Server time (UTC): 2022-10-06 17:19

[PC] Pepe's Children

Pepe

• Emerald

So many have been asking to join me lately, I have also lightly mentioned grouping IC ingame and the response seems to be positive, also I am enjoying alot of group play with my friends, but we keep having the problem of others joining into our teamspeak for no reason, so the draws of having a group is really becoming apparent, so I present my idea for Pepe's Children!(Name not final)

Backstory and lore

So many of you know of Pepe, for those of you who do not know ill sum it up, he's a friendly bisexual south african warlord with a skeptical view on Nigerians and their proximity to car stereos, his past is muddled, but from what is gathered from rumor and Pepe himself, he used to be a warlord in south africa(of all places), running blood diamonds, khat, other drugs, car stereos and contraband of any value to finance his crusade against the "Badmen"(Identity unknown).

To fight this crusade against persons unknown(possibly the CIA), Pepe employs child soldiers, who come willingly into his service, due to his friendliness Pepe is never short on manpower, it is a rare trait in the war torn land he is from(I am aware south africa is not war torn, but thereinlies the fun, what is being written here is not nesecarily true, but derived from Pepe), he crashlanded in chernarus while flying to Finland with a shipment of Khat(drug) he and his french bodyguard Toto are the only known survivors of the crash, after realizing the region had been locked in by the military, Pepe soon turned his attention away from going home, to ridding Chernarus of "the badmen" instead! Now Pepe calls his former child soldiers(many of whom are now adults) into service again!

Goals and purpose

• To provide some funny but serious RP
  • To provide a trading post/safe haven alternative to GM with RP focus
  • Contributing to the ongoing story of DayZRP
  • Arranging events that are enjoyable and in flow with the game
  • Ridding chernarus of "the badmen"
  • Make chernarus a better place for all the "goodmen"
  • Coming up with interesting situations to create in the wild for other players to stumble upon
  • Questgiving
  • Trying to alter the flow of gameplay in DayZRP to improve RP and gameplay for everyone.

These are just my preliminary ideas, feel free to pitch in, as you can see this group will be mostly RP oriented, we are not about starting fights or seeking out trouble, its more about what kind of situations can we create that would be awesome to stumble upon in a game, being like the servers main "Interesting NPC" group, mainly focusing on maintaining a "trading post" and going out into the wild just to create situations in random places for everyones enjoyment!

Hope you guys like it!

• Emerald

The RP behind this seems like trolling and bad stereotyping. I would't think staff would approve of child soldiers as well even if they are grown up.

zV2lOi3.png

• Emerald

The RP behind this seems like trolling and bad stereotyping. I would't think staff would approve of child soldiers as well even if they are grown up.

zV2lOi3.png

How is the RP trolling? The character himself is very well recieved both ingame and in-stream, have had absolutely no trouble whatsoever with being accused of trolling, and Ive run into many in the staff, who have also watched my stream.

Dunno about the child soldier thing tho, if its too much its too much, I won't debate it, but it seems to be within reason to me.

Was there not a group of mexican drug dealers in a cartel back in the days of the mod? How is this any different?

• Diamond

Isn't South Africa a developed country? Pretty sure most warlords come from the central Africa region.

• Emerald

Isn't South Africa a developed country? Pretty sure most warlords come from the central Africa region.

Yup, its very developed, hence the humor and inherent untrustworthyness of the character himself.

Here's a video that should demonstrate Pepe as a character if we haven't met ingame

[video=youtube]

Guest UncleBeaver

Sorry to say, I don't see this group going far at all.

I suggest putting in more time into the lore and more details because all im seeing is African druglord crashes in chernarus, wants to rebel against cdf because he was a prisoner of them with a child army. I mean I think this "pepe" guy will have other worries other than trying to get revenge on cdf.

• Emerald

Sorry to say, I don't see this group going far at all.

Maybe try something actually making something that fits the lore. Why would a child army or even south Africans be doing in chernarus.

You have a point, but in all fairness not everyone will be child soldiers, might also drop the whole thing and call them mercenaries, they would come for Pepe of course! Their beloved warlord ;) Anyways nothing is final, just putting something up for us who are playing together to work out from.

