Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 02:15

Kinda sick but for role play?.....

Guest Dr. Nick

Guest Dr. Nick

Ok i have a couple of ideas. We now live in a broken society but there seems to be a lack of mentally insane people running around, now i think it would be cool if we could gut and harvest people and even use the gutting as a way to kill off your opponent i mean think about it watch Hollywood for awhile, no government or stable rule creates phycotics. For rp reasons granted this should be only possible with the chloroform as it wuld be fairly hard to gut a person not willing to donate there thigh meat. However this brings me to my other suggestion is knock out blow darts for incapacitating your victim and dragging them away to your lair it would make night time very creepy knowing there are smarter things out there willing to mutilate you i know im messed up but i thought i would put it out there as i would personaly stay in a building with my ak scared :P

Guest Dr. Nick

Yees, I support this motion where I could eat your liver with some canned beans and nice mountain dew. Fefefefefefefefe.

I was also thinking about more traps like gravity snares that grab you and hang you the only way to get down would be with a knife what about that? or death...

• MVP

I think there are more pressing features to be implemented and bugs to be fixed by the dev team that need to be completed before something to this level of... RP... should be looked at.

Guest Dr. Nick

...you mean tree snares?

Yes exactly like in rundown

yes sky "rolls eyes" lol ik but i thought it would be neat when they fix it because i find it kinda dumb the only way to be ambushed is at gunpoint when i would be trapping them like bunnys :P "mostly bandits"

Guest Dr. Nick

:no:

:P

Trolling:

The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly pissing people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue.

In all honesty, this sounds as if it came from an 8 year old's mind. First off, as you've said in a lot of your applications, you're an actual programmer. (What do you program btw? Sorry to get off topic.)

Anyways, if you are indeed an actual programmer you would know how painstakingly hard it would be to design something that isn't even in the game, albeit, you could modify an existing item and risk the numerous bugs that follow.

There was absolutely no thought put into this suggestion, I don't mean to sound so harsh, so please don't take this offensive. It's more of constructive criticism.

Guest Dr. Nick

In all honesty, this sounds as if it came from an 8 year old's mind. First off, as you've said in a lot of your applications, you're an actual programmer. (What do you program btw? Sorry to get off topic.)

Anyways, if you are indeed an actual programmer you would know how painstakingly hard it would be to design something that isn't even in the game, albeit, you could modify an existing item and risk the numerous bugs that follow.

There was absolutely no thought put into this suggestion, I don't mean to sound so harsh, so please don't take this offensive. It's more of constructive criticism.

Well honestly i was throwing the idea out there that was all jeez i don't do scripting and i honestly dont really consider taht programming unless you are building the code from the ground up i am an ASP.net WEB designer also know CSS WordPress Joomla Drupal ect ect i have helped build many web sites

for example

also helped build that so yes i am very aware of the painstaking hours it takes to program and the many face desks that it is involved in.

also may i add i built all the code from scratch and did not use a drag and drop program Microsoft Visual studio 2012 professional for the win!

And no i hadn't thought about the kos rule but figured good role play along with an abduction would be thrilling especially if you get away

• Emerald

I want, but I don't want it to happen to me D=. I fear SDS will run out of Chicken and turn to Survivors.

Guest Dr. Nick

I want, but I don't want it to happen to me D=. I fear SDS will run out of Chicken and turn to Survivors.

I was like (0_0) then i went bwahahahaha

Guest Dr. Nick

no no not the body parts just have the body guttable so you can eat the meat like a cannible and we could start a bouty list and what ever but im not getting good vibes from the crowd so i guess you can consider this thread closed :P

• MVP

nobody have any comments on the tree snares aye?

Not exactly sure how tree snares would work, but I could imagine something like a taser or tranquilliser gun working, if implemented correctly.

Guest Dr. Nick

no no not the body parts just have the body guttable so you can eat the meat like a cannibal and we could start a bounty list and what ever but im not getting good vibes from the crowd so i guess you can consider this thread closed :P

You're a web developer. I'm a Game Artist [with video game coding experience]. Let's compare!

Body parts?

Possible. Simply change some variables in how someone can interact with a dead corpse. But then you have to ask yourself:

1. Why bother?

2. Is the altered scripts worth the headache of possibly breaking other functions when dealing with a corpse in Arma 2?

3. Is the degree of work required equal or better than how many people would be interested in using the new commands - Eg: Are you the only one interested in being a cannibal?

