Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 19:41

How come no one takes captives?

Seriously.. a serious lack of hostages taken for longer than the stent of taking someones gear, and being on their way.. hands up - follow me - get in here, etc. etc... not used enough lol.. normally i just see "hands up - drop your gear - now pick it up while we leave, don't follow us or you die" *scratches head* snooooze lol.. serious lack of RP potential imo lol, and instead of helping someone or recruiting them, they just raid / bandit them & be on their merry way... sigh. granted its nice to get some warning without being shot in the face instantly, for the lack-of-gear i have, and a chance to fight back, if i choose to.. lol

• MVP

~Lots of people take hostages :)

I think you've had a string of bad robbers sadly tbh :(

Last time me and a buddy took hostages they tried to knock us down using their fists. Rip. We ended up shooting one of them because he refused to stop hitting us and let the other run. That said, it was a pretty fun experience. If I take hostages I would rather take more than one as that is a lot funnier for both parts.

Me and some other guy got taken hostage a few weeks ago, they killed him and made me eat him, you've just gotta be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It does happen though albeit rarely

Did you guys OOC consent to the execution and being force fed human meat? It's against the rules otherwise.

The last time I was robbed, they told me to stop talking or they would shoot me. So no RP there. Then they told me, just like the OP, if I followed they'd shoot me. They left me with ruined clothes, some canned food, some water, and a badly damaged axe.

Technically they broke no rules. Next time someone initiates on me I'm going to shoot because frankly it's more interesting than the constant non-RP robberies for gear.

• Emerald

We take hostages all the time, and sometimes we keep them as pets for even longer.

• Sapphire

There a lot of hostage situations. That just really sucks you didn't get the treatment that you wanted. I also encounter this kinds of robbers and assholes. I carry things that I need and want to trade. If they see something they like, they take it, then leave me, warning that if I follow they will shoot me.

• Sapphire

In my experience nobody complies anyway so no hostages for us :(

I would love to have a feature in-game where a player can sneak up behind another player, place hand over mouth animation. During which, the person cannot use voice in game. Also the person would need a knife or handgun to do this to another. And cannot hold the guy longer than a specific time (say 5 minutes) or hostage will break free. You can then proceed to take him silently away from a situation, get him to get on ground after while saying "If I let go of you, you will shut up or I will do something you will regret, now get on the ground and put your hands behind your head" you proceed to handcuff him and so on.

Of course TS will come into play unfortunately :( where people will say regardless to their friends (Someone has me HELP) but for the real RP fans it would be great!!!

I would love to have a feature in-game where a player can sneak up behind another player, place hand over mouth animation. During which, the person cannot use voice in game. Also the person would need a knife or handgun to do this to another. And cannot hold the guy longer than a specific time (say 5 minutes) or hostage will break free. You can then proceed to take him silently away from a situation, get him to get on ground after while saying "If I let go of you, you will shut up or I will do something you will regret, now get on the ground and put your hands behind your head" you proceed to handcuff him and so on.

Of course TS will come into play unfortunately :( where people will say regardless to their friends (Someone has me HELP) but for the real RP fans it would be great!!!

You should be able to struggle like when you are handcuffed, using q and e and depending on the bloodlevel/health level of the guy holding you, that could determine how easy you would break free, as a weak man would probably be no challenge... At the same time I think that said person should be able to stab you in the neck with the knife if he resisted. The animation should aswell tell you who did it just as if you were handcuffed and if they decide to kill you a message should pop up aswell.

• Legend

We take hostages all the time, and sometimes we keep them as pets for even longer.

Bad Eugene, bad ;)

On topic though, yes there is few groups who do this hostage RP and its great when done right. You just need to get lucky (or unlucky) and meet the right groups/people.

I can say I would not mind being taken hostage, as it would be fun to roleplay it out, especially the "Don't Kill The Messenger" scenario, but ya, lately its just been being robbed. Or they have me travel with them, since I am a friendly sort of fellow, and sometimes too trusting, only to have guns aimed at me later on and then robbed.

• Sapphire

Depends on the people you run into, and yourself.

Generally robberies aren't about keeping you around as long as possible, the people who rob for the robbery itself or the gear will try and get away as quickly as possible.

The others, well, they may keep you around for various reasons. But keep in mind, you yourself must be attractive enough to be kept around, either as a good, interesting hostage or due to them having a personal vendetta and wanting to take things further. But you always have to be interesting enough to keep around.

Generally robberies aren't about keeping you around as long as possible, the people who rob for the robbery itself or the gear will try and get away as quickly as possible.

The others, well, they may keep you around for various reasons. But keep in mind, you yourself must be attractive enough to be kept around, either as a good, interesting hostage or due to them having a personal vendetta and wanting to take things further. But you always have to be interesting enough to keep around.

It's hard to be interesting when they threaten you with death if you make any noise right off the bat.

• Sapphire

It's hard to be interesting when they threaten you with death if you make any noise right off the bat.

Meaning you ran into the wrong people. Also, robberies where you are not allowed to roleplay aren't permitted. If it only consists off "drop your shit and shut up, not a single word or die" it's clear the roleplay is not done to provide any roleplay.

• 2 weeks later...

Only once i have tried that a hostage called ooc back-up. When he tried to make us surrender we placed four 00 buckshots in him and kept the hostage. Thanks for the AK, if you are reading this, dude+

• Emerald

well taking someone hostage is usually really risky business given that they can be communicating through TS so I can see why it doesn't happen probably as often as it should.

If you tell them to drop their radio, and use an emote *Searches for a radio, removing it* or something like that, they can't.

The larger groups tend to do the hostage stuff right and make it fun. I have found when you run into the little two to three man groups who are just trying to gear up their friend who recently died, the RP suffers greatly. I was held up by a large group a few months back and they used their RP to keep me in one spot, acting friendly until their buddies arrived. It was great. I forget their names, but one even came back and returned my med kit that had morphine in it because he felt bad. It was great! But more to the point it's hit or miss with the hostage RP. Just go into every interaction hoping for the best.

To be completely honest, through the majority of my RP interactions, ver few people are full-on military people who will handcuff, interrogate, rob and take prisoners. Let's be honest, the super-majority of the Chernarus Survivors are just civilians! That's just my take on it, that's how I play out my character.