• Sapphire

Their beloved warlord ;)

SDS 2.0? :troll:

My criticism here isn't with the character, you RP him well as clearly seen in your video. Something I would raise much as others have too is the clear clash with the lore, Africa is not near enough to Chernarus to allow you amnesty from not explaining his journey here in the manner you have, something you really need to add is an explanation on his ability to do so.

On top of which, the back story itself doesn't seem to take itself seriously, it's a story rather than a comedy sketch and while you can work some humor in between the lines, explaining a well written story should take priority. Apart from everything I just said, I'd welcome this character and any kind of clan he forms into the world openly, you just have to do him justice.

• Emerald

Your backstory needs allot of work.

The typical "crashlanding" is a bit of typical steotypeing. Why would a druglord got to Finland himself? And not one of his associates?

And of all other places that a plane would crash, it had to be Cerhnarus? It's a bit cheesy to say the least...

So all that aside, you landed in Chernorus with one assosciate. And you are gonna start a quarrel with the Chernorussian Defence Forces? The badies?

To sum up: Two South African War/Druglord crashlanded in Chernarus and are starting a quarrel with the CDF.

I think it still needs some work...

• Emerald

Their beloved warlord ;)

SDS 2.0? :troll:

My criticism here isn't with the character, you RP him well as clearly seen in your video. Something I would raise much as others have too is the clear clash with the lore, Africa is not near enough to Chernarus to allow you amnesty from not explaining his journey here in the manner you have, something you really need to add is an explanation on his ability to do so.

On top of which, the back story itself doesn't seem to take itself seriously, it's a story rather than a comedy sketch and while you can work some humor in between the lines, explaining a well written story should take priority. Apart from everything I just said, I'd welcome this character and any kind of clan he forms into the world openly, you just have to do him justice.

This is good, I agree with you there, I will work a bit more on it then quote you for good measure once its done, thanks for the feedback!

• Sapphire

-Snip-

I'd love to take a read when you're done, good luck. :)

• Emerald

Your backstory needs allot of work.

The typical "crashlanding" is a bit of typical steotypeing. Why would a druglord got to Finland himself? And not one of his associates?

And of all other places that a plane would crash, it had to be Cerhnarus? It's a bit cheesy to say the least...

So all that aside, you landed in Chernorus with one assosciate. And you are gonna start a quarrel with the Chernorussian Defence Forces? The badies?

To sum up: Two South African War/Druglord crashlanded in Chernarus and are starting a quarrel with the CDF.

I think it still needs some work...

Yeah the crashlanding is a bit typical I know, and Pepe went himself to visit his friends, the whole purpose of Pepe for me is to try something different than the typical "military dude" for RP also to add a character who is a bit funny, but can also go the serious way, still trying to find the middle ground there but Im working on it, I have a "story arc" worked out for Pepe but as you point out the backstory needs some work, its just something that was winged but with some wiggle work I guess it could improve.

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

HOW DARE YE?!!!

INFRINGING UPON THE REALM OF THE GREAT GIMANJI HIMSELF?

THERE IS ONLY ONE TRUE WARLORD GIMANJI!

MEN OF GIMANJI! GATHER YOUR ARMS! DON YOUR LIONSKIN ROBES!

LET'S FUCK SOME SHIT UP! IN THE NAME OF GIMANJI!!!

at least when he comes back from his "break"

• Emerald

Love your character, that wouldn't be the problem here. Child soldiers are a no go. Couple of people got permabanned for putting it in a thread and trying to argue it wasn't a big deal. You could keep the name, or maybe call it Pepe's Militia, but I would just remove the whole child soldiers thing all together for good measure.

This is a great group. If you all take a second to read the thread again, you will notice that the explanation of the group derives directly from Pepe.. Which indicates it might not be true. Who knows? RP with Pepe and try to find out who he really is. Is he a south-african warlord or a man with a big imagination? Did he really have "child-soldiers" and if he did, why has he employed a french bodyguard? Hmph. This offers a lot of roleplay, so instead of throwing stool around the room, try to RP with Pepe. He is a great RP'er. Also, don't take the name too serious, because it is a word often used to describe followers of religious groups. Not saying this is a religious groups, but it would be the same as calling the group "Pepe's followers". Thanks for reading this.

