Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 16:50

French Foreign Legion

For my original RP story I chose a merc from the FFL. I got stranded here because of a botched mission. I figured it would be pretty cool to form a loosely organized remnant of the FFL from other members on botched missions running into eachother or possible groups sent in to retrieve team members getting stranded as well.

• Sapphire

Nice, hope you are not as corrupt as the persons who create a FFL group and start robbing everyone because they lost their... honor.

nawh man, I hate being a robber or other such professions. its the same thing all the time and its so boring. I think it'd be cool to continue on as merc. Be hired by players to help carry out tasks. There isn't any legal tender in the game so we'd probably get payed with like food and such

of course this is just an idea at the moment as my whitelist app hasn't been accepted. I really really hope it gets accepted. I have big plans for the RP world of DayZ!

Playing a legionnaire too.. Cause France tu comprends?

Bref as they say. I just said that I am native to Chernarus since you know.. Legionnairs have to be foreign, thus you can easily be a native to Chernarus and have returned to check on your family just before the closed borders.

Anyways why would the FFL be here? It wouldn't make any sense. If we say that the FFL is here we can say that the French Army was here, then the Germans, Americans and then the rest of NATO and then it's going to be super soldier server. Basically by saying FFL was here we can officially say the french forces were in Chernarus cause FFL regiments are merged with normal french military regiments. If this is indeed not the official FFl and just a Merc that was part if them then why not just say you are some random merc group?

Bref as they say. I just said that I am native to Chernarus since you know.. Legionnairs have to be foreign, thus you can easily be a native to Chernarus and have returned to check on your family just before the closed borders.

Anyways why would the FFL be here? It wouldn't make any sense. If we say that the FFL is here we can say that the French Army was here, then the Germans, Americans and then the rest of NATO and then it's going to be super soldier server.

In my backstory we are here because we are being payed to rescue HVTs. I don't know if this is exactly what the FFL does, I know who and what they are but I don't know them as well as I probably should. I had originally planned on using blackwater but the FFL sounded like a better option to go with. Any merc group involved with extraction of HVTs from hostile territories could have fit this slot. I am honestly really naïve on the subject and should have probably have done more research, but I do know the FFL are mercs and I know they are among, if not the most elite merc company in the world.

I think you need to read the group requirements tbh. The legion wouldn't be here before the army turned up. Nice idea but it just doesn't work.

I just figured it would make since for people to want to pay to have people extracted from the quarantine zone. I didn't mean for the Legion to be here in force by any means. Just missions that involved getting in and out. The idea probably could've used more thought before I posted it. I got excited and jumped the gun though.

sorry to future everyone who sees this. I should've put more time into the idea before posting. I'll see about doing some research after I get out of classes today and maybe coming back with a better idea, hopefully involving the Legion.

Anyways why would the FFL be here? It wouldn't make any sense. If we say that the FFL is here we can say that the French Army was here, then the Germans, Americans and then the rest of NATO and then it's going to be super soldier server.

In my backstory we are here because we are being payed to rescue HVTs. I don't know if this is exactly what the FFL does, I know who and what they are but I don't know them as well as I probably should. I had originally planned on using blackwater but the FFL sounded like a better option to go with. Any merc group involved with extraction of HVTs from hostile territories could have fit this slot. I am honestly really naïve on the subject and should have probably have done more research, but I do know the FFL are mercs and I know they are among, if not the most elite merc company in the world.

No..no.. The FFL is a group which had about 5 regiment in the french army.. If you used a quick google people call them mercs but they aren't. It is clearly said on their applications you can't have any previous crimes or whatsoever. Link : http://foreignlegion.info/joining/

So not at all mercs. I know this because my brither served in the legion for 5 years. Anyways not mercs at all, should do a lot more research on the FFl other then watching a youtube video or wikipedias in my PoV. Also gives the FFL a bad name and ruins the image of FFL.. Anyways FFL has no reason to intervene in Chernarus. They have never been there so I don't see any possible HVTs they might need to extract.

