Server time (UTC): 2022-10-02 22:57

My impression from my visit in GM

Iv'e been hearing for a long time about how Green Mountain is the KoS and BadRP central of the comunity and I tried to avoid the place in all costs, until yesterday. Yesterday I decided to check this this accustion out and I was thinking that I won't even have enough loot to get robbed (I didn't even carry a bag but a mil tent) so I found on my way there a V3S and drove to the place. after I arrived I started to ask if antone has an AK-101 mag and when someone asked me if I am trading the tent. I tried to RP the tent as to heave to just pick it up and the only way you can carry it is on your back, the people around there asked "What? can't you take that tent into your hands?" I replied and tried to continue RPing the tent as a too heavy for picking it up. I put thte tent on the floor to prove them that the tent is "too heavy" and when they checked it out someone said "WOW you are right I cant see the 'pick to hands' option", exapt that the RP wasn't as high I got to see from others but it was nice. Later I found someone to trade with and he tried to take me to the darked area, my character has became very suspocios about others in the last week so I wanted to keep on eye contact with the area, I offered my V3S for the mag and BANG I hear a shot and see the "You Are Dead" writing fading in. on the backround, "I think he killed himself".

By the way I saw someone by me V3S opening the engine cover and the doors so I told him to move away, he dicided not to, I aimed my pistol and told him move (My character knew he is planning on stealing the car, and OOC new he lifted the cover to make the windows bullet proof even it will be a huge non-RP due to the fact that the cover will not allow him to see in 1st person) I said sorry for the misunderstanding and he said "Are you threaten at me? trust me you dont want to mess with me!" Like a macho that is looking to gain KoS rights.

In the botton line... Void GM in all costs!!!

• MVP

The worst part is, it's not even close a mountain.

Should Green Hill with a tower on top ._.

Guest Doug Quade

In terms of OOC, GM sounds like a place to avoid. However, i think that is going to change, once the logs come out. Too bad my In game char has no idea about GM at all, still working my way west :)

If you can stomach the shoddy rp. GM is a good place to get some trading done as long as you're careful.

I think this sums it up from my experience. It can be chaotic up there and it does seem to be where a lot of lazy or bad rp is often going down. It can be a good trading spot though because of all the traffic it tends to get. Just never linger.

I tend to only go with some friends for backup, and we tend to keep our trips limited to 5-10 minutes. It often starts feeling sketchy to be around there more than 5 minutes. Other times it can be ok. If we're in the areas we try to pop in just to see if there is any good RP (or active traders), but we usually end up up bailing pretty quickly.

• Diamond

I equate Green Mountain to the Mos Eisley space port in Star Wars.

"Mos Eisley Spaceport. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Could easily be...

"Green Mountain. You'll never find a more wretched hive of BadRP and Kos'ers."

• Emerald

I like green mountain, and though i have seen a bit badrp i haven't seen a TON. though i have seen plenty of KOS/Constant Robbing. like just around 30 min ago i was heading up the hill and got shot at, no one was in the tower and i couldn't see anyone, i checked all around and no one so i bailed and 10 min after run to zelenogorsk i got tired and got off. Must be those dirty little hackers -.-

I like green mountain, and though i have seen a bit badrp i haven't seen a TON. though i have seen plenty of KOS/Constant Robbing. like just around 30 min ago i was heading up the hill and got shot at, no one was in the tower and i couldn't see anyone, i checked all around and no one so i bailed and 10 min after run to zelenogorsk i got tired and got off. Must be those dirty little hackers -.-

I personaly havn't saw some good RP and most of it was medium and more casual RP then the hardcore RP that our community wants to have... I have went there from the "Resort" of the Unnamed which had alot of good RP from the group and from the people that stayed there that had awsome RP too. I have yet to see some good RP there but I know that there is some awsome RP there from time to time but it's way to risky and most of the chances that all I will see there is some casual RP (which is also good and better than the normal public servers) or KoS/Trolling/RDM/BadRP so it is just not worth it...

• Emerald

Eh, i will always like green mountain unless some one can give me i place where i can stay, have good rp with people, get to know there characters and not have to worry about walking out and getting robbed

Eh, i will always like green mountain unless some one can give me i place where i can stay, have good rp with people, get to know there characters and not have to worry about walking out and getting robbed

Wow I know only IC'ly about at least five places like you said only with good RP the reason for that is the people that in these places know that the moment they will post here the location of their area the hoards of the KoSers and BadRP will go there. If you want to find the really good RP places you need to search for them ingame instead of choossing the easy way and go to places that are posted in the forum (Metagaming?).

• Emerald

I nanny Green Mt. and try to hint to people ic if they screw up.

I was at green mountain the night this happened. I had a red paramedics jacket and firefighter pants on. I heard the gunshots from the back of the military jail building. People started to say that they where doing target practice around back, so I went over to the V3S. Next to the V3S was a dead body, the same guy who had the military tent from before. (the tent was gone)

I was at green mountain the night this happened. I had a red paramedics jacket and firefighter pants on. I heard the gunshots from the back of the military jail building. People started to say that they where doing target practice around back, so I went over to the V3S. Next to the V3S was a dead body, the same guy who had the military tent from before. (the tent was gone)

Of course the tent was gone why else will people kill RDM me? most of the people there wanted my tent...

I've been to Green Mountain twice now. Last time was last night on US server. There were about 10 guys there altogether when my group of 3 arrived. Out of the whole lot, we met only one guy who was even trying to RP. The rest just ran around like idiots asking everyone for AK101 magazines or 7.62 ammo - no RP, no other discourse just, "hey do you have an extra AK101 mag? Oh, no? Okay bye", rinse, repeat over and over.

Next time I see this I will video carefully, document names, and report for bad RP. Just absolutely terrible.

I was on the EU server about 7-8 hours ago. I'm not sure what was going on, but on my way to Zeleno I ran south of Green Mountain, I heard about 50-60 M4 rounds come from that way. No exaggeration. Then about 10 minutes later a friend of mine also ran by there and heard another 60 or so rounds fired. He heard M4 and AK rounds.

Needless to say, I stayed away. I can only imagine what was going on up there.

I figure it was either an insane waste of ammo or a gunfight for the ages.

• Emerald

Last time I was at GM was when some people tried to Kos my old group......two of my people fled and everyone, my group along with the attackers died except me. It wasn't all bad though......at least i can use the story for some character development.

Though there has been good rp there, it just depends on who is at at that time GM. Though people that have been here longer seem to avoid it more.

Only time I'm going to GM is if I'm being dragged or people that I follow go there....but I would complain all the way there.

• Emerald

I can't recall the last time something good happened to me at Green Mountain at all, in ArmA or DayZ SA, aside from successfully depositing a can of Mountain Dew there to break the curse.

Probably best to stay away, unless you've got a can of the dew and you don't want to die.

Never had an issue aside from one person bringing OOC crap into GM to legitimise his meta-banditry but that was just an exception.

I'm generally the watchman there, so I must have been taking a nap at that point. My apologies.

I enjoy Green Mountain tbh. Only once has it turned a bit nasty and that was based on a misunderstanding which we got sorted out.