Server time: 2018-11-16, 08:26 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
King Box

Blood's additions to the lore and characteristics

Just to start off, this doesn't alter the lore that dayZRP has, it merely adds onto it in (IMO) a non obtrusive way. This will most likely hold as a way to explain game mechanics and put then into the game realistically, you''ll see what i mean with the first section, but everything else will most likely be additions that you can add to your character him/herself.(Diseases, syndromes, traits, etc.) Okay let's get started!

Hacking Solution

Hacking Solution, which the name was chosen due to its similarities to people who would have the same abilities in a FPS, was a remedy made from the corrupt DNA of the undead, when taken, it give the following attributes: Going through walls, becoming invisible, being able to see any and all survivors, and the ability to make weapons and ammo out of thin air. The solution created a breakout of murders committed by the people who got a hold of the solution. Anyone who was noticed to be showing the following abilities were usually deemed instantly hostile by any survivors. They treat life like a game and mercilessly kill for loot from which they can just create out of thin air themselves. The Solution could have helped the world, but instead due to so much power, it always corrupted the user. People who use the Solution are known as "Hackers" by survivors.

The Outside World

Note: This can be ignored, and if used you should check it out yourself so that it can add to the authenticity of you character.

The outside world, or at least the bordering countries of Chernarus, have most likely been completely eviscerated by nuclear bombs to try to stop the undead virus. Everything beyond the boarders of Chernarus(that your player can see at least)is burnt dirt for miles.

Shutdown Syndrome

Note: Name most likely subject to change

Shutdown Syndrome is when after taking a good amount of hits the affected person with the syndrome falls unconscious and all of his/her organs shutdown, only to restart minutes, hours, or days later.(this would be used to explain why you are not dead after you died) Shutdown Syndrome also gives a vulnerability to other viruses during shutdown.(This could add an aspect to where your character slowly becomes a zombie due to this if you so choose)

That's it for now!

So your saying that the "Remedy" for the undead would cause a genetic rewrite of the persons anatomy, thus giving them incredible abilities at the price of their mental state being reduced to that of a child playing a game and not seeing the consequences of murder of their fellow man. Those who have partaken of this "Remedy" are to be stopped at all costs.

/moved to General Discussion

So your saying that the "Remedy" for the undead would cause a genetic rewrite of the persons anatomy, thus giving them incredible abilities at the price of their mental state being reduced to that of a child playing a game and not seeing the consequences of murder of their fellow man. Those who have partaken of this "Remedy" are to be stopped at all costs.

Exactly, the remedy and the lore behind it is just to make sure that rp isn't broken, though unless this thread wasn't seen by anyone else that could still happen :/

I don't think we need "RP" reasons for hackers, map limit and resarts IMO.

While I am impressed by your imagination, I have to disagree with this suggestions. The lore we currently follow is perfect just the way it is. It is written realistically for a zombie survival simulation and some of your suggestions would only steer it towards a more science fiction type lore. We just have to realize that some things that we experience such as hackers and whatnot just has to be ignored...

While I am impressed by your imagination, I have to disagree with this suggestions. The lore we currently follow is perfect just the way it is. It is written realistically for a zombie survival simulation and some of your suggestions would only steer it towards a more science fiction type lore. We just have to realize that some things that we experience such as hackers and whatnot just has to be ignored...

Or more specifically reported so that they can get booted away from us clean gentle folk playin by the rules.

Or more specifically reported so that they can get booted away from us clean gentle folk playin by the rules.

Yes, though this would be a way of pointing it out without necessarily breaking rp

Eh, the people that are doing the hacking are already breaking RP, and since immersion at that point has been slapped in the face with the reality, its best just to ignore it, and if you are recording, just to cut out those bits.

As for the invisible zombies and Kitty-Cat wall passing powers, having an explanation of that is going to be unnecessary soon as they will eventually fix the collision and the A.I to stop that from taking place. Once that happens you have completely peculiar lore that really changes the IC universe that exists. I have to agree with Jack on it.

In both that, your ideas are extraordinarily interesting, and quite clever, and that its best to ignore that stuff in game, as the lore purposely left the purpose and creation behind the zombies as vague.

You have an interesting definition of "non-obstrusive": These are some pretty -significant- changes you've listed up here.

Granted, its your own thing and last time I checked following the dayzrp lore is voluntary. But if you're trying to suggest that your version only has made some "mild" changes to the story that me and SumoS has tried to present then I would very much like to disagree.

The WORLD lore is perhaps the most notable part because you say everything beyond Chernarus is completly annihilated. I...cant even begin to describe how much that conflicts with the DayZRP lore. Im not even sure how you can consider such a massive detail a "non-alteration" of the established dayzrp lore. The world is in a stage of collapse and although there have been reports of a few nuclear weapons going on...to say that its all burnt to a crisp is a MASSIVE leap and a colossal change. Read the broadcasts if you wish more insight into this.

As for the hacker and shutdown syndromes, Im guessing these are things made to try and explain ingame phenomenon. Well its not necessary. This is a game, there will never be flawless realism and there will always be ingame elements that will violate sense. Coming up with those kind of excuses just seems like a very weird step to make, and an unnecessary one that can also be horribly abused. Especielly since both those "syndromes" can easily be adapted by other characters and used for powerRP.

Since this is a lore matter I figured I'd respond. I may come across as harsh in this message and if it upsets you, then my apologies. But I saw the need to be quite frank with this. If you wanted the lore creators blessing to sort of officially latch this onto the dayzrp lore then im afraid you dont have it. Wether you actually NEED that is a matter that can greatly be debated. Its a bit uncertain to me just to what extent the dayzrp staff intend to enforce the established dayzrp lore, and if they do then you would need that consent. If not, then fire away as you see fit. Even if it creates some pretty wild inconsistency issues.

TLDR: Nope.

Ok, thank you Tomeran for the input, i understand completely, just was something that popped up in my head and though i would post it, wasn't very fleshed out i'd have to say. and given its flaws you may delete. i myself would but i guess i do not have the authorization so. :/

Honestly, for preservation and continued discussion, I wouldn't say to ask to close the post. Even if it not considered official lore, it is still a neat idea, and no doubt a chance for a fun discussion, which the boards are always happy to have!

k, Thanks Dav for your feedback also!