Server time (UTC): 2022-09-26 11:59

She tosses and turns, unable to get comfortable during the cold night. Looking out into the night sky, Josie thinks of her sisters, longing to see them again. It had been too long and the information she had gotten was far from comforting.

Given up on the idea of sleeping, she quietly sneaks away with a radio not wanting to wake anyone up. Josie flicks through the channels until she comes to the one her sisters had agreed on.

'My sisters, I miss you dearly, where are you both?

Paula, I have been tracking you for days now. Rick told me what those sick people did to you, don't worry we got some of them back which I am sure he told you about. I won't let them get away with it and the things they have done to Conor!'

She takes a deep breath, calming herself down before continuing.

'Mila, where are you? I hear things, things I do not like. I saw you that once but you did not speak to me. Please do not tell me you really are with them, I do not know what I would do if you are.

To any sick bastards out there listening to me, harming woman, I will find you and you do not want that.

To any woman out there, seek us out, the Valkyries are here.

She sighs to herself and looks out into the clear night sky, eventually drifting off to sleep.

• MVP

*Michael recognizes the names Mila & Paula whilst skimming through radio frequencies and listens quietly, making a small note of the frequency and the woman's name*

Interesting...

• Legend

Conor sits against the wall in the clinic, his radio crackles into life. He grabs it and listens to Josie's message. He smiles weakly at the mention of his name.

When the message finishes he wipes some sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand, depresses the push-to-talk button and mutters a few words.

"Josie, it's Conor. I understand Doctor Hannah contacted you regarding my situation and location? I was with Paula, Mila & Rick yesterday. Paula is going to be coming to the location Hannah told you about to seek medical attention for what those bastards di-"

He quickly moves the radio away from his mouth and coughs several times before resuming his message.

"You say you don't want to let them get away with their actions. I do not want any of you to get hurt. Please be cautious. I hope to see you soon. Safe and well."

• Legend

*Fiddles with her radio while humming the familiar tune, a light smile on her lips as she just got a message from Tom. Suddenly the radio crackles again and she almost drops it, quickly grabbing it tightly and listening to her sister's voice*

*She sighs as she listens and finally pushes the button and starts to talk with almost whispering voice*

"I know you have heard things... everyone has... I just have to do what I have to do to keep you and Paula safe, or at least try my best... I had not many choices either... I hope you will understand."

*She takes a deep breath and holds her radio tight against her chest*

• Sapphire

Samuli is going through the radio frequencies while leaning against a wall in Zelenogorks. Suddenly, he hears a crack in there and goes a corrects the frequency back where he heard voice

He recognizes the speaker, Josie. He also hears familiar name there, Rick. He stares at the radio in his hands for a moment and raises it higher towards his face and opens his mouth:

Josie...I am not sure if you remember me. It is Samuli here.

Samuli takes a deep breath before he starts talking again

I haven't seen you in a long time, is everything okay? I remember you and Rick, it was somebody called "Ace" also there. Anyways, if you ever need something, you can find me from Zelenogorsk, that is the place where I am most of the time.

He puts the radio away into his pocket. He takes out a small bottle of pills from his left pocket and takes couple of them

• Emerald

Jerry sits against a tree high in the hills, he is combing through the channels when he recognizes Josie's voice. He smiles at this and continues listening. He listens to the chatter until he hears Conor's Voice. His face becomes visibly angry and he can no longer just listen.

Jerry Winslow here. Conor lad, You listen to me right here and now. Me and mine will continue to fight those fucking cultists as we have since we realized what they are. Fucking disgusting what they do to people, and you never deserved that shite. You scars will heal and you will be stronger because of it. Few nights back we launched a massive attack upon their compound and we fucking murdered a whole fucking lot of them. We tolerated them and their religion when they told us they were peaceful, little did we know that their "god" demands blood sacrifices of anyone and everyone that doesnt agree with them, as well as enslaving people for their own sick amusement. Dont worry lad, We will avenge you and the many that they have harmed across this fucking land.

Jerry ends his transmission and goes back to listening against the tree.