Personally, unless it's absolutely groundbreaking and will add an element unseen in a mod before, it's probably not worth the effort. It's far more productive - and efficient - to work on the problems the devs already have, and not add more to the plate.

Gutted/Edible body? Let's not.

PS: Guttable isn't a word.

Tree Snares?

You're talking about coding dynamics into the game that might not be possible, at least not without heavy modification to numerous existing physic-based elements and programming lines.

Not only do you have to create the item in a 3D sense, as you likely won't be able to adapt existing items for the task, you would also be required to ensure the mechanics behind the item are sound and relatively bug-free.

The fact you would be implementing a new item, along with such effects as:

- Varying weight mechanics [player, zombie, animal, vehicle, environmental object, etc]

- Physics mechanics/rendering

- Rag-dolling

- Trap activation/deactivation

- Character model rigging and animation adjustments for being hung upside down, pulled up, dropped down, etc

- Methods of interacting with said snare [As victim, as owner, as external player, as zombie, as animal, etc, etc]

Means you will be spending a great deal of time on the purpose.

Adjusting game coding isn't as simple as shifting the placement of a header element in HTML. It takes developers months, sometime years, to get elements working in a game - especially ones as limited as Arma 2's engine, which is very strict and buggy as it is, let alone with all of the above added in for one little item.

I recall a mod I worked on, which involved a weapon that shot two tethers of rope from a 't' shaped barrel - it allowed a player to place a trip wire from one wall to another, or on the ceiling and ground, etc. This took us MONTHS - and this was our task for that entire time, let alone real life obligations on top of that - and even then it was prone to being buggy.

Tree snares? Let's not.

You're a web developer. I'm a Game Artist [with video game coding experience]. Let's compare!

Body parts?

Possible. Simply change some variables in how someone can interact with a dead corpse. But then you have to ask yourself:

1. Why bother?

2. Is the altered scripts worth the headache of possibly breaking other functions when dealing with a corpse in Arma 2?

3. Is the degree of work required equal or better than how many people would be interested in using the new commands - Eg: Are you the only one interested in being a cannibal?

Personally, unless it's absolutely groundbreaking and will add an element unseen in a mod before, it's probably not worth the effort. It's far more productive - and efficient - to work on the problems the devs already have, and not add more to the plate.

Gutted/Edible body? Let's not.

PS: Guttable isn't a word.

Tree Snares?

You're talking about coding dynamics into the game that might not be possible, at least not without heavy modification to numerous existing physic-based elements and programming lines.

Not only do you have to create the item in a 3D sense, as you likely won't be able to adapt existing items for the task, you would also be required to ensure the mechanics behind the item are sound and relatively bug-free.

The fact you would be implementing a new item, along with such effects as:

- Varying weight mechanics [player, zombie, animal, vehicle, environmental object, etc]

- Physics mechanics/rendering

- Rag-dolling

- Trap activation/deactivation

- Character model rigging and animation adjustments for being hung upside down, pulled up, dropped down, etc

- Methods of interacting with said snare [As victim, as owner, as external player, as zombie, as animal, etc, etc]

Means you will be spending a great deal of time on the purpose.

Adjusting game coding isn't as simple as shifting the placement of a header element in HTML. It takes developers months, sometime years, to get elements working in a game - especially ones as limited as Arma 2's engine, which is very strict and buggy as it is, let alone with all of the above added in for one little item.

I recall a mod I worked on, which involved a weapon that shot two tethers of rope from a 't' shaped barrel - it allowed a player to place a trip wire from one wall to another, or on the ceiling and ground, etc. This took us MONTHS - and this was our task for that entire time, let alone real life obligations on top of that - and even then it was prone to being buggy.

Tree snares? Let's not.

^^ This

I want a pair of maniacs to lure bambis into a farm house, then butcher them with hatchets. happened to me once, as soon as they convinced me to come with them and they started hacking me to death, all i could do was lololololol and tell them before i died "well played gentlemen"

(this was on a public hive lol)

To: Reacher

I dont see why we can't gut other peoples bodies for food. Dayz 2017 implemented it. cant be THAT complicated.

Guest Marcus Williams

You don't need game developers to make to make it able to gut human bodies, I've seen it on a lot of modded servers