Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 17:13

Tough Mudder 2015

Teas

• Sapphire

Well, against my better judgement I've just registered for Tough Mudder 2015 in Cirencester.

https://toughmudder.co.uk/

"Tough Mudder is a team-oriented 10-12 mile (18-20 km) obstacle course designed to test physical strength and mental grit. Tough Mudder puts camaraderie over finisher rankings and is not a timed race but a team challenge that allows participants to experience exhilarating, yet safe, world-class obstacles they won't find anywhere else."

[video=youtube]

But I'm not just doing it for the good of my health but for the health of others. I am hoping to gain sponsorship for Ataxia UK. People with ataxia have problems with movement, balance, and speech. Over 10,000 people in the UK have a form of ataxia. There is currently no cure but we are working to find one every day.

http://www.ataxia.org.uk/

This is a charity personal to me as it affects my Brother-in-Law Darren, who is now reliant on a wheelchair due to Friedricks Ataxia, just one form of Ataxia.

Here is a link to my Just Giving page, we are hoping to raise £300 for Ataxia UK. A relatively small target in the grand scheme of things but with your help we can smash it and make even more of a difference.

I know it's a number of months away so be prepared for shameless bumping closer to the event.

EDIT: Let me know if any UK DayZRP member want in also, would be a good meet up, smash the course then grab a well deserved beer.

• MVP

It's for a good cause, like your brother-in-law Darren, my mom has MS which has qualities like Ataxia, so I hope the charity for it is a success :). If I lived in UK I'd love to come watch & support :P

• Sapphire

*snip*

Good luck Teas. They are a very cute events.

Don't worry I intend to show the civvies where all they their hard earned taxes go, haha.

• Emerald

I might sign up for it but will be doing the one in Midlands :)

• Emerald

MUDDER NATION!!! you wont regret it, its one of the most exhausting things you'll ever do but its also the most fun you will ever have. Good luck man, I'm personally coming up on my third here in a few months