Server time (UTC): 2021-10-26 12:01

Some Newbie - Questions

• Sapphire

Hi all, I´m new to dayz and new to dayzrp. Until now I walked around in the wilderness, trying zu evade every Zombie I see - of course I didn´t find anything useful until now, so I think it´s time to approach a village - but this is not my question. During wandering through the wilderness, I had a lot of time to think about the game and I realized, that there are a few things, that I need to get clarified, before I meet another player and start to interact with him/her. First of all I need to say, that I´m not familiar with Arma II yet, because the only reason I bought that game, was the DayZ Mod and especially the DayZRP - but I try to play the Arma II tutorials...

Now to my questions: When I looked over the controls, I saw, that there are different chat channels. When I´ll meet another player, I do not want to disturb any RP with searching for a chat channel, so I´d like to now, which chat channel is used for RP/Interacting by default? Or do you use the TS for RP?

Another question I have is: is it possible to customize you character and save that? I asked, because everytime I log in, my character has the same face - the face I chose when I created the char, but with every login my char changes his cloths - sometimes he´s a long haired biker, sometimes he appears as a lumberman and the day before yesterday he looked like the cliche of a frenchman, with a blue striped shirt and a black beret....

Btw: I do not mean login after dying. My Char died only one time until now, when he spawned near a zombie.

Guest Heinz

1) Direct communication, usually clans are using TS, but ingame RPing happens mostly via direct communication.

2) I'm not sure, but I think the faces are attached to the skin you got at that time, so it your face changes everytime your skin does. On some skin it should use your default face.

• MVP

Hi all, I´m new to dayz and new to dayzrp. Until now I walked around in the wilderness, trying zu evade every Zombie I see - of course I didn´t find anything useful until now, so I think it´s time to approach a village - but this is not my question. During wandering through the wilderness, I had a lot of time to think about the game and I realized, that there are a few things, that I need to get clarified, before I meet another player and start to interact with him/her. First of all I need to say, that I´m not familiar with Arma II yet, because the only reason I bought that game, was the DayZ Mod and especially the DayZRP - but I try to play the Arma II tutorials...

Now to my questions: When I looked over the controls, I saw, that there are different chat channels. When I´ll meet another player, I do not want to disturb any RP with searching for a chat channel, so I´d like to now, which chat channel is used for RP/Interacting by default? Or do you use the TS for RP?

Generally you should use the 'White' channel, 'Direct Communication'. That is the only one people should be able to see. Unless you are in a vehicle, where you can use the yellow 'Vehicle' channel

People use TS to communicate with their groups or arrange something to happen over a longer distance.

Another question I have is: is it possible to customize you character and save that? I asked, because everytime I log in, my character has the same face - the face I chose when I created the char, but with every login my char changes his cloths - sometimes he´s a long haired biker, sometimes he appears as a lumberman and the day before yesterday he looked like the cliche of a frenchman, with a blue striped shirt and a black beret....

Btw: I do not mean login after dying. My Char died only one time until now, when he spawned near a zombie.

We have seen that when you log in it can revert your character to another one of the default skins. If you look around in the towns and other loot spawning areas, you may find packages that contain different types of clothes for you to wear. This can help customize your appearance.

The only way to customize your character via the character profile, on the main menu, is for faces, facial hair and glasses.

also, if you have a mic you can hold 'caps lock' and speak to anyone within range. it saves you cycling through chat channels, though remember you have to be close enough for them to hear you.

• Legend

When you log in, direct chat is not selected by default. Make a habit of switching to Direct chat (which some call Local Chat) by pressing ',' or '.' to cycle channels as soon as you log in.

I've not noticed the random skin on login thing, but then I usually use a skin from the donation shop.

to talk to another player you can use any channel (its a bit bugged) the player will be able to hear you. however if you will use direct channel you will agro a ton of zombies as a bonus :D