Server time (UTC): 2022-10-07 02:10

Trolling/Harassment - Permanent Ban

Guest Egg

I did post this appeal around 12 hours ago, however it was ignored. I believe it was due to the fact that I formatted the appeal wrong.

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://imgur.com/pDzabib

Why the verdict is not fair: The term 'trolling' is a very loose term, however I realise what I may have been doing could count as trolling and I realise where I went wrong.

I believe this claim of me 'harassing' the other members is to be false. I was never told to leave a room in TS. Nobody ever told me to stop talking to them. If a member told me that I was being rather rude/annoying I would have promptly apologised and left. Therefore, I was never lead to believe that I was harassing anyone.

Describing my actions as "constant trolling and harassment" is also rather unfair. I was never 'constantly' on teamspeak, hence I could not be "constantly trolling." I have only visited the TeamSpeak servers twice during my time here, and only spoke for around 20-30 minutes each time.

As to saying that I had 'previous warning' of this, is also untrue. I have never had a forceful warning, an admin never told me to stop.

The closest thing I've had to a warning was yesterday, when I was speaking to fellow members. An admin (Rampage) came into the TS room I was in and told me there had been a report of me 'trolling.' I was shocked and realised that what I had done could be classed as trolling. I went into the person that I had 'trolled's room and apologised for my actions. The member accepted my apology and Rampage seemed rather content. I made sure everything was fine between everyone, and I told Rampage it would not continue.

I then left the room and logged off of TS.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

After my apology and conversation with Rampage, I logged onto the forums several hours later to find out my forum and TS account had been banned. I was also removed from the DayZRP whitelist., depsite the fact that I thought that everything had been sorted between the person I had 'trolled' and Rampage.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I realise where and how I went wrong with my behaviour and I realise now that I shall never do it again. I realise my behaviour was wrong, hence I should not go un-punished.

I would like a reduction in my ban duration - possibly shortened to 2 weeks or so. After that time, to be re-whitelisted on the DayZRP servers and un-banned on the forums. Having a permanent TeamSpeak ban seems plausible as I have indeed 'trolled' a member.

What could you have done better?:

Ultimately, I came here to RP with my fellow DayZ players and not to troll anyone. If I ever get unbanned from the TS servers I will stay well clear of them so as to avoid any future trolling and I shall only enter if an admin wishes to speak to me/hear my POV.

I realise where I went wrong and will definitely never repeat my actions again.

Regards,

Egg

• Legend

Apart from your behavior on team-speak it appears you harassed a member of this community via private messages. This create a very obvious and distinct pattern that shows me that you have no regard for this community.

Apart from your behavior on team-speak it appears you harassed a member of this community via private messages. This create a very obvious and distinct pattern that shows me that you have no regard for this community.

Yes, I do remember making that message. I don't believe it to be 'harassment' it was just a one-off message. I just felt anger at that player and wanted to provoke a reaction from him. I have never sent a rude message since.

I have apologised for that message and taken my punishment of receiving 10 points for it.

• Legend

211e17243b.png

That is the core definition of harassment. Could you give staff a reason why the ban is unjustified and what you plan to do if we appeal this verdict?

211e17243b.png

That is the core definition of harassment. Could you give staff a reason why the ban is unjustified and what you plan to do if we appeal this verdict?

Apologies, I thought the term 'harassment' meant repeatedly sending messages to another person in order to annoy/upset them. I now see that it has multiple definitions.

The ban is unjustified due to the fact that I had no apparent warnings about my behaviour. Nobody told me it was wrong. I realised my wrong-doings when Rampage told me a member had reported me for 'trolling.' I was given no warnings. I apologised and thought the matter had been cleared up, but obviously not.

If the verdict is appealed, I will never troll the Teamspeak servers, forums or DayZRP servers. If at anytime I am reported for trolling from now on, do feel inclined to ban me instantly.

I will also refrain myself from harassing the other members of the community through PM.

• Legend

Verdict

Appeal Denied.

Explanation

With the evidence considering you have not been in this community very long at all. During this short time you decided to abuse several community members in a way that shows a complete disregard for this community. You are responsible for your behavior, it is not our responsibility to stop you from act of self sabotage.

Outcome

Ban Holds.