Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 16:28

Starting over when logs arrive? Not RP reset but a server wipe.

Grihm

We are just a few days short of having the logs arriving, and i was thinking if that might be a good time to do a proper reset of everything.

Servers, characters and all. Just "click reset" and start fresh.

As it is now, some people may not be the most honest in how they got hold of things etc, and a server reset is due eventually anyways.

So, could this be as good time as any?

Also, if you don´t agree, please add a reason as well because a simple "no" is not constrictive in any way.

Edit: I am talking about a wipe. No RP reset or anything but a reset of the servers and gear and all that.

• Sapphire

-snip-

I read it wrong, thought you meant in terms of lore... Oops I'm an idiot :P...

I don't think it's a bad idea though, wouldn't mind seeing it reset, especially if persistence is turned back on.

Pretty sure that when 0.53 comes there will be a character wipe. As for getting gear, not very difficult when persistent is off

• Sapphire

There's a wipe soon anyway, I don't see much point.

• MVP

No.

:troll:

But nah seriously, many people have groups going or characters that have evolved over the last months and they shouldn't be wiped. Besides which it's close enough to the beginning still that restarting wouldnt really change anything

• Sapphire

What exactly do you mean with a proper reset?

Characters are most likely going to be reset by the devs with the next patch.

If you want a RP character reset, so everybody starts with a new character, I got to disagree. A lot of things have happened and I don't think people want to lose their character's memories again. We had a reset back in October after all.

• Sapphire

When the update comes, it doesn't matter, we are getting a reset. We might as well wait for it, no need for a reset before a reset.

• MVP

I am talking about a wipe. No RP reset or anything but a reset of the servers and gear and all that. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah!

Then it that case it's quite likely there will be a global wipe anyway so I guess we shall see

• Legend

I thought everything was going to wipe anyway with the latest patch?

I am talking about a wipe. No RP reset or anything but a reset of the servers and gear and all that. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah!

Then it that case it's quite likely there will be a global wipe anyway so I guess we shall see

Awesome. Feels like the perfect time to clean up and start over with logs to monitor it all =)

Looking forward to it.

• MVP

What exactly is there to wipe at the moment aside from characters? We don't have persistence enabled currently so the loot is refreshed every restart as it is. And I've heard two sides of the story in terms of a player wipe. Some state it will be a clean slate while others think its only a roll back... I haven't seen anywhere though (official) that's stated there will be a 100% chance of a character wipe... So I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I'd like to keep my blood type O- xD my gear.... I can live without that :3

• Sapphire

Running trade i find it insanely easy to gear up, to be honest i'm hoping for a wipe because its kinda fun to gear back up again

Your definition of fun is not my definition of fun.

Spend 2 hours gearing up, get mobbed by zombies, pass out after bandaging, only to lay there until dead.

Spend next three hours trying to gear up again, can't even find a Sporter .22

Guest Vittoria

Running trade i find it insanely easy to gear up, to be honest i'm hoping for a wipe because its kinda fun to gear back up again

Spend 2 hours gearing up, get mobbed by zombies, pass out after bandaging, only to lay there until dead.

You're doing something wrong... its not that hard.

• Sapphire

It takes you that long to get gear... Wow. There has to be something you're not doing that could probably help. Like looking for people, going to places otherwise you wouldn't find people, even going to military bases, just go anywhere so you could someone and they can help you. 3 hours is a lot of time to be searching for things and not finding anything. I don't even know how that is possible.

• Sapphire

It takes you that long to get gear... Wow. There has to be something you're not doing that could probably help. Like looking for people, going to places otherwise you wouldn't find people, even going to military bases, just go anywhere so you could someone and they can help you. 3 hours is a lot of time to be searching for things and not finding anything. I don't even know how that is possible.

I consistently hit up towns and my experiences with people are generally 'drop weps 10 secs'. Not fun.

Man im sorry for your luck, i recommend cherno to kamenka then all the way to nw hitting every military base and police station along the way

• Sapphire

Man im sorry for your luck, i recommend cherno to kamenka then all the way to nw hitting every military base and police station along the way

That's my usual route, actually. Always seem to die at the southern military base in the woods, or in Zeleno due to bandits/glitches.

• Emerald

nooo my five UN helmets and 3 berets

• Sapphire

I consistently hit up towns and my experiences with people are generally 'drop weps 10 secs'. Not fun.

If someone pulls a DWTS robbery on you, record it and report them. That's not acceptable here. Same goes with people robbing you of items they don't have any need for just for the sake of robbing you.

• Sapphire

If someone pulls a DWTS robbery on you, record it and report them. That's not acceptable here. Same goes with people robbing you of items they don't have any need for just for the sake of robbing you.

Can't record until I get my new PC set up. And reports currently are useless without logs, as such.

Gimme blue UN helmet plix.

• Emerald

Can't record until I get my new PC set up. And reports currently are useless without logs, as such.

Gimme blue UN helmet plix.

noz da mine

• Sapphire

noz da mine

Then you're not getting my jar of dirt!