For the back story, one of the easiest I can imagine was coming to soviet satellite countries to pick up arms in exchange for drugs from your country country. And if it was a small enough operation, and one of your men were killed that handled that aspect of your business, you would end up having to do it yourself. That way you can ditch the crashed plane idea with a "my plane is on the other side of the blockade and your dislike of the CDF stems from them trying to stop your arms/ drug smuggling, but now that shit has hit the fan only those who know of you are looking for you.

As for the group, I think just starting it as a militia, and trying to set up your own cut of the land, or even gathering enough forces to take with you back on your plane so that you can go rid your country of the infestation if it is there. Imagine the number of people that would flock to the roleplay opportunity to play desperate survivors that hear you have a working plane.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sapphire

Don't quite understand why everyone has to "super cereal" just because it's the apocalypse. IRL, I usually take a lot of things and make jokes out of them, even life threatening incidents or ordeals, or otherwise emotional things on myself or others. If you make jokes in game, everyone jumps on the band wagon of "Oh, he's a troll." -Slams head against the keyboard in order to make a report-

I tried being "the funny guy" and got flak for it, and I wasn't even close to trolling. Maybe it was the excessive amount of jokes I made. I'm subtle now.

Anyways. This reminds me of the SDS, I've seen videos of them, and they were pretty good at role-playing from my perspective.

Good luck though.

So many have been asking to join me lately, I have also lightly mentioned grouping IC ingame and the response seems to be positive, also I am enjoying alot of group play with my friends, but we keep having the problem of others joining into our teamspeak for no reason, so the draws of having a group is really becoming apparent, so I present my idea for Pepe's Children!(Name not final)

Backstory and lore

So many of you know of Pepe, for those of you who do not know ill sum it up, he's a friendly bisexual south african warlord with a skeptical view on Nigerians and their proximity to car stereos, his past is muddled, but from what is gathered from rumor and Pepe himself, he used to be a warlord in south africa(of all places), running blood diamonds, khat, other drugs, car stereos and contraband of any value to finance his crusade against the "Badmen"(Identity unknown).

To fight this crusade against persons unknown(possibly the CIA), Pepe employs child soldiers, who come willingly into his service, due to his friendliness Pepe is never short on manpower, it is a rare trait in the war torn land he is from(I am aware south africa is not war torn, but thereinlies the fun, what is being written here is not nesecarily true, but derived from Pepe), he crashlanded in chernarus while flying to Finland with a shipment of Khat(drug) he and his french bodyguard Toto are the only known survivors of the crash, after realizing the region had been locked in by the military, Pepe soon turned his attention away from going home, to ridding Chernarus of "the badmen" instead! Now Pepe calls his former child soldiers(many of whom are now adults) into service again!

Good lord man, do you know of a revolutionary type of punctuation knows as a "period". I'm no grammar policeman but my brain almost imploded when I was finished reading this. Anyways, the idea seems interesting at best and I don't see the Admin.'s allowing this to go through.

• 2 weeks later...
  • MVP

Any update on this? Is it still an active clan?

• Emerald

No its just a WIP, since so many are saying No-no to the child soldier thing I am reworking the whole thing, but I have been busy with Twitch, and the inmates and getting my youtube channel partnered lately, but its not forgotten!

• MVP

No its just a WIP, since so many are saying No-no to the child soldier thing I am reworking the whole thing, but I have been busy with Twitch, and the inmates and getting my youtube channel partnered lately, but its not forgotten!

Fair enough, would you like this archived or kept aroudn for now? If archived you can ask for it back at any time :)

Guest Malcavitch

Just an idea for the lore pepe. You could use the prison island for part of your lore... Maybe you had a deal with the warden to bring in fresh arms for his employees or maybe you where smuggling drugs to a source for the prison inmates themselves but due to weather conditions or military presence your cargo ship crashes just off the island which leaves you stranded as the military lock down chernarus. Just a few ideas for your lore.

• Emerald

Just an idea for the lore pepe. You could use the prison island for part of your lore... Maybe you had a deal with the warden to bring in fresh arms for his employees or maybe you where smuggling drugs to a source for the prison inmates themselves but due to weather conditions or military presence your cargo ship crashes just off the island which leaves you stranded as the military lock down chernarus. Just a few ideas for your lore.

there are other plans for the prison lore wise that I do now want to interfere with

• 2 weeks later...