Server time (UTC): 2022-10-07 01:49

Idea: "RP Masterclass"

Medvedev

Should we do this?  

219 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sapphire

So, I had this idea on my mind for quite some time now and I figured with the recent increase of newcomers this might actually be something needed and appreciated.

We all know we've got staff, who deal with the forum and rule part of our community. But what about the in game interactions? This group would still not be responsible for rule breaks. That's staff work. We're here to give motivated new comers the chance of a guiding hand to get into role playing on our servers.

To keep it short:

Dedicated and experienced members who will take a new comer under their wings will introduce them to character creation, lore, role playing, but also general tips and tricks for being part of DayZRP after they've got their whitelist.

We will organize IC meetings and interactions through OOC communication for the sake of getting people into role play step by step. For example, a TS meeting which is then followed by a IC meeting. E.g. "Role play introduction: S2, 20:00, Gorka"

If it's possible, I want to set up scheduled "lessons" for the main timezones.

Our aim is to reduce the amount of bad role play by preventing it from happening in the first place.

Once I got some feedback on this (by staff especially) I will create a proper thread where people can apply as guides and of course where new comers can show their interest.

Tell me what you think and please keep it on topic. Also, people who are interested in helping as a guide (staff is invited as well) just send me a private message.

UPDATE:

Actual project has started and the thread can be found here:

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-rp-masterclass-learn-and-improve-roleplay

• Emerald

I would definitely like to help some newbies, because I wish I had some help starting out.

• Sapphire

I would definitely like to help some newbies, because I wish I had some help starting out.

Exactly my thoughts. And we probably never had more newbies than we have right now. So I thought this might be a good idea.

• Legend

I suggested this exact same thing back in December on the staff thread, Unfortunately we have been inundated with apps and such so haven't been able to get this up and running due to time constraints and real life

• Sapphire

I suggested this exact same thing back in December on the staff thread, Unfortunately we have been inundated with apps and such so haven't been able to get this up and running due to time constraints and real life

Good to hear that this was already mentioned within the ranks of staff.

I think the time issue that prevented it in the first place would be non-existent here as community members that show dedication would take it into their hands.

+1 in our old groups we had a "make a wish foundation" for newbies.

we took in 1-2 new members, and tried to teach them how to RP decently.

it failed horrible, but gl with this.

• MVP

I think it's a great idea Fox, +1 to the idea. My only worry is would there be enough staff to undertake something like this? I like the idea as perhaps this would lower the chances of Bad Rp reports / trolling.

• Emerald

Great idea I think this would very useful

27613943.jpg

• MVP

Great idea Fox!

Even though the influx of newbies far exceeds any possible amount that could be helped by these efforts, every little bit counts. And any effort to make the community a better roleplaying enviroment is a good one.

I would recomend however that you put any IC actions and meetings(especielly public ones) on hold until staff has the SA logs. Things could get ugly otherwise.

• Sapphire

As a newcomer, I'd be extremely happy to have this despite a pretty chaotic schedule.

I LOVE this idea! 100% with you and I would most definitely help out as best as I can! I would not mind showing new players the ropes and taking them under my wing.

• Sapphire

I think it's a great idea Fox, +1 to the idea. My only worry is would there be enough staff to undertake something like this? I like the idea as perhaps this would lower the chances of Bad Rp reports / trolling.

That won't really be a problem. As I said staff presence would be highly appreciated but it's not a necessarity. Of course something like this needs some talk with staff but I personally don't see the need to give staff even more tasks. I'd much rather have this done by other community members as being staff doesn't say anything about being able to introduce people correctly, however it still shows some dedication and skill.

I still would like some more feedback on this matter, so I'll wait with creating the "official" thread.

• Sapphire

This is a great idea. This would greatly improve the community as a whole and take some of the weight off the staff. It would also lower badrp, trolling, and immature rate by a lot!

I'm in!

• Emerald

I remembered when I joined it took me many time of just witnessing the good RP at Prud Lake to finally get into it so I support this immensely. Could really help out the newbies.

• Sapphire

Great idea Fox!

Even though the influx of newbies far exceeds any possible amount that could be helped by these efforts, every little bit counts. And any effort to make the community a better roleplaying enviroment is a good one.

I would recomend however that you put any IC actions and meetings(especielly public ones) on hold until staff has the SA logs. Things could get ugly otherwise.

Thank you for the feedback.

As you said it's just a very small step, but I think every step counts to make this place more enjoyable for everyone.

I don't really see an issue with having those meetings without logs. Let's pretend he shoots me - which I think is your main concern - I'd have his name and I would have it recorded as well.

Also, I got this idea of offering text RP sessions via TS. We've got a lot of brilliant text role players here and maybe they could share some tips and tricks with all of us. And those sessions are actually quite interesting speaking from own experience.

As I said already, if you're interested in helping either post here or send me a PM. Once I got the feedback I wanted I will create athe official thread and send out PMs to the already interested.