Server time (UTC): 2022-09-26 12:47

Welp I hate that it has came to this

Guys, I think that I am going to just take a break from the forums for a while. I wont post hardly as much and just enough to get my 30 day refresher in. At least until my points die down.

Reason that I am leaving?

I have on multiple occasions tried to assist the community, give suggestions, and just all around try and help out. All of the occasions have got me in trouble and/or got me flak from other users or got me warning points. I honestly never thought that helping out could make me a bad person but in this community it seems so.

Real life has me pretty tied up anyways...

Anyways, ciao for the moment.

• Emerald

I have on multiple occasions tried to assist the community, give suggestions, and just all around try and help out. All of the occasions have got me in trouble and/or got me flak from other users or got me warning points. I honestly never thought that helping out could make me a bad person but in this community it seems so.

The decision is yours. If that's how you feel, then that's it.

I will, however, point out the highlighted part. The warning points was issued (as far as I know) because you posted in a ban appeal, which by rule is prohibited if you are not a staff member or the one appealing, or one given special permission by staff because you have information on the matter.

It's the rules. Yes, you're trying to help. I've had points myself because I posted in a formal report. Did my actual answer differ from what the staff said? No, but rules are rules, and I was given points for it, and I accepted it, because it's not my "job". If you follow?

It's just like a Radiograph looking at an X-Ray. Can he see if the bone is broken? Yes, he can, but it's not up to him to tell the patient, it's up to the Radiologist (the doctor). He would potentially be punished as well.

All this said, do take a break, cool down a little and then return with a fresh mind. This community is not all rainbows, unicorns and happy days.

Enjoy o/

Seriously?? All of your warning points are from posting in ban appeals. You can't post in them. Only the person appealing and a gm/admin is allowed. This has been in place since before I even joined.

• Emerald

Well I am sorry it has come to this and hope you come back...but I have one question?

The very first time you recieved points for postin in a ban appeal, why did you keep posting knowing you were going to get points?

Well I am sorry it has come to this and hope you come back...but I have one question?

The very first time you recieved points for postin in a ban appeal, why did you keep posting knowing you were going to get points?

The first time I posted in one, I did it and seen what I did wrong. It's not the fact that I did this again just for the heck of it. I did it to help out and didn't realize it was a ban appeal because it was improperly formatted and ask like a question. I never go into ban appeal and I only comment on things in the recently posted section. It's not just over this, it's over more reasons as well. But all relating to the community.

• Diamond

bye m8

• Emerald

A very silly reason to leave. But no one will stop you. Of you ever come back i hope you continue to have the fun you've had before you left. So long!

• Sapphire

Wow, okay...

Yeah, nobody's picking on you. You broke a straightforward rule. Twice. You are disallowed from posting in a ban appeal or formal report for any reason unless you're the accused (appeal) or directly involved (formal report).

Those rules are written in stone. It doesn't matter how helpful you're trying to be.

Admittedly I have made the same mistake. I wouldn't take them to heart. The points do go away. I think it is known your intentions are good, but as stated above it isn't our job to post on ban appeals etc. I wouldn't be too upset about it bud.

• Legend

Everybody gets points. Hell, I've probably been slapped with points at least five times, and I'm considered a member in good standing. There's plenty of people here with way more. It's really not a big deal.

• Sapphire

I've gotten up to 97% two times in my life and i still stayed. Plz m8 don't leave.

• Legend

I really fail to see the point here. But sure, whatever works for you.