Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 01:33

TS and new beginnings

RowdyDave

I've been on and off the server for a little bit now. Just been reading the forums often, enjoying stories and learning how the RP system works by reading ban appeals.

Although I'm looking for more out of my experience.

So I was wondering, if anyone experienced or otherwise can answer my questions.

How should someone new go about meeting people OOC (not IG) and what's a good way to make your name known around here?

I've been wanting to get on the teamspeak but a few questions I had were:

1. Do I have to be in character always in teamspeak?

2. If not or if so, which channels should I understand are IC only and which are some I could join just to talk and say hello?

Recently I've been lacking the confidence to mount my ideas, get on teamspeak and actually get in game. I feel like if I knew some people around here, not necessarily IC, that I could talk to I wouldn't be so nervous to hop in and roll out.

Any advice not specifically pertaining to what I'm mentioning here or any testimonials about others who found themselves in a shell would be great!

sic parvis magna - greatness from small beginnings and all that.

Much appreciated. :)

Guest Vittoria

2. If not or if so, which channels should I understand are IC only and which are some I could join just to talk and say hello?

1. No, not unless a certain channel has "IC" in the name, or the people in it want you to stay IC.

2. Most channels that are IC just have "IC" in the channel name, like i said above.

If you want to just say hello, theres a Pub/Meeting room under the AFK channel, theres also a LFG channel.

As said above you don't have to be in character in all channels but most channels say ic and that means there in game playing and want the conversation to stay about in character stuff. if you want to make friends with people and make a name just go on teamspeak and join an open channel and ask whats up and introduce yourself

Thanks for the advice so far guys, great stuff.

I'm going to try and hop on the TS later after I cook some food.

Answers quite a few of my questions!

Also thanks Ca11um I'm definitely going to be checking that post out!

If anyone else has any more advice PM me or let me know.

• Legend

Not all channels are in character the ones that are normally have an ic next to the name. As for making your name known ooc and making friends jump around the open channels in the teamspeak and spend some time posting on the forums.

• Emerald

1. No, not unless a certain channel has "IC" in the name, or the people in it want you to stay IC.

2. Most channels that are IC just have "IC" in the channel name, like i said above.

If you want to just say hello, theres a Pub/Meeting room under the AFK channel, theres also a LFG channel.

As said above you don't have to be in character in all channels but most channels say ic and that means there in game playing and want the conversation to stay about in character stuff. if you want to make friends with people and make a name just go on teamspeak and join an open channel and ask whats up and introduce yourself

As noted by these community members, you don't have to be IC in all channels but there are some groups that require...with that being said I am glad your questions have been answered:)

/solving

• Emerald
I feel like if I knew some people around here, not necessarily IC, that I could talk to I wouldn't be so nervous to hop in and roll out.

I know that feeling