*tunes his ham radio across the frequencys until he hits one where he hears a familiar voice of Milana and stops to listen, before he could say anything he cuts his transmitter off and throws his radio against the furthest wall to stop his urge to broadcast.*

• Legend

*** Paula has the radio in her hand, listening to Josie with a warm smile on her lips.

She wants to answer, but everything she would say would make the situation more complicated.

Sitting under a tree, her head coverd by her hands, she listened to the short conversation.

Tears were slowly running down her hands and face. ***

I thought she was strong.

But she is just stupid.

After all we have been through.

Don´t trust her Paula! Don´t trust her!

*** She was sitting there for hours, falling asleep for minutes and getting woken up because of wierd noises in the woods. ***

*** She finally took the radio and pressed the button. Whispering, but with a strong voice, she said: ***

"Josie, we need to talk.

Alone.

I will be near Zelenogorsk the next days.

We will find each other like we always do.

Stay safe and dont forget I love you, sister"

*** She holds the radio in her hands for a little bit longer, not waiting for a response. ***

I am not going to let that happen!

Josie takes a moment to stop and look out across the fields from her vantage point. Smiling at the view she takes her radio and flicks to the Valkyries channel.

Softly she speaks into it..

'Paula, I know your upset right now. Do not worry we will get through it all and work it out.

After you left today we found more of those cultist. They died... I assisted in their deaths, again... I think I am supposed to feel bad or something but I don't.... Maybe I am crazy too. We need to talk alone together again, no Rick this time.

I will see you again soon...'

She sighs wondering if she should say something more.

'Mila.. stay safe and I am sorry...'

Josie shoves the radio back into her jacket and sets off again.

*Bill begins slowly Flicking through different channels repeating a message*

"Hello anyone do you read me over, repeating this message on all frequencies, trying to see who's alive out there still living on this Rock!?"....

*Bill abandons the radio and shouts in the distance*

Viktor! why is this crap not working, am I that hideous no-one wishes to speak with me...

"Well kill the infec...."*radio cuts out and static ensues*

• Legend

*After waving to Tom and going back inside the castle, she takes out her radio as its crackling in her pocket.

She listens silently while her grip from it is getting tighter with every word she hears from Josie. She whispers*

"You really want me dead, don't you... You and Rick..."

*She throws her radio on the rocky wall of the castle and turns around, going outside again, taking a deep breath of the chilly air. Glancing up to the sky tears in her eyes*

She stumbles around confused and head pounding. Josie finds her radio and quietly, calmly says

'Conor, I hate you.. Never again!'

She squints at the sunlight and throws her radio, cursing and not remembering what happened.

• Legend

Conor fumbles with the radio when he hears the message. His head is pounding, his clothes smell like he spent the night in a brewery

"Eugh, Josie please don't bring it up. Just the smell of alcohol makes me want to vomit!"

He sets his radio back down and curls up in the corner of the barn to try and sleep off the hangover.

Before she felt sick from what she witnessed and now after finding out it was a trick, it fueled her hate for them. Josie flicks on her radio

'Mila, I saw him today, his family is cruel and now I know how far their lying goes, they make me sick. I have a present for you, I think I believe him when he says I left unharmed because of him and he did know how they tricked me. Hopefully I gave him something to think about.

We all need to speak though, you, Paula and me. All of you stay safe... I suspect they are trying to break that treaty'

Static ensues as she dozes off.

• Legend

Conor grabs his radio and starts to speak into it.

"The Father of the Novy Sobor crazies tonight said that he does not care about the treaty we have. He is actively trying to indoctrinate Mila into his cult. If he does not care about this treaty? Then so be it. They will be the ones to regret this when their corrupt church comes crashing down around them. I urge all who hear this to take up arms against them. Remove them from this hellhole and..."

He pauses, grins slightly and continues speaking with a chuckle.

"Send them to their maker."

• Sapphire

*Reznikov fiddles through his radio and hears the transmission*

The man speaks in a heavy Russian accent. "This is Reznikov, who are these makers? Or these followers? You seem to not like them... What have they exactly done in my home country to make the people who hear this transmission hear you say kill them... kill them?"

*he leaves the transmission open for a response*

• Emerald

"The Father of the Novy Sobor crazies tonight said that he does not care about the treaty we have. He is actively trying to indoctrinate Mila into his cult. If he does not care about this treaty? Then so be it. They will be the ones to regret this when their corrupt church comes crashing down around them. I urge all who hear this to take up arms against them. Remove them from this hellhole and..."

