Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 18:41

S3 - persistence

• Legend

Persistence is off on all servers due to the crashes it caused.

/solved

• Sapphire

I was under the impression that the crashes are due to the heavy server load combined with persistence, as other servers run persistence with more stability.

Since S3 has a considerably lower population, perhaps we can test persistence there to confirm that theory?

I was under the impression that the crashes are due to the heavy server load combined with persistence, as other servers run persistence with more stability.

Since S3 has a considerably lower population, perhaps we can test persistence there to confirm that theory?

Can we do this please?! I would be so happy.. low population SHOULD mean more stable right? Do I have to get on muh knees an beg?!

:)! Might bring some more attention to it too..

• Sapphire

The third server actually doesn't have low population, on the weekends, all three servers are typically 50/50, only through the week on working days have I seen it on a low population, and even some days through the week I have seen 20/50, or even 30/50.

The third server actually doesn't have low population, on the weekends, all three servers are typically 50/50, only through the week on working days have I seen it on a low population, and even some days through the week I have seen 20/50, or even 30/50.

It has 9 right now. Prime gaming time during the week. I've been playing on it today because the other 2 are 50/50.. and most i've seen is about 15. I think it's safe to say it's generally low pop. Even if weekends are an exception so what?

What does persistence bring to the table in terms of RP ?

Seen quite a good amount of threads about this subject and I'm curious.

It allows you to keep tents and store items. Not everything disappears if persistence is on. It also has a more realistic loot spawn, things on the coast are rare things further in are more common. Because realistically things on the coast would be picked clean due to people spawning there.

It allows you to keep tents and store items. Not everything disappears if persistence is on. It also has a more realistic loot spawn, things on the coast are rare things further in are more common. Because realistically things on the coast would be picked clean due to people spawning there.

Thanks for the answer.

It's a hoarder dream then, could be great for big groups of people and create tension with supplies protection.

Thanks for the answer.

It's a hoarder dream then, could be great for big groups of people and create tension with supplies protection.

It's not a problem mate. Eventually when it is back on you will see that loot doesn't suffer THAT bad, but things like bases and camps are useless with it off because nothing saves after a restart. You won't see 50 guys walking around with M4 assault rifles, but weapons will still be available and most will be fairly common. I am looking forward to them putting it back on, because I feel that people value their life less when they know that gun they have or ghillie they wear can be reacquired an hour after respawn. However I still think it is RP over loot, and the server being up longer is nice.

Thanks for the answer.

It's not a problem mate. Eventually when it is back on you will see that loot doesn't suffer THAT bad, but things like bases and camps are useless with it off because nothing saves after a restart. You won't see 50 guys walking around with M4 assault rifles, but weapons will still be available and most will be fairly common. I am looking forward to them putting it back on, because I feel that people value their life less when they know that gun they have or ghillie they wear can be reacquired an hour after respawn. However I still think it is RP over loot, and the server being up longer is nice.

Great answers! Would really like to set up a safe-haven type of camp.. but it is currently impossible to keep food, medicine, etc .. so no incentive for anyone to go (bandits don't even care)

Thanks for the answer.

Great answers! Would really like to set up a safe-haven type of camp.. but it is currently impossible to keep food, medicine, etc .. so no incentive for anyone to go (bandits don't even care)

Hey, thanks. Yea, settlements and little camps would add a lot of immersion to the game. Having a place to call "home" so to speak. I'm really looking forward to it.

I actually support this as well. Would be nice to have my little campsite in the woods.