Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 04:16

Longer loot spawn times

In a real zombie apocalypse food would be essential to stockpile, and won't last so long. But it seems like it's still worthless, because loot is still very common. Instead of reducing the loot spawns outright, I suggest actually increasing the amount of loot spawned in spawn points, but making the loot spawn times much longer, minutes, hours even. I believe this can relieve loot farming, and is more realistic (because loot doesn't just appear out of thin air does it?). So a massive amount of loot gets spawned, but after it is all looted, you can't just wait a few minutes for it to respawn back, because it will respawn in a long time, so loot farming isn't practical anymore. Is this possible? Any thoughts, anyone?

Guest Jamie

Aye think this has been suggested a few times before.

A longer loot spawn timer would discourage loot farming and raise the value of many weapons.

How long are you thinking?

How long are you thinking?

Personally I'm thinking 45 minutes to an hour. But I suggest increasing the loot spawns, but prolonging the timer by a huge margin. So if you see few loot, you would know that there's people around, and they're taking things.

• Legend

The sense I get from the community is that 20-30 minutes would be ideal, but that was before the loot tables changed.

Personally, I'm against massive loot spawns at startup, because then everyone would rush the popular spots and then log out.

Personally, I'm against massive loot spawns at startup, because then everyone would rush the popular spots and then log out.

Hm... never thought of that... damnit! Maybe that might mean such a thing would work if it would respawn every few days, or even each week. Which would probably be a little insane.

Nope disagree I'm afraid guys, I like it how it is, with the way the loot spawns current;y there is a very low chance of finding something of very high value. I for one have not got NVg's and alot of the people that we rob/kill dont have them either (this is just an example)

I find it hard enough to get those special items (NVG, GPS, etc) without adding longer spawning times for them to appear, too. While I agree that having a random loot spawn time would be neat, at the same time I think it's unnecessary, since this could result in large groups simply holding down points and not allowing others to enter it - at least not until something spawns they want.

And if that happens, all the small groups, or individuals, won't stand a chance of making it into the choice spawn locations, especially if bandits and such are waiting on location for spoils.

As it stands, you can usually expect people already looting to get what they want and move on - allowing others to move in and try their luck.

Where did the issue of random spawn points come up? :S In real life of course,loot could never grow back, but you have to get what's still there. I still don't like how there's not really people who rob to get food, they all want weapons and backpacks and shit. I still say we should make things rarer and harder to find. I absolutely HATE it when more than two people come around with Mk 48s! And there's practically been NO such thing as "WTS food"

Kate I have been searching for about a week for a kvsk and still have not found one. The good loot spawns have such a low percentage that its equals out with the spawn times, if the made the spawn time longer they would have to increase the chances of getting something good aswell in my eyes.

• Emerald

Yes, in a real apocalypse, loot would never come back. This may be a realistic game, but it's still a game. We need to make it fair for everyone, big clans and individuals. This reform would fuck over the little guy.

The the loot drop percentage have already basically ruined the game for me, my hopes and dreams were to one day find NVGs in a barracks. I have attempted farming them for more than 2 weeks and have not found a single high tier weapons or tool. This game is pretty boring now, all i wanted to do was test how killing a zombie using the laser sights on my m4a3 acog GL would be. Now every time I go to the barracks all i find is AK's, more farming provides more AK's, and even being their several hours only leads to MORE AK's.

To get to the airfields and barracks is a FEAT IN ITSELF, nerfing this is like starving a baby because there a few individual babies who got fat, so to solve this you punish all. There is a reason Rocket deigned the game to be played like this.

Even to attempt to get that gear is risky, Zombies spawn inside every hanger, every building, its impossible to clear the area completely leading to more excitement when looking for items. Also as it is a well sought place it promoted banditism, farmers are always at risk of being robbed and killed. Thats one of the things that made it fun for me, the risk verse the reward. Attempting to gain a better gun only to lose it by not showing enough vigilance or caution.

The playability of this game now is this. All risk, no reward, nothing to show for it, nothing for being good at the game, except LITERALLY toilet paper to show how much the nerfs have shit all over the game.

• MVP

The the loot drop percentage have already basically ruined the game for me, my hopes and dreams were to one day find NVGs in a barracks. I have attempted farming them for more than 2 weeks and have not found a single high tier weapons or tool. This game is pretty boring now, all i wanted to do was test how killing a zombie using the laser sights on my m4a3 acog GL would be. Now every time I go to the barracks all i find is AK's, more farming provides more AK's, and even being their several hours only leads to MORE AK's.

To get to the airfields and barracks is a FEAT IN ITSELF, nerfing this is like starving a baby because there a few individual babies who got fat, so to solve this you punish all. There is a reason Rocket deigned the game to be played like this.

Even to attempt to get that gear is risky, Zombies spawn inside every hanger, every building, its impossible to clear the area completely leading to more excitement when looking for items. Also as it is a well sought place it promoted banditism, farmers are always at risk of being robbed and killed. Thats one of the things that made it fun for me, the risk verse the reward. Attempting to gain a better gun only to lose it by not showing enough vigilance or caution.

The playability of this game now is this. All risk, no reward, nothing to show for it, nothing for being good at the game, except LITERALLY toilet paper to show how much the nerfs have shit all over the game.

You're looking in the wrong place. All the barracks will give you is high-end and specialized Russian/Soviet weapons.

You're looking in the wrong place. All the barracks will give you is high-end and specialized Russian/Soviet weapons.

Higher tier, nice joke, all they spawn is AK74s and AK74Us.

They are supposed to also spawn serveral types of SVDs, KSVKS, NVGS, Rangfinders, GPS, PKPs, PKMs etc.

They were ridulosly rare, as they should be.

But now its so rare its just stupid and ruins the fun.

They are supposed to also spawn serveral types of SVDs, KSVKS, NVGS, Rangfinders, GPS, PKPs, PKMs etc.

I agree with anubian here. People no longer come to the barracks to find loot as it has been nerfed massively. However find a crashes chopper and there is a few top end weapons just laying there. They need to increase the chances of good loot spawning at the barracks again so it will bring interest to the area again making it a challenge and also good for RP as you will meet people there probably.

I liked the loot tables when the server first started, it wasn't easy to find amazing loot however it made visiting the barracks (wherever they are) a lot more fun and interesting.

Which is still overpowered given the situation. It's absolutely annoying when you see what's supposed to be hardened, rag-tag survivors all using hi-tech weapons and wearing NVGs. I'd love to insult you, calling you a noob and all, but I'd rather be nice and not ;).