Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 16:47

Can Admins talk using Voip to the server?

Bishopp

Hello,

I have this question and it regards an incident on another server. This community seems very knowledgeable so I thought I would ask here.

I logged onto this particular server and before I was even completely logged in I heard a voice speaking to me. I was logging in in a barracks room in the small military base south of the NW airfield. There were only 3 people on the server so I would assume the likelihood that someone was right next to me was slim. So while I was still logging in (IE the environment was still rendering and I was unable to control my character) I hear the voice say;

"...you have 30 seconds to comply or you will be kicked"

Now I didn't hear the first part of the comment and don't know what they wanted me to comply with. I tried to respond using in game voice chat but was unsure if I could be heard since I was not logged in. Once I was completely logged in I noticed the SKS which I had in my hand was on the ground so I opened my inventory to try to pick it up and was kicked. So I was logged in for about 3 seconds.

What I noticed from the conversation is that the voice said that I would be kicked if I didn't comply not killed. So I was wondering if administrators are able to do some type of voice chat that everyone in the server is able to hear or something similar. Any clarification would be appreciated.

• Sapphire

Yes, that is indeed possible to do for server admins.

I've seen/heard it before on other servers and I even asked an admin of that server and he confirmed this.

Okay, so how would we respond to that "server voice"? Would my standard in game voice chat be heard? I mean if all in game voice chat could be heard by an admin I would imagine their headphones would constantly sound like a crowded room of chat.

• MVP

Yes it is entirely possible for a server admin to do that over voice. From what I know, there is no real way to respond to it and it would probably be used as more of an announcement if anything. Unless he was in the area he could not hear you.

My knowledge of this was from a long time ago, though. I'm not entirely sure if this is still possible, but it was possible at one point.

Does this answer your question?

• MVP

Admins can indeed use global chat, both voice and text via logging into the admin slot in game using a password.

Obviously we don't do this on our servers but some normal servers may do for various badmin reasons

/solved