Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:21

Trouble connecting to the server

Guest Covert

Guest Covert

Hey guys im new and trying to join. I use sams launcher and when i try to join it says Bad Version, Server rejected connection. If anyone has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it.

• MVP

Hi! Welcome to the server.

A few questions:

1. Are you using DayZ Commander?

- if so, which verson of Arma2 does it say you are using in the 'updates' section

2. Have you downloaded and installed the DayzRP specific mod located here

Guest Covert

A few questions:

- if so, which verson of Arma2 does it say you are using in the 'updates' section

I am using dayz commander, i have the dayzrp mod and the arma 2 oa version is 102591

• MVP

A few questions:

I am using dayz commander, i have the dayzrp mod and the arma 2 oa version is 102591

That is your problem. You need: ARMA2_OA_Build_102678.zip

Look on that link before and make sure you download the beta in the 'Green Box'

• MVP

That is your problem you need: ARMA2_OA_Build_102678.zip

Yep, and a word of warning. DayZ Commander is still going to say your Arma2 is out of date, but that's okay, just ignore it. It'll stay that way until it catches up.

Guest Covert

A few questions:

That is your problem. You need: ARMA2_OA_Build_102678.zip

I did and it still says bad version

Guest Covert

When you're at the server browser selecting DayZRP, down the bottom right, is your verion number highlighted in red?

nope, i dont see any red numbers

Guest Covert

Ok, so that means that your Beta patch isn't the issue. We can check that off.

To confirm, as I haven't seen you mention it, have you installed the latest version of the DayZRP mod?

yes, i installed and unzipped it to the arma 2 oa folder

• MVP

I haven't used Samuel's launcher, so I'm not exactly sure what it does. I'd imagine it modifies the launch commands to run the dayzrp mod.

I actually have my own launch commands in DayZ Commander, and I'll manually launch it through there when I want to play on DayZRP. I'm at work atm, but when I get home I'll post my settings and setup.

Guest Covert

I haven't used Samuel's launcher, so I'm not exactly sure what it does. I'd imagine it modifies the launch commands to run the dayzrp mod.

I actually have my own launch commands in DayZ Commander, and I'll manually launch it through there when I want to play on DayZRP. I'm at work atm, but when I get home I'll post my settings and setup.

thanks man

• MVP

Ok so, in DayZ Commander, click Settings, up in the top right. The section you're after is the one that's in bolded white caps called GAME DIRECTORIES. There, you should see a field for Arma2 Directory, Arma2 OA Directory and DayZ Directory. DayZ Directory is the one we need.

Delete whatever was in the field previously, and enter the directory of your @DayZRP mod folder (the one you downloaded and installed from this site).

Here is mine for an example.

X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZRP

Once you've entered that, make sure to tick the litle box next to 'DayZ Directory' that says Override. Hit done to confirm your settings.

Now, whenever you want to play DayZRP, open the setting menu again in DayZ Commander, and click LAUNCH DAYZ NOW up the top. Once inside, search for the server with "rp 1" or by searching for the IP directly (IP: 81.170.288.191, Port 2302).

Assuming your Arma2 Beta Patch is version 102678, assuming you have DayZRP correctly installed, and assuming you followed these steps correctly, hopefully it should be working for you now ^^

To join the server from the Ingame lobby,

1- Press "Remote"

2- Add "81.170.228.191" in the adress option.

3- Add "2302" in the port section.

4- Press enter and play !

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

To install the "DayZRP Mod",

1- Download the mod wich can be found here.

2- Install the beta patch "102678" wich can be found here.

3- Copy all the files from @DayZRP. (You should make a back-up of your @DayZ first, just in case)

4- Paste all those files into the @DayZ folder.

5- Start the game in the way you prefer, from DayZ Commander or from the menu.

PS: Also, if you installed DayZRP mod previously, you are required to remove all the files from the previous version before installing the new one or you will get ERRORS.

• 2 weeks later...