Server time (UTC): 2022-10-07 02:20

is it kos?

tanihu1

so, most of the time, i am the sniper in the team and i am watching my friend form a distance, if someone tries to rob him, we agreed that he will warn the guy that i am watching and if he dont listen he will point him with his finger (f6) and then i will shoot, is it kos?

• MVP

Let me make sure i'm understanding correctly first -

Your friend is being robbed, he warns them to stop or you (as sniper) will shoot, correct?

Let me make sure i'm understanding correctly first -

Your friend is being robbed, he warns them to stop or you (as sniper) will shoot, correct?

correct :) and if they dont listen, he points at them with his finger and then i shoot them (so its not metagameing)

I am also very curious about this.

If you're within 500m and the enemy does not comply to your friends orders then yes (I think). I mean it like transferring KoS rights, only the enemy knows someone is out there, giving the enemy a slight heads up compared to the other scenarios where others get KoS rights but the enemy doesn't even know that they are coming.

The enemy in this case is at least getting a heads up about it.

However, unless the enemy can see the sniper, then he might simply think you're bluffing since many try this tactic when alone so they can get out a situation safely.

Not a pro though, I don't usually engage in any hostile situations hehe.

EDIT: Also you as a sniper cannot kill the enemy unless the enemy does not comply, In this case the enemy kills or continues to rob your friend.

• MVP

Then in that case yes -

If you are within 500m of said friend and the robber does not follow his orders you may shoot them. You may also shoot them just for robbing your friend.

Thing you have to be careful of is that your friend saying "stop this or die" gives them KOS so they may choose to simply kill your friend. (In which case again, you can shoot them)

Does this help?

Then in that case yes -

If you are within 500m of said friend and the robber does not follow his orders you may shoot them. You may also shoot them just for robbing your friend.

Thing you have to be careful of is that your friend saying "stop this or die" gives them KOS so they may choose to simply kill your friend. (In which case again, you can shoot them)

Does this help?

yes! thx you very much!

I would say its NOT KOS!

You are warning the attackers that if they dont STOP they will be shot. You make it clear to them that you have a gun pointed at their head and if they dont comply they will die.

If they dont put down their weapons, give up or anything within reasonable time (or if they lift their weapons showing aggresion) I'd say SHOT em.

I order my "personal guard" to shot if they get closer than a body length away from me or if i go down on my knee (not standing).

Then i would walk towards the people, if they try to rob me i'd tell them:

"I've got a gun pointed at your head, if you force me to go crouch or lift my hands i've ordered him to shoot, now, do you feel like taking that chance?"

If he then says "I think you're bluffing" then he made a choice to .. take a chance.. I might be bluffing but if i dont i believe its my rights to get him killed when he forces me to do stuff.. Unless there is a good reason not to i wont stop that at the first.

• MVP

/solving then

If you have any further questions feel free to ask :)

/solving then

I got one, can i rob someone and after i told him "hands up" and stuff, and then punch him in the face with my fist in order to make him pass out? (of course that i will take care of him and bandage him and stuff)

Just going to throw this in here: If you're within visible range(500 meters or less) you get KoS if your friends are being help up/shot at, etc.

If your friend get's KoS rights on someone, and you're within 500 meters, you get it to.

• MVP

/solving then

I got one, can i rob someone and after i told him "hands up" and stuff, and then punch him in the face with my fist in order to make him pass out? (of course that i will take care of him and bandage him and stuff)

As long as you made sure he wasnt going to die or take significant damage, I don't see why not.

Putting a burlap sack over his head is much easier though :D