I think you need to read the group requirements tbh. The legion wouldn't be here before the army turned up. Nice idea but it just doesn't work.

I just figured it would make since for people to want to pay to have people extracted from the quarantine zone. I didn't mean for the Legion to be here in force by any means. Just missions that involved getting in and out. The idea probably could've used more thought before I posted it. I got excited and jumped the gun though.

sorry to future everyone who sees this. I should've put more time into the idea before posting. I'll see about doing some research after I get out of classes today and maybe coming back with a better idea, hopefully involving the Legion.

Then why not something alone the same lines but a merc group for a private contractor? Then you don't have the ties of a country behind you and gives you a lot more freedom with you backstory.

Just to slightly correct :P usually they send legionnaires first because they sre considered grunts, but army comes very swiftly behind them. At least in WW1 and WW2

No..no.. The FFL is a group which had about 5 regiment in the french army.. If you used a quick google people call them mercs but they aren't. It is clearly said on their applications you can't have any previous crimes or whatsoever. Link : http://foreignlegion.info/joining/

So not at all mercs. I know this because my brither served in the legion for 5 years. Anyways not mercs at all, should do a lot more research on the FFl other then watching a youtube video or wikipedias in my PoV. Also gives the FFL a bad name and ruins the image of FFL.. Anyways FFL has no reason to intervene in Chernarus. They have never been there so I don't see any possible HVTs they might need to extract.

I saw them on a show on the military channel here ( I live on the East Coast of the US) Guess I should've done more research then. I apologize for the ignorance. I guess I'll have to find another group then, or maybe I'll just have to change my RP story. Thanks for the input and the eye opener.

Any ideas of a good private contractor? I'd prefer not to use Blackwater, not that I have anything against them, but using that idea seems a bit cliché and I haven't heard of many big name groups like them.

Please do me a favor though.. Don't just steal the ENTIRE LEGION. Take 1 of the regiments.. There is engineering, paratroopers , and infantry that are active still. Kina like me saying I am taking over the entire CDF ir US army.

Please do me a favor though.. Don't just steal the ENTIRE LEGION. Take 1 of the regiments.. There is engineering, paratroopers , and infantry that are active still. Kina like me saying I am taking over the entire CDF ir US army.

again, sorry for my ignorance. I should've put more time and effort into it. I respect the Legion and I didn't mean to offend.

again, sorry for my ignorance. I should've put more time and effort into it. I respect the Legion and I didn't mean to offend.

You haven't offened anyone mate, do what you want, make what you want, just a lot more effort haha. Good luck mate

You haven't offened anyone mate, do what you want, make what you want, just a lot more effort haha. Good luck mate

Exactly this :)

• Sapphire

OP, creating a group has requirements that need to be filled.

These can be found here http://www.dayzrp.com/t-group-requirements-updated-08-01-2015

You need to update your thread or otherwise it will be archieved as it doesn't meet the requirements.

These can be found here http://www.dayzrp.com/t-group-requirements-updated-08-01-2015

You need to update your thread or otherwise it will be archieved as it doesn't meet the requirements.

sorry I didn't think that any rules had to be followed, I misinterpreted this as just an ideas section. It should be deleted or taken down or something as I don't plan on revising it until its picture perfect and with my current schedule that can take some time.

Is there a way for me to take down the thread or is that out of my control?

sorry I didn't think that any rules had to be followed, I misinterpreted this as just an ideas section. It should be deleted or taken down or something as I don't plan on revising it until its picture perfect and with my current schedule that can take some time.

It can be archived if you wish, you must ask the staff through PMs or on the thread.

It can be archived if you wish, you must ask the staff through PMs or on the thread.

will simply leaving a reply saying "Admins please Archive this" work?

will simply leaving a reply saying "Admins please Archive this" work?

Yes, I think Masulii a mod will close it within a few seconds.

• Sapphire

/archiving as the OP has requested it