Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 19:02

question: revenge rights

Ghost of Levi

• Sapphire

This recently came too mind, and its bothering me quite a while if its in another post please link it too me and close this but i really wanna know, becouse back in the mod days this was a thing but im not quite sure if it is now where if you change appearance after getting initiated on you lose revenge rights.

Q1:if you change clothing while having revenge rights do you lose them?

Q2: If YES when is something considered changing clothes?

too make the awnswers a bit more understandabl for me ill also add a couple of situations

Person A initiates on person B

S1: person B puts on raincoat becouse it starts raining

S2: Person B puts on an mask

S3: Person B changes pants and shirt to replace wet cloths

• Emerald

Well in the mod, when a person changed skins, it completely changed the model of the character due to you know...Arma. But with SA in my own opinion I think it should be ok as each item of clothing is seperate, if you get what I am saying. There are more identifiers I guess, so say if I rob you wearing a blue drybag, red face bandana, gorka pants and yadda yadda...I later take off the bandana and put on a cowboy hat or something, you still can identify me by my drybag and other items I had not changed and also you can identify me by voice. But if you really want to be safe and don't want to mis-ID on a assumption it is always best to initiate for safe measure:)

• Sapphire

-snip-

I'm asking this question not to find an reason to shoot someone, im more a words guy, i value rp over pew pew, but it does bother me, and i dont think so, i mean, standart im always carrying an spare set of clothing including hat,body,legs,shoes, so all i need to do is find an bag and lie about my name and im literuarly a completely different person,

now but not to be a dick but i will be anyway, the awnswer you kinda gave me here is... not realy an yes or no awnswer its more of an i dont know but i think it should be awnswrer wich could confuse even more.

• Emerald

It's not a rule break to change clothing, as there are many many reasons to do such. Article is ruined, it's raining, need more camo, shoes are broke while running, and on and on.

• Sapphire

SA in my own opinion I think it should be ok as each item of clothing is seperate, if you get what I am saying. Really want to be safe and don't want to mis-ID on a assumption it is always best to initiate for safe measure:)

He did say in his opinion.

• Sapphire

It's not a rule break to change clothing, as there are many many reasons to do such. Article is ruined, it's raining, need more camo, shoes are broke while running, and on and on.

the thing is though if you rob me and i folloow you but have a way different appearance you will have no idea that it is me and from a distance you will thin im an completely different person.

• Emerald

the thing is though if you rob me and i folloow you but have a way different appearance you will have no idea that it is me and from a distance you will thin im an completely different person.

Deception is the key. I probably shouldn't have robbed you then.

• Sapphire

-snip

-snip

yea but if im just any brainless joe and what he said actually wouldnt be true, id quote him and go but he said so.

-snip

yea but the advantage id have over you would be rather... unfair.. and deception would create confusion and might lead too reports for RDM wouldnt they?

• Emerald

-snip

-snip

yea but if im just any brainless joe and what he said actually wouldnt be true, id quote him and go but he said so.

-snip

yea but the advantage id have over you would be rather... unfair.. and deception would create confusion and might lead too reports for RDM wouldnt they?

Why would it? If I just robbed someone and I then get killed by some random guy, I'll put up a report. The guy I robbed is going to say nope, that was me, you just robbed me an hour ago. Case closed.

In most situations clothing isn't going to make or break a report.

• Sapphire

-snip-

but can you explain too me why it was an issue back in the mod than?

• Emerald

-snip-

but can you explain too me why it was an issue back in the mod than?

Yes, because when you changed clothes in the mod, it changed everything, sometimes even your face. All in one quick click. Here, you will have multiple changes, with limited space, not just one. Even if you put packs within pack and clothes within clothes, it's not a simple task to change your complete appearance and you wouldn't be able to do it on the run.

Yes, because when you changed clothes in the mod, it changed everything, sometimes even your face. All in one quick click. Here, you will have multiple changes, with limited space, not just one. Even if you put packs within pack and clothes within clothes, it's not a simple task to change your complete appearance and you wouldn't be able to do it on the run.

But it's really easy to change in SA too, also everyone looks the same.

It completely changed the character. Before it wasn't just clothing, it was model skins on the character. So if you had your clan skin on, you were your clan character.

The rule is considered outdated because with ARMA II, that player skin was who that person was. However the problem with doing that now, is that all articles of clothing are limited to an extent, but not like back then. The thing the game is missing however is a wider variety of player models. Because of this, in game you couldn't tell apart a group of fifteen people, because multiple people will have the same skin selected, where in real life, if this was taking place, the person's facial features, built, gait, walk, and voice would all give it away. In game, we just have a voice.

It also seems like this would fall into roleplay between two people. If the two people went about it properly, then this would be a grand bit of role-playing because you could accuse them of being someone while in-character and point that stuff out. Such as, oh I remember your ears, and that cough, yada yada.

If you make too many rules when it comes to robbing, it takes away the free form of it, which makes it interesting role play. Otherwise it will sound like a bad commercial as people run through a list of things to make sure everything is on the up and up, instead of basic initiation and explanation of your demands.

• Sapphire

-snip-

-snp-

you wouldn't be able to do it on the run.

yes... yes you can

• Emerald

Then I would say, don't lose line of sight. Even if the clothing change is removed, if you can lose line of sight on your pursuers, you are as good as gone away. And with the changes to camo actually working, after 200m or so, you will lose line of sight very quickly. I'd say until it because an issue, which it hasn't, nothing will change. Clothing mechanics are different, and so the rule was removed.

I see no issues with changing clothing and pursuing your foe. If it follows correct RP reasoning.

• Emerald

Let me add this too:

In the mod, clothing did become worn or ruin with wear, in SA it does. So there are multiple reasons to change clothing, even in combat.

I remember being banned in mod for changing from one set of clothes into a ghillie suit, does that not apply here? I switch from civ clothing to ghillie(150% changing your look) after getting robbed, do I retain KoS rights?

• Sapphire

alright i guess the question is physicly awnswered , by no, but id still say it would be up for debate, becouse im of opinion that even if this wont be a thing people will, regardless of what value killing over RP, becouse its easyer too remove an danger thats why i think it should be open for debate if things will get more complicated than just an wondering question

• Legend

Since you feel the question has been answered I will go ahead and solve this. However if you wish to continue this feel free to make a thread in the general discussion .

/Solved