Server time (UTC): 2022-09-26 13:29

Is RP better with or without being on TeamSpeak while Playing ?

Guest Doug Quade

Is RP better with or without TS ?  

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Doug Quade

Just wanted to get your take on it. I have to say that I prefer no TS when I play. This way I don't have to come out of character. Heck, when I was in Teamspeak though, I apparently surprised some people in my group, because they thought I was really a Russian LOL !! I currently live in TX !

• Emerald

ts is great I love playing with my buds

• Emerald

I like TS because I get to chat with some great people from the community, and making new friends.

Making friends IRL is way more awesome than any game! TS ON ALWAYS!

However it depends how you use it. As soon as me and my 2 buddies come across someone we all mute and RP.

Some channels are a mic spam fest though and that can rather be annoying at times. Having way too many in one channel OOC can be very tedious while trying to play. But if you stick to just a couple or few then it's great to have TS !

• Sapphire

I don't use it. I wouldn't know if it is better with it or without. I will try it the next time I play.

• Sapphire

Just wanted to get your take on it. I have to say that I prefer no TS when I play. This way I don't have to come out of character. Heck, when I was in Teamspeak though, I apparently surprised some people in my group, because they thought I was really a Russian LOL !! I currently live in TX !

I prefer to use it but mute it 90% of the time. Then if a server restarts or something to that effect you can chat with your comrades afterwards. And every now and then when Clyde gets inevitably lost, it's very useful.

• Sapphire

TS is always fun to keep open to interact with the people you meet in-game. But when I am actually in an RP scenario or are RPing just within my group, I tend to mute TS to bring myself back into my character.

Guest Vittoria

I wouldn't say its necessarily "better"

But it makes organization a hell of a lot easier, and I just feel comfortable being to communicate with the guys im with over TS.

Other then that, I usually mute when I RP.

I wouldn't say its necessarily "better"

But it makes organization a hell of a lot easier, and I just feel comfortable being to communicate with the guys im with over TS.

Other then that, I usually mute when I RP.

Same answer for me. As long as I'm not RPing, I tchat on TS with the group or the friends. The second I have RP to do, zouip... Muted. :)

I love TS, I love everything about it, except for RP.

I tend to become less serious, and less focused, when I'm joking around with my buddies whilst also trying to reinact a life or death scenario. Now TS is great to get in contact with your buddies and stuff, and establish meet ups, but I've found that I've had better experiences from people that I didn't just 'magically' happen to run across with a radio I don't have.

Also, radios, don't they work now? We should use them more then TS. (I don't actually know if they work or not, bear with me.)

Now I'm not saying we should get rid of TS, me and a lot of other people would hate that. I'm saying it should really be used less for IG interactions. You really get a better experience from both the game and the roleplay that way.

I make friends much more easily through Teamspeak, and when it comes to clarity, it cannot be beat. My girlfriend hates hearing one-sided conversations so I end up playing the game through my television's speakers, which when added to the distance and distortion of IG speaking, TS helps a lot.

Plus if I lag something serious, it is good to be able to talk to someone to let them know, and that I am not actually running forward and then teleporting back.

I certainly can't say that TS makes roleplay better, but I do enjoy it. It's nice to be able to chat when you're out alone, or between resets, or occasionally as an in-game radio. It's a great way to keep any goofing around out of game. It's also nice when you're playing with friends and have a game crash as a way to let them know, and to have them possibly protect your body.

I do the same as most people listed above though, any time I run across people in game I tend to mute TS and just focus on VOIP and being in character.

• MVP

>Buddy has entered the channel

>Staggs: COMS!

>Buddy has left the channel.

Staggs is all you need. :D

• MVP

A mix easily. TS is amazing for chatting OOC and arranging IC meets and events

But once RPing IG? It often gets in the way and is better to mute

personally, i think TS gets in the way, i will go on TS to find out where they are " radio comms " and then when i meet them, i tend to mute teamspeak fully ( especially whilest streaming as it interferes with all the chat etc) so for me, TS gets in the way when you're with your group :)

• Sapphire

Keeps me entertained whilst travelling alone I tend to mute it though once i come into contact with other people.

I SAY it provides more of an RP without it. If you have it on theres a greater chance for meta gaming which is a no no

For idiots like me not well versed in TS , how do you mute it while in game ?

Settings > Options > Hotkeys

I create one for Speaker Mute and another for Microphone Mute.

Edit: You can also go to Settings > Options > Capture and set your mic to be either "Push-To-Talk", "Continuous Transmission" or "Voice Activation Detection".

I set up Voice Activation Detection so I don't have to do anything to talk in TS, I just mute or un-mute and I'm good to go.

• MVP

If people are having issues with TS3 breaking immersion, then you just need Staggs in your coms. :P

Seriously, though, if people aren't being respectful in coms, then let them know. If something important is going on, then call "coms, please", and then let them know when it's OK to speak again.

But yeah, if you don't like TS3 coms, it's as simple as not launching TS3, lol. Personally, I like connecting with my friends on TS3 while we're playing the Running Simulator. :P

Guest Doug Quade

So far the experience for me has been this. TS is the same as encountering good RP in the server. It all depends on who is there. There can be some chatty Cathy's in channel and constant com spamming, and for me that ruins the immersion. I don't want to offend anyone using TS by politely asking people to stfu though so I find it avoids confrontation by staying out of TS :)

• MVP

Pff. Someone's being loud in our coms, I'm telling them to shush or GTFO. :P

Is this asking ts or all third party communication systems cause i like ts for talking with admins for help but I do not like it for general roleplay. However I use steam chat and Line app for communication with my friends when we play and hence i have better roleplay when we all are able to contribute ideas and express them outside of the game without having to go OOC in game.