Server time (UTC): 2021-10-21 01:18

Black screen

Does any get random black screens? They remind me of driver crash but drivers dont recover. the computer just remains frozen. I think it has something to do with custom objects on the map. without them I didnt get any black screens. Does anyone have the same problem or knows how to fix it?

yeah ive had the same problem since the server issues, removal of TP etc. i've turned shadows down to normal and anti-aliasing and post processing off completely. seems to have done the trick, for now.. though still getting poor FPS across the map.

• Server Manager

It's your GPU dying or overheating. Does it happen in other games?

It does sound like overheating. download a free monitoring program and check it out, I suppose.

I monitor it. every time my GPU temperature becomes too high (80 degrees Celsius) it starts beeping. and it never beeps. :) its usually 60 when playing. same with CPU except it's temperatures are even lower
  • MVP

On a related note my nVidia driver crashes when I turn a game on for the first time after booting up.

I ctrl alt del and remove that process then start again and it works perfectly.

I thought that the issue was only with ARMA but it has happened on a few others as well now.

Any thoughts? Guess I just need to reinstall the whole thing.

On a related note my nVidia driver crashes when I turn a game on for the first time after booting up.

I ctrl alt del and remove that process then start again and it works perfectly.

I thought that the issue was only with ARMA but it has happened on a few others as well now.

Any thoughts? Guess I just need to reinstall the whole thing.

I take it you have the latest drivers?

If so, try to rollback a driver version and see what happens