Server time (UTC): 2022-10-07 02:21

Fight Night RP?

Do you think "Fight Nights" would happen in a real world apocalypse?  

48 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems that "Fight Night" is becoming very popular on this server. Honestly, I do not quite understand it. That is the reason I wanted to start this thread, to educate myself. Please let me know your thoughts.

Do you feel that during a real world apocalypse, still this fresh, that people would really do this? It seems like NVFL to me. In a real world situation a person could get seriously injured. How good would that person be in an apocalypse after that? I just don't feel that people would seriously do this sort of thing. What say you?

I think if you were just a survivor and there was some sort of prize that would greatly increase your chances of survival i can see how it could be plausible. Although i totaly agree with you about the fact that i don't think it would happen so soon after the events.

• Sapphire

I think that it is awesome that there is a fight night.

Here's my take on it. Two people fight, they bet some goods, winner takes all. Sounds awesome! Also, it is fun.

Edit: Yes. Yes, I do.

Guest Vittoria

Don't think it makes much sense unless theres a real "prize" for the winner, other then that just seems like something fun to do.

Does it make much sense? Probably not. Am I gonna go about reporting it or anything? Nope.

I think if you were just a survivor and there was some sort of prize that would greatly increase your chances of survival i can see how it could be plausible. Although i totaly agree with you about the fact that i don't think it would happen so soon after the events.

Yeah, the prize thing is a great point. For example, the winner receives a weapon and ammunition. However, right now it just seems like an excuse for people to not properly RP.

I think that it is awesome that there is a fight night.

Here's my take on it. Two people fight, they bet some goods, winner takes all. Sounds awesome! Also, it is fun.

That wasn't exactly the point of my post. The point was, do you think it is realistic in a real world apocalypse?

Don't think it makes much sense unless theres a real "prize" for the winner, other then that just seems like something fun to do.

Does it make much sense? Probably not. Am I gonna go about reporting it or anything? Nope.

I agree. I would not report NVFL for it. I just feel it is very unrealistic unless there are prizes.

I think that there is a good possibility that it would happen. A large group of thugs or something find a wounded traveler and heal him up to fight another one for: entertainment, bets, etc.

In a world where there is no legal punishments or morals anything is bound to happen. Cannibalism being a, while extreme, common example along with rape, robbery, and murder.

• Sapphire

It seems that "Fight Night" is becoming very popular on this server. Honestly, I do not quite understand it. That is the reason I wanted to start this thread, to educate myself. Please let me know your thoughts.

Do you feel that during a real world apocalypse, still this fresh, that people would really do this? It seems like NVFL to me. In a real world situation a person could get seriously injured. How good would that person be in an apocalypse after that? I just don't feel that people would seriously do this sort of thing. What say you?

If there were valuable enough prizes, might happen!

• Legend

We had a "fight night" last night started with an argument I think. Eventually it turned into a fight then people started challenging one another and pretty soon we had random people placing bets. As long as its rped out I see no problem with it.

• Emerald

I think it would be possible, but not this early fase yet.

Communities still have to be established, same with player controlled towns.

Once those would be established, people would seek some sort of entertainment.

Once people would have some sort of confort again, they would seek entertainment.

And boxing/fighting has always been a top entertainment, in every age.

• Emerald

As long as it's fine with everyone involved, I see no issue with it.

EDIT: Also related. :P

S03E05_arena002.jpg

I personally feel at this point, groups would be formed to a point of maybe 10+ people so chances are, some of them may be into "sparring matches" and others see it as a good sportsmanlike entertainment but thats just my 2 pennies. I've been involved in a number of "fight night" roleplay sessions, some of us were RPing injuries some minor others alittle disoriented from the KO. etc etc. luckily no one ever started bleeding so the harm isnt all that much IMO

• Sapphire

I could happen, as long as people RP it well afterwards and it actually has an effect on the character I could see it. Perhaps it's a little too soon but it's a plausible thing.

• MVP

If its punching and not to the death?

It's not at all badRP - look at the sports we have right now. Boxing, MMA, etc

• MVP

I think it can be realistic at this time in the Apocalypse. Group of people gather around to fight for gear, people want to survive and if the gear is as much as an asset to survival then why wouldn't they. Perhaps for entertainment like you capture a guy and force him to fight someone else.

I feel it could very well happen, one of the important things to remember in a survival situation is to stay entertained. If there's no entertainment people will start to become depressed and lose all hope. As long as it's regulated and handled with care a fight club could help a group of survivors stay fit and conditioned as well as entertain them.

I feel it could very well happen, one of the important things to remember in a survival situation is to stay entertained. If there's no entertainment people will start to become depressed and lose all hope. As long as it's regulated and handled with care a fight club could help a group of survivors stay fit and conditioned as well as entertain them.

And waste precious calories and medical supplies in the process.

Also, have a limb broken and not have the proper medical supplies to set it. I guess that is why they call it survival of the fittest/least dumb.

I'm not saying better options aren't available but to think it couldn't happen at all seems pretty illogical, of course it could happen. A large group of bandits and other "undesirables" could easily break out into a brawl amongst themselves after a raid or long time staying idle just for fun or to settle disputes within the group. It would be out of character for a general group of survivors but for psychopaths and other similar characters it's entirely plausible.