing to protect a hostage.

Of course, it could be argued that if you were that close to death anyway, their delay didn't change much.

well i made it clear that i need to get to my backbag i have a cure for my sickness but they said you have to wait so we can made it clear to everyone that we arent robbing you >> but they are << They was saying you are a canible so everyone thoght they was true but before they leave me i told them i need my medical stuff or els i wont find any near here so i would die from it they said we wont take it !

but they did now i think i just have around 10mnt or 15 till the char dies anyway :D

• Emerald

lool tbh at the start i was laughing xD but after they told me count to 10 till we leave i came back to see my stuff and when i saw that they took all the food and my medicinal stuff i was like

It was at this moment, i knew That i f*cked up :D

Well I take you got you answers from the comments above, but yeah if you are already sick and dying you could possible allude to that fact and hope that they help you. As far as taking all your food, if they left you in an area where you can acquire food such as from trees and berry bushes I don't see a problem, but if you are in the middle of nowhere and they take everything leaving you with no chance of survival then that is wrong and reportable....going to solve this and if you have any more question don't be afraid to consult with staff

/solving