Jerry laughs to himself and responds

Already on it lad. already on it

He laughs and smiles before ending his transmission.

Damien looks over his rifle, keeping an eye out for infected while Autumn sleeps. Tuning his radio he hears the sound of an irishman's voice. Followed by a laugh. He puts down his rifle and quickly picks up his radio.

Jerry is that you? I'm glad to hear you are safe my friend! Sorry I got separated from you and Josie. Guess I'm a bit clumsy at times. Anyways I might be seeing you soon so stay alive out there. Try not to do anything crazy.

Josie sits admiring the shotgun and it's engraving that Jerry did for her. Her radio springs to life with Conor's transmission. A large smile crosses her face when she hears the last line.

Conor, it is good to hear your voice again, I guess the time has come for Mila to make her choice then. Who is this father anyway? Seems like a coward to me. I have a shiny new friend here that I cannot wait to use on them.

Damien... are you ok? Don't get into any trouble out there.

And finally who is this Russian on my radio? Do you live under a rock or something? To not know who the family and their maker is you must, what they do to people, innocent people! You need to get out there maybe, but stay out of our way, your naivety will get you killed.

She laughs to herself as she packs her things away. Time to find Jerry and the others..

• Legend

Paula is sitting by a hidden lake near a small town.

After she got dressed again she is brushing her hair with her fingers and binds a pigtail.

The radio to her feet, she is listening while smiling at Rick.

She takes the Radio and pushes the button.

"Paula here.

Josie, we need to start.

We can not wait any longer.

I want to kill them!

We need to meet.

The sooner, the better.

We need to bring the people together"

You can hear her yelling, the radio away from her mouth.

"Rick, careful! Behind you is a fucker"

"For now I am with Rick.

Meet me near Guglovo in the next 2 days"

With an ironic tone she says

"Stay safe my child"

A loud laugh from her and Rick in the backround before the radio turns silent.

Looking out on the horizon from the top of a mountain, she hears the transmission from Paula.

Josie looks over at Jerry and starts giggling, she has been waiting to hear from Paula and this was better then she expected.

She calmly responds with one word..

'Finally.'

*Quentin pulls his radio out of his bag, and continuously starts banging it against a tree to get it to work.

He sits on the lonesome hill. Hitting his radio, before he finally realizes that it has no batteries.

At this point, the continuous battering of his battery-less radio, destroyed the radio.

Out of frustration, Quentin lets out a scream.

This is when he realizes that he never needed a radio, as the ones he was attempting to contact, were 50 meters away from him laughing and pointing from a tree.

• Legend

Paula writes down some of her thoughts, while sitting in an empty barn.

She is reading the part she wrote about Josie maybe 2 weeks ago.

She is reading it a second and a third time.

She then takes her radio and searches for the correct frequenzy.

She takes a deep breath before she starts to speak.

With a very sad and depressing voice she says.

"I miss you Josie. I ...

...I really...

... I mean..

I really do miss you"

The radio goes silent and Paula tries to hold back the tears in her eyes.

George picks up his radio and starts talking into it.

"Looks like your gonna need a hand, count me in."

He calls over to Pat and the radio goes silent

Maciej turns on his radio after pondering on Conor's transmission for a few days

Hello.... Erm I'm not sure if you hear me. I don't use these things much, maybe the batteries are dead. These crazies you talk of we know the as "The Family" if they are the same people then they have blood on their hands. we hold them responsible for the death of 2 of our own. The one called Willow I think that's what the guys say she is called. I want her dead, I think our leader will be very happy if I was to kill her and prove to him that I have done this. He is not very happy with them. If these are the same people I will help you, I'm sure a few more of us will help if I tell them what I'm planning. My boss does not know of my plans...Yet. So for now lets keep this between us, You don't know me and I do not know you but that never mattes in times like this. The guys, they don't play very well with others but I can keep my cool. I have been thinking about your message for a few days now and I feel it is the right thing for me to do. The guys would be very happy with me. I will try to listen for your calls.

Maciej releases the button and slides the radio back into his vest.