Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 01:15

Server Killing Characters?

Koala Kozak

• Sapphire

I had been on the US server and i randomly just died and the server locked. Is that some sort of bug?

Server locks 5 minutes before restart. Dying in game due to glitches is not something that admins can control.

• Sapphire

Server locks 5 minutes before restart. Dying in game due to glitches is not something that admins can control.

Oh ok thanks mate, perhaps next time dayz can be more loving haha

• Legend

moved to questions

• MVP

Where exactly were you when you died? As Echo said, the server locks at the 5 minute marker before restarts.

• Legend

As stated above you more then likely died to a bug right before the server was scheduled for a restart and it locked. But Cid is right where did you die so we can know for sure.

• Sapphire

Where exactly were you when you died? As Echo said, the server locks at the 5 minute marker before restarts.

North West Airfield Air Tower, it ruined my shoes first so i think it was due to the glitchy fall damage bug when your upstairs and the game thinks you fell and it kills you.

I can tell you I have died to this as well. In the jail house of most any military area, firehouse and atc tower, basically any building with stairs be very careful. Some folks seem to think vaulting as soon as you get to the desired floor it re syncs to save you from death but it is not 100%.

Has this answered your question?

• MVP

Can confirm, make sure to vault once you have reached the top of any stairs or ladder :) Should fix the bug.

The server locked because it was within 5 minutes of restart